Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Metropolitan, Paris, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Metropolitan, Paris, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
From what I can gather on TripAdvisor, the two hotels share ownership and managers.

What are the advantages or disadvantages of each? I'm looking at staying at one of the properties in December instead of my usual hotel, the Renaissance Republique. My only concern is the walking distance looks considerably further from Notre Dame, Hôtel de Ville and Saint-Germain.
Any updates on your stay here?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Considering a stay at this hotel later in the year. Looking for something romantic. Can anyone confirm: Is this the only Marriott property in Paris with Eiffel Tower views from the rooms? From looking online, it appears so, but maybe the more experienced FT'ers know different.
Cheers!
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by TeamCarryOn
Considering a stay at this hotel later in the year. Looking for something romantic. Can anyone confirm: Is this the only Marriott property in Paris with Eiffel Tower views from the rooms? From looking online, it appears so, but maybe the more experienced FT'ers know different.
Cheers!
I stayed here in 2018 in what I believe was a Junior Suite but there are a number of hotels in Paris that has an Eiffel Tower view. There is I believe a two story suite at the next door Le Dokhan hotel which what I believe is called the Eiffel Suite. There is a wonderful suite at the Westin (I think it's closed now) which has an Eiffel tower view as well.

I've stayed in these three properties in the past which has a view. The other I stayed at didn't have one such as Le Maison. If I had to choose one of those, I would go for the Westin.
af fp likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I stayed here in 2018 in what I believe was a Junior Suite but there are a number of hotels in Paris that has an Eiffel Tower view. There is I believe a two story suite at the next door Le Dokhan hotel which what I believe is called the Eiffel Suite. There is a wonderful suite at the Westin (I think it's closed now) which has an Eiffel tower view as well.

I've stayed in these three properties in the past which has a view. The other I stayed at didn't have one such as Le Maison. If I had to choose one of those, I would go for the Westin.
Thank you for the reply. Another consideration is the number of suites a property has with Eiffel Tower views, and the chances of getting a suite upgrade, but the additional two properties you mention provide some good options for research. Thanks, again!
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG

Not a bad view from the Effile from the Le Metropolitan Tower view suites I believe the hotel has 4 of these suites, floors 2-5, the 6th floor has the Effile suite with the oval window with the view south of the Effile tower. The hotel has 38 rooms and 10 suites

Great view and a great little hotel. It a very small hotel we’ve had great service. Elite breakfast is type French continental that’s very good. For a 10€ additional adds egg, an excellent omelet is an option, a cheese plate, a choice of cereals and a fruit bowl. It’s actually almost too much. The standard continental is certainly enough.

The hotel is in an upscale residential neighborhood with a lot of dinning options very close. Transport, is good with two close subway stops (2 different set of subway line). But for a first trip to Paris or if you want to be a close walk to the Louvre likely it’s location isn’t perfect.
af fp and flipstah like this.

Last edited by Ripley62; Nov 4, 2021 at 4:11 am
Old Jun 26, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
For my dates there's a difference of 40 EUR per night between this property and Renaissance Paris Vendome, or 20k points per night difference. Which property is better?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Isochronous
For my dates there's a difference of 40 EUR per night between this property and Renaissance Paris Vendome, or 20k points per night difference. Which property is better?
I have never stayed at the Le Metropolitan (located next to one of the most famous high school of France) , but certainly would not recommend the Renaissance Vendome, where I have stayed once (first and last stay).
The rooms are small at Renaissance Vendome, but they also seem pretty small at the Le Metropolitan.

Enjoy the city!
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Isochronous
You really are looking at very different areas of the city. So it’s a difficult comparison. I haven’t stayed at Renn Vendome which might be a better choice location wise if you haven’t been to Paris or are planning on spending time in the more central museum and shopping area.

We've stayed at both the Le Metropolitan and it’s sister property La Dokhan (same owner and same management) it’s a classic flat iron build profile so the room size seems vary. We only stayed in a suite which comfortably sized but not as large as let’s say the suites at Prince de Galles. It’s not really two rooms but the bed area can be completely closed off from sitting area via movable walls. The standard rooms did look pretty standard for Paris ie small.

the subway is quite close to Le Metropolitan at Trocadero really end of the street in my pic above with the Effile. It’s a fairly up scale residential area I believe there also a number diplomatic residences in the area.. There are decent number cafes and restaurant nearby but they’re more in service to the local neighborhood rather than destination. Though the cafes with Effile view around Trocadero are of course pretty close.

As a recommendation, even without SNAs, our next trip to Paris we’ll stay at le Metropolitan but my wife especially prefers small hotels and we both like the area.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 9:36 am

Le Metropolitan it is then.

What are they like with suite upgrades and Titanium treatment generally? Will be staying for 1 night mid-week in late August.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 2:49 am

Does anyone have an email address for this property?
Old Oct 6, 2023, 11:07 pm

Property never replied to the email that I found for them, but the service in person was actually really nice.

Like most urban Paris hotels, rooms were tiny but the bathroom was a decent size, and the breakfast was nice. Especially enjoyed the large steam room in the basement next to the small lap pool that they have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.