Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hoi An Tam Ky Resort, Vietnam, Opening [?] March 31, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 1:22 pm
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold

found this on SPG, i think some weeks ago opening was scheduled for July but i guess it wont open this year if i look at the pictures posted here : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...hp?p=131704148

happy to see new vn properties popping up
Old May 23, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for update. However, if pictures and recent, October 1st. seems very optimistic to me...
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
According to SPG.com we are looking at a Jan 1, 2017 opening....maybe. Wish it would open earlier. Would have love to have tried out this new resort.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mh3265a
According to SPG.com we are looking at a Jan 1, 2017 opening....maybe.
I was on site a few days ago. I would say mid 2017, not before...
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by geilux
I was on site a few days ago. I would say mid 2017, not before...
Sad but that seems to be the norm for some of these new hotel openings in SE Asia these days.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:38 am

wrong pics

Sorry but you posted pics of the wrong hotel. You showed construction site pictures of the Sheraton Grand Danang Resort & Spa which is actually in Danang. This hotel will open early 2018.
The Sheraton Hoi An Tam Ky Resort & Spa is located further South, just beyond Hoi An, and will open just around the same time.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:51 am
cln
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Sheraton Hoi An Tam Ky Resort & Spa - An All-Inclusive Resort Opening July 1, 2017
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:55 am

the new Sheraton is massive

We just returned from Vietnam and stayed the IC Danang Sun -beautiful hotel and location btw- and had a taxi driver take us to Hoi An and saw the Sheraton construction firsthand. It is absolutely huge. It looks like it has a ways to go but the location is much closer to Hoi An than the IC Danang Sun. Hoi An is picture perfect and definitely try Morning Glory and the iced tea at Mot if you stay at the Sheraton.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: UA MP - 1K
Sheraton Hoi An Tam Ky Resort & Spa - Opening June 1, 2018

Guess they pushed the opening date back another 9 month.....was scheduled to open end of September 2017.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by tnkngn
Guess they pushed the opening date back another 9 month.....was scheduled to open end of September 2017.
Did they bring it forward? They have pictures, including furniture, online and it says Feb 1, 2018!!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: UA MP - 1K
Originally Posted by plc44
Did they bring it forward? They have pictures, including furniture, online and it says Feb 1, 2018!!
Hhhmm, you are right!

What's even weirder is that now two further hotels in Da Nang have appeared on the Starwood page that I believe weren't previously listed - Sheraton Grand Da Nang & Four Points Da Nang!
Both are opening very soon, the Sheraton Grand end of this month?! Did a quick Google search and found this, apparently the APEC dinner was hosted in this space last November
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:42 am

I don't know actual dates, but 4 Points in Danang is very much under construction, as there is simply no interior to speak of (no walls enclosing it). The Grand Sheraton is this massive castle rising from the ocean and looks amazing at night, and I didn't go inside (cause you have to drive in their grand entrance) but it seems it may actually open soon.

There is no Sheraton Hoi An to speak of, as no recognizable building I saw.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:50 am
Community Director Emerita

Hotel website says it is opening Feb 1 2018. I've been to Hoi An a few times and would enjoy having a solid option there. However when I look at a map, it shows the hotel as being a one hour drive south.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
What category is this? I'm looking for a nice hotel for the summer. I was thinking of going back to Sheraton Nha Trang but Hoi An would be better.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I don't know actual dates, but 4 Points in Danang is very much under construction, as there is simply no interior to speak of (no walls enclosing it). The Grand Sheraton is this massive castle rising from the ocean and looks amazing at night, and I didn't go inside (cause you have to drive in their grand entrance) but it seems it may actually open soon.

There is no Sheraton Hoi An to speak of, as no recognizable building I saw.
Listed as January 25th on the website, and there were some regional Marriott people there recently so hopefully that date is reasonably accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.