Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lido Chengdu, China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lido Chengdu, China [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Resurrecting this thread. Reading reviews of the hotel at various sites online, they do complain about the rooms being outdated, however I noticed 1-2 reviews from 2023 where they say some rooms have been renovated, and those are great. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, which rooms types these are?

I'm going to Chengdu in October and this hotel seems great location-wise for being near the subway. If I can get a renovated room, I'll book there.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 7:12 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Just finished up a week stay here. My room was definitely renovated and it's perfectly fine, no complaints.

Note the rooms have the 2-prong (like in Japan) then the angled prong (Australia) sockets, but not support for 3-prong common in US so bring an adapter. It took them a while to find one for me, in the form of a power strip. In my past experience, hotels in China often have the universal socket that accepts UK, Europe, and US including 3-prong, but not here.

It's half a block from Luomashi subway, Exit D. This exit does not have an escalator or elevator, so keep that in mind if you're with luggage.

Behind the hotel is Club DNA, which is a big nightclub popular with the local younger crowd. No noise issues.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 3:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Definitely ask and make sure it's a renovated room or you'll be very sorry. Also, if you're upgraded to suite chances are high the room is not renovated (but you get a bigger room), but the window is extremely small like a submarine.

Locationwise it's surprisingly not good as the neighborhood has died off. The huge mall next to the hotel is a dead mall. If money is not an issue, I would suggest St. Regis. Otherwise, yeah, stay here and get depressed. (By the way, extremely hard to get a taxi in this area and the hotel won't help you, hope you have Didi APP ready.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.