Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Riverview, Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points by Sheraton Riverview, Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jpdx
Thanks for the reports! I'm interested in hearing what rates you guys are finding for this place. I see SGD160++ and up on SPG for most dates, and given the reports, that seems rather a lot compared to the Westin, which can fairly easily BRGed for SGD200++ (EUR200 all-in before 20% BRG discount). Seems as though club, breakfast, points, very nice rooms (if usually not suites) and (arguably) a better location makes the Westin a winner for only SGD30-50 more than this place. Are there any competing sites I'm not aware of that bring the 4P to SGD120++? I'd love to stay here for one night to fulfill the 4P requirement of the 11 brand promo, but I'm reluctant to pay what they're asking.
i have a brg reservation here for october....found a sgd140 rate via hotelscombined.com & took the 20% off, bringing the final price down to sgd112 + tax....
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:04 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Keyser
i have a brg reservation here for october....found a sgd140 rate via hotelscombined.com & took the 20% off, bringing the final price down to sgd112 + tax....
That's more like it! ^ Seems to be gone now ... rates are the same across all the boring sites, and the more obscure sites don't list the hotel.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jpdx
That's more like it! ^ Seems to be gone now ... rates are the same across all the boring sites, and the more obscure sites don't list the hotel.
let me know what obscure sites you are using....there is a way to find this property even though it doesn't come up in the initial search....
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just finished a 9 night stay here....here are some impressions:

had a great sgd112 + tax brg rate that i booked a couple of months in advance....

requested an early check-in at 10am via your24 which was denied but the room was available when i reached the property at 10am so they let me check in early in any case....

i booked a premium river view room & that is exactly what i got....at check in i could see a suite available online but i was not offered any upgrade....i know this does not guarantee that the suite was available but it was showing as available during check-in....

a choice was offered between the 250 amenity points or breakfast....we choose the breakfast at the eatery restaurant....

i found the size of the room & bathroom to be a bit on the smaller side....the room had a king size bed, a bench type sitting area underneath the window overlooking the river, a desk area, empty fridge, tea/coffee maker & a safe....the closet was also a bit on the smaller side....4 bottles of water were left in the room daily....internet was free, fast & worked well....

when i first entered the room i noticed that a ceiling light on top of the bed was not functioning properly....it would either flicker or turn off....i complained about this immediately & was told that it would be fixed right away....we got ready & left the room an hour later & no one had come till then to fix the light....when we got back to the room late at night the light had still not been fixed....i complained again & was told it would get fixed in the morning....the second day we left the room early & again returned late at night to find out the light had still not been fixed....another complaint to the front desk led to them sending someone from maintenance who had a look at the faulty light & said he would fix it in the morning....when we left our room the 3rd morning i again reminded the front desk about the light but once again it was not fixed when we got back that evening....i asked to speak with a manager & was informed that no one was available at the moment but someone would get in touch with me shortly....on the 4th morning i still had not heard from anyone so i went down to the front desk & asked for a manager....the manager apologized profusely for this lapse in service & ensured that the problem was taken care of right away....when we got back to our room later that night the light had been fixed & we had a fruit plate & an apology note in our room....

the next morning i received another note from the manager apologizing once again & inviting us for a complimentary meal at their restaurant....since we had dinner plans on every night that we were there i declined the invitation but thanked them for the gesture & treated this issue as closed....

the breakfast every morning had lots of choices although the items were not marked so i had to ask the staff what some of the items were....the food was good & they changed a few menu items every couple of days....

we ordered room service a few times & once again service was prompt & the food was good....

i found the location of the property to be pretty good....a 5 minute walk to great world city & a 15-20 minute walk to orchard....there was an hourly shuttle from the hotel to orchard which we used a couple of times....

i used the pool & gym a few times & both were adequate....

all in all i would describe this as an average stay....i may consider staying here again if i got the right price....
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Well I'm here in the Four Points Eatery (eating here because I have a flight at dark o'clock tomorrow AM) having dinner with my 30% SPG discount. The staff here were warm and professional. Almost like you're visiting their house as a guest.

I arrived at the hotel and was pleasantly surprised at the front desk staff. They were trained well, having the script memorized and notifying me of my 250 SP or breakfast. I chose the buffet and can say it's better than the Sheraton Towers. Besides having the usual things for breakfast (egg station, various meats, a BIG pile of bacon) they also had a pancake/waffle station. What's more fun than that?

My Plat status was recognized and was rewarded with a center suite upgrade. The room had a view of Havelock Road and had a nice desk. The room still had that "new room" smell and the bed was awesomely firm. Rate was $140++.

It also had flying bugs (small mozzies?). I killed 4 while sitting at the desk and decided to move rooms. Management was very apologetic and got moved one floor down to a corner Riverview suite. The room is configured differently but has a lot of space. Guess that's a hazard being next to a river, but on the 21st floor?

No minibars, but empty fridges you can fill up yourself with stuff from 7-11 which is a 5 minute walk across the bridge. The bathrooms were redone well but with generic Four Points amenities.

This is probably the first SPG hotel here that's actually close to stuff. Across the river is Robertson Quay and if you keep walking, you'll wind up in Clarke Quay. This stretch of the river has high end hotels such as the Grand Copthorne, Warehouse Hotel and some M hotel on the other side of the river. What it doesn't have is MRT access. Grab and/or Uber is your friend. The hotel has a shuttle that goes to Chinatown or Orchard in the AM hours.

Impressed. Good job!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Not going to go in to much detail, but the management and staff here are great. Switched hotels mid trip to get a different feel for the city, and they have gone above and beyond. Left for a meeting, and came back to a handwritten thank you note and a bottle of Moet along with some Strawberries. Sometimes it's the little things.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:22 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Great stay at a great price

Four Points by Sheraton Singapore, Riverview

382 Havelock Road Singapore, SG 169629

Great stay at a great price (20 Photos)

Four Points by Sheraton Singapore, Riverview

I was happy to see that there is now a more affordable option with SPG in Singapore. I used to live and work on the Little Red Dot and like try different hotels every time I come back for a visit.

Found this of SGD 159++ per night. I booked the Deluxe City View and was upgraded as a Plat to Premium City View...

It's located near Robertson Quay, which is somehow near Clarke Quay and Chinatown. You could walk from both those touristy areas to the hotel. It's not that far but it's just hot and humid. It's on a stretch of Havelock Road that has all these old school hotels: Miramar, Copthorne King, Furama but also the brand new M Social, Intercontinental Clarke Quay and the Warehouse (Design Hotel participating in SPG). 

No nearby MRT. You'd have to go for Clarke Quay station. But, there are at least 3 or 4 bus lines that stop right in front of the hotel. And these lines are are super convenient, they will take you directly to Great World City, Harbour Front, Chinatown to the West, Orchard Road to the North, City Hall, Bugis, Kallang, Geylang to the East. So if navigating the bus system doesn't scare you, it's pretty convenient. 

Lots of restaurant options (more like Western types restaurants than local eateries) as well as bars right along the river. It's quite a posh area nearby with lots of expats (Rivervalley, Robertson Walk, Orchard). For cheaper and more local feel, just head to Chinatown. Taxi drivers know where the hotel is, no issues there. Paid around SGD 35 from Changi airport on a Saturday late afternoon. Less than 30 minutes as there was absolutely no traffic.

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1726.JPG

That big black building is the new Intercontinental, still not opened (my stay was early August). Clarker Quay is where those two orange towers are (Novotel Clarke Quay).

Check In

Check-in was easy, efficient and friendly. A doorman is there to help you carry your luggage (he was quite old, I felt bad but he insisted). The Front Desk has 2 podiums I think. Only 1 was manned (it was around 7PM) and only after a few seconds, the Guest Services Manager showed up and greeted my by name, thanking me for being Plat blablabla and handed me her card. I have to say, I was really impressed. Very professional, very friendly. I booked the lowest cat room, Deluxe City View and got upgraded to a Premium City View... I was hoping for River View actually haha.

Late check-out at 4PM was granted, no issue at all. I chose the breakfast instead of the 250 points since FPs don't have a Club/Lounge floor.

Went up to my room without my bags as they would bring them. There are 6 elevators so that's super convenient and they were quite fast.

IMG_1716.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

Room

When I entered the room, I was a bit surprised.... you litteraly walk into the room. Not sure how to describe this but there is not small hallway or separation. As soon as you open the door, you're in front of your bed. The room is ok size, not huge but not minuscule (I've seen worse in Singapore). Just a minute later, the Guest Services Manager was ringing and was with the doorman and my suitcases. She asked if the room was ok and if I needed any assistance. I just said I was surprised by the configuration of the room. She smiled and said "it's how the previous hotel was built, there was not much we could do" in a very polite way.

Room is clean and functional, desk with 2 plugs and 2 more plugs by the bed, one on each side. Safe deposit box, ironing board, small closet and nice bathroom with shower and the usual FP amenities.

They have this smart phone that you can take with you for free for free data and local calls I think. I didn't use it. 2 complimentary bottles of water on the desk and 2 more in the bathroom. No minibar, just an empty fridge for your to store your personal drinks.

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

Dining

Breakfast was great. Good size buffet with your usual items, a good mix of Asian and Western items. Some items change every day, mostly the Asian items: one day there were coffee custard dumplings, the next day it was red bean paste or kaya. Fruits, and freshly squeezed orange juice!!! It's a small detail but it's just so much better than concentrate. They even had fresh coconut water.

Enough seating, no queue at all. There are some seatings outside as well, on a covered patio next to the river.

1_IMG_1718.JPG

IMG_1719.JPG

Pool

The pool and the gym are on the 5th floor, between the guest rooms and the meetings and function rooms. It's a bit on a smaller side considering the size of the hotel but it's there. The gym is split in two small rooms. One with the treadmills and one with the free weights.

Interesting to note that they have washing and drying machines right next to the gym. It's SGD 10 per machine (don't know about drying).

IMG_1723.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

Service

In general, service was great. Everytime someone from the Front Desk saw, me, they greeted my by name, which is not common at a Four Points (or is it just me). They really try hard to please their SPG members, which is a positive point.

They have a concierge desk as well, combined with some kind of travel/tour agent. They have a shuttle bus that runs to Chinatown and Orchard road, about once per hour but only a few times per day. You need to book your seat in advance as it's not their own shuttle. It picks up people from all the surrounding hotels, including the Holiday Inn Atrium a bit further down the road.

Overall

Overall it was a good stay for the price paid. I've checked some random dates now and the prices are even lower.... I randomly saw some SGD 140++ rates for September weekend.

I'd stay there again, no doubt. If I felt like I wanted to pay a bit more, I'd still book the Westin, love their rooms and pool. 

Great stay at a great price

Would you like to write a review on the Four Points by Sheraton Singapore, Riverview?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I've stayed there a few times - price was reasonable compared to other SPG properties.
However, prices seem to be edging up - I stayed here when the price was 50% of
Sheraton Towers or Westin. For my next trip to SIN, the Four Points is only about
20% less than the Sheraton Towers, for that difference I booked the Sheraton.
The main convenience for me is walking distance to the subway.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
So I know that if I book two rooms under my name (SPG Plat), I'm entitled to breakfast (if that's the amenity selected) for up to two people in the room I'm staying at only.

Does anyone know how this property handles breakfast for the second room? I booked two rooms here -- one for me and my brother and one for my parents. Both are in my name/number.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:00 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enelym1978
It's on a stretch of Havelock Road that has all these old school hotels: Miramar, Copthorne King, Furama but also the brand new M Social, Intercontinental Clarke Quay and the Warehouse (Design Hotel participating in SPG). No nearby MRT. You'd have to go for Clarke Quay station. But, there are at least 3 or 4 bus lines that stop right in front of the hotel. And these lines are are super convenient, they will take you directly to Great World City, Harbour Front, Chinatown to the West, Orchard Road to the North, City Hall, Bugis, Kallang, Geylang to the East. So if navigating the bus system doesn't scare you, it's pretty convenient.
have never taken the bus in Singapore, looks like lots of choices below per property's website

51 To Chinatown, Clarke Quay MRT Station, Funan Digital Mall and Bugis
64 To Plaza Singapura shopping mall, Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station, Little India and Mustafa Centre
123 To 313@somerset, Somerset MRT Station, ION Orchard, Orchard Boulevard (next to Orchard Road), Orchard MRT Station and Singapore Botanic Gardens
186 To Chinatown, Raffles Place MRT Station and Shenton Way
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:56 pm

Four Points by Sheraton Riverview, Singapore - January 2017

Background / Check-in:

I stayed here for a few nights. Despite arriving late at night, I was given no room upgrade despite Platinum status.

Room:

Pool / gym:

Breakfast:

There is an egg station where you can order a la carte eggs - below is eggs benedict.

Note that coffee / tea is self service.

Conclusion:

Despite the rude non-upgrade, at the right price this hotel does represent decent value for Singapore.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:41 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Spent a few nights here recently, and overall was pretty impressed (given that its just a 4P).

At check-in, was told that they have very few suites, and that they had upgraded me to the next best thing, a premium deluxe city view (or whatever the name). Its one of those rooms described upthread, with a door that opens straight into the room. A little strange. The city view is pretty terrible, so I asked to move to a river view the next day much better, and Im not sure why I wasnt given one of these right away. IMO, the xx24-xx30 rooms have the best views, with xx24 rooms being the preferred one (if you sit on the window bench and look right, you can see Marina Bay Sands in the distance).

Breakfast was ok, a buffet with a live egg station. Not quite as fancy as some of the other Singapore hotels (I really like the IC breakfast here), but better than most club lounges, and impressive for a 4P. One thing Im not a fan of is that the staff check off your room number when entering and then leave you to find your own table twice, my table was taken over by someone who thought it was available. I took to bringing a water bottle from the room to mark my table.

Theres now a Plat happy hour (not previously reported, I think). 6-8pm, beer/wine/soft drinks (but no cocktails), some hot nibbles and a small desert. The food was actually very tasty (satays, dim sum, etc), and sitting by the river at night is quite pleasant. Id probably pick this over the awful lounge at the Sheraton.

The hotel seems to be popular with Plats, so I wouldnt go in expecting a suite. (IME, lots of Singapore hotels are stingy with free upgrades, so its good to hear that this place does seem willing to upgrade to suites when theres availability). The location is not my favorite, although its close to upscale dining, has some good bus lines, and its an easy walk to Orchard and the quays. Overall, if the rate is right, the 4P is not a bad choice.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I do actually prefer this hotel ( service-wise) to the Sheraton. The only reason I do not stay here more often is the
long walk to a subway station - not pleasant during a downpour..
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
jpdx

Thanks for reporting about the Plat happy hour. Corporate and best available rates at this hotel are approximately substantially lower than other SPG/Marriott hotels, but after reviewing some of the features that I like - great breakfast and a happy hour, I will choose this hotel. I was going to reserve at the new Courtyard Novena, until I learned that during their happy hour, Plat members only receive 2 alcoholic chits, so I have changed my reservation to stay at the 4P instead.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I've booked a stay here in November and I was interested to read the reviews, although most are from 2016. I'm also a Plat but apart from a comfortable bed I won't be too worried if I don't get an upgraded room as it's a short stay and an early checkout. Breakfast will be at the airport. It's a pity it's such a hike to any of the nearer MRT stations but I guess I'll have to see how the weather turns out before I decide to walk around

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.