Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations email:
[email protected]
Duty manager: [email protected]

April 2017 Photos - see posts 45-51

From website: In Executive Lounge no children below 12 years allowed after 7pm and smart casual attire is required-no shorts/slippers

As of 2023, shorts seem to have been removed from the lounge dress code exclusion. ElevatorEnthusiast definitely wore them.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Dn10

Thanks. Have you checked out the St Regis at all?
The location is very different from that of JW and Westin.

Agree with EGW1, don't expect much from them in terms of Elite benefits.
Its either they genuinely fully booked ... or they cant be bothered giving upgrade benefits during less busier times.
I did regularly stay there due to location.

The hotel itself are nice, room were spacious even for their base room.
Very well maintained hotel.

I don't see many tourist staying here but they did have plenty of those VVIP guests staying.
From my 14 stays there, I would say there are 6 stays that coincide with some foreign dignitaries staying there as well.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've stayed at StR three times and received an upgrade each time. I like the property, though I agree the Four Seasons is overall a better one (and sometimes offers great FHR rate). To me the best thing about the StR is its proximity to Botanic Garden for early morning run. I like the art collection as well, particularly the Botero sculptures. King Cole Bar is also quite nice, with live piano in the evening.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
I took a quick snap of the fireworks from my room at the JW last night so others can get an idea of the view night and day (not the best photos I know).

margarita girl likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:55 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by EGW1
I took a quick snap of the fireworks from my room at the JW last night so others can get an idea of the view night and day (not the best photos I know).
What floor and room type was this? thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by xar
What floor and room type was this? thanks.
18 series, (colleague had same view on 14th floor). You also get the view below (essentially windows the length of the entire room).

Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:47 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Moderator Note

Folks,
This is not a thread for comparing hotels but a Master Thread for a specific hotel. Please keep your comments more topical and take the discussion comparing hotels to the appropriate thread.

Thanks,
yosithezet
Co-Moderator, MB Forum
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:53 pm

How does access to the lounge work? Do you use your key card or do they have someone at a desk that lets you in?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
How does access to the lounge work? Do you use your key card or do they have someone at a desk that lets you in?
Behind desk.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by mbowden19
Behind desk.
We are doing an award stay with a king room booked. I wonder if they'll add a 3rd name to the room? We have a friend we'd like to bring in for drinks one night.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:08 pm

We are doing an award stay with a king room booked. I wonder if they'll add a 3rd name to the room? We have a friend we'd like to bring in for drinks one night.
Expect some sort of a 3rd person fee for club access unless somehow they waive it since the rule is member plus 1 for the most part.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Key card lounge entry is quite rare in Asia. Maybe JW HKG?

wonder if they'll add a 3rd name to the room? We have a friend we'd like to bring in for drinks one night.
For free? In Singapore? Not likely.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Lots of restaurants/bars right there in/around the hotel/building if you wanted to avoid the lounge or if there was an extra charge.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Key card lounge entry is quite rare in Asia. Maybe JW HKG?

For free? In Singapore? Not likely.
I'd have to check the maximum number of guests for an award room. If we moved over to a room with 2 beds if that would allow for four on the room vs two with a king.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:18 am

I'd have to check the maximum number of guests for an award room. If we moved over to a room with 2 beds if that would allow for four on the room vs two with a king.
Doesn't matter. As has already been pointed out, lounge access is member plus one.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Doesn't matter. As has already been pointed out, lounge access is member plus one.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.