Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
duplicate
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by estnet
Really? That has not been my experience. If you are the correct level elite free breakfast except at ?Ritz-Carlton or St Regis (I always get them mixed up - sorry)
You're thinking of Ritz Carlton, which does not currently have a Bangkok property. St. Regis provides free restaurant breakfast, as do most of the Marriotts in Bangkok. This property and Surawongse only provide a lounge breakfast (which they are allowed to get away with as legacy Marriotts). I honestly don't know why anyone would stay here with all the better options in Bangkok.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
You're thinking of Ritz Carlton, which does not currently have a Bangkok property. St. Regis provides free restaurant breakfast, as do most of the Marriotts in Bangkok. This property and Surawongse only provide a lounge breakfast (which they are allowed to get away with as legacy Marriotts). I honestly don't know why anyone would stay here with all the better options in Bangkok.
Yes, I agree. Pre-covid people with children were allowed the restaurant but Titanium were not -
I was responding to the poster who said breakfast wasn't free for elite - clearly not the case. I stayed here once - that was enough! I am not a fan of huge convention hotels, having to wait 15 minutes for the lift, mass produced food, etc. Must appeal to some but I'm with you - can't understand that choice with all the other better options
Kacee and Will08 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Originally Posted by estnet
Really? That has not been my experience. If you are the correct level elite free breakfast except at ?Ritz-Carlton or St Regis (I always get them mixed up - sorry)
Sorry for the misleading. Hotel with Marriott brand (JW, Marriott) were not used to provide free breakfast in the main restaurant. Lounge breakfast is free but it is usually bad.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Originally Posted by estnet;[url=tel:34689335
34689335[/url]]Yes, I agree. Pre-covid people with children were allowed the restaurant but Titanium were not -
I was responding to the poster who said breakfast wasn't free for elite - clearly not the case. I stayed here once - that was enough! I am not a fan of huge convention hotels, having to wait 15 minutes for the lift, mass produced food, etc. Must appeal to some but I'm with you - can't understand that choice with all the other better options
Not sure other Bangkok hotels, I stayed 13 different Marriott properties in past 3 months (including resorts, regis and ritz). Some of them were used to provide excellent breakfast but not anymore.

This hotel indeed the best from my recent experiences. Perhaps Bangkok is exempt from Covid.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA1k3.05mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Some locals like it bc of the glitzy lobby with lots of places to take selfies and glamorous looking pics.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kevino
Some locals like it bc of the glitzy lobby with lots of places to take selfies and glamorous looking pics.
They can have it!
Will08 and nexus7556 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA1k3.05mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The corner suites there are very nice because there are no rooms next to you (I think), only a room across from you (if I recall correctly).
Old May 14, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I think this Marriott might win the title for the largest welcome gift I have received - 3 plates and a basket! 10 cookies, 12 chocolates, and so much fruit.
Old May 14, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I think this Marriott might win the title for the largest welcome gift I have received - 3 plates and a basket! 10 cookies, 12 chocolates, and so much fruit.
Nice one, what properties are you staying in Bangkok?
Old May 14, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by diablo77
Nice one, what properties are you staying in Bangkok?
Marriott Marquis
Marriott Sukhumvit
Westin Sukhumvit
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
JW
Athenee
Renaissance
Le Meridien
W
St Regis
Royal Orchid Sheraton
Marriott Surawongse
Conrad
dgreen12 likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 10:22 am

I absolutely adored my time at the Marriott Marquis in Bangkok, which set my expectations for my hotel experiences in Bangkok quite high. If this is what a convention hotel is swerving, I'm quire curious what hotels this forum enjoys are delivering. I'm not sure how one could improve on the Marriott Marquis. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Note: I arrived at 10 PM and missed evening service in the lounge.

Pros:
  • Upgraded several days in advance to a M 1-Bedroom Suite - this upgrade was also pointed out in the pre-arrival email
  • Full and spacious suite with true separation
  • Very comfortable couch in the living room
  • Nice design throughout - felt modern but lots of Thai touches in the artwork and room accents
  • Bed was comfortable - just-right mattress topper, decent cover thickness for the tropics, plush pillows
  • Shower pressure from the wand was great
  • Lots of soft towels
  • Absolutely amazing welcome gift - so many sweets and fruits - three plates and one basket
  • Service was very friendly throughout - no issues with lines despite obvious conventions
  • Offered 4 PM late checkout proactively
  • Luggage delivered extremely quickly
  • Lounge opened 24 hours - great for beverages
  • Offered restaurant breakfast, which was one of the best I've had recently - massive variety
    • Delicious and fresh cinnamon donut
    • STRAWBERRY MILK
    • Some of the softest and freshest mini pancakes
    • Made to order eggs
    • Staff felt more proactive than previous experiences in Korea despite the large size of the restaurant
Cons:
  • No Internet steaming capabilities on the TV
Overall, I look forward to the next time I get the chance to return to this property.

Photos:

dgreen12 likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 12:36 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
One thing I did not like about this property was the low ceilings. I realize the building itself is old and was re-renovated into the hotel it is today but that's the easiest sign for me that points to lower quality build
Old May 15, 2023, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
One thing I did not like about this property was the low ceilings. I realize the building itself is old and was re-renovated into the hotel it is today but that's the easiest sign for me that points to lower quality build
Yep. I got an M Suite here and while square footage was decent, the low ceilings made it feel claustrophobic to me. Pool area is also pretty sad. Not a fan of the location down the soi, either.

It is nice they're offering restaurant breakfast, that's a change from when I visited several years ago.

If you're not used to Thai hospitality and service, it can seem quite extraordinary though.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:11 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Pool area is also pretty sad. Not a fan of the location down the soi, either it is nice they're offering restaurant breakfast, that's a change from when I visited several years ago.
The location is now a big plus since it is right next to EmSphere the newest in-mall in Phrom Phong. You can walk to the mall from the lawn at the exit into the park. This was probably why the M lounge here was packed at the daily happy hour from 5 to 8pm. As a Titanium, I didn't score a suite upgrade on a weekday stay. The hotel instead offered a bottle of wine or 2000 points in lieu of the upgrade.

I can also confirm that complimentary breakfast is now offered at the restaurant on the ground floor which has one of the largest buffet spread for a Bonvoy property in Bangkok. Sadly there seems to be only one coffee machine for the entire restaurant.

The park view room upgrade is very hot in the morning as it faces the morning sun. Thank goodness for black out curtains!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.