Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel - Paris France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel - Paris France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Just finishing up my stay at the Renaissance Paris Republique hotel and was amazed by the attentiveness of the concierge staff here. They were spot on with everything from extra pillows to surprising my wife with a lovely rose petal covered room on our 2nd night there. The only issue ( that for me isn’t a big one )is that the shower head when using the rainfall shower does easily run over onto the bathroom floor and the sink can do the same when the water pressure is too high but wasn’t a big issue. Loved the location of this hotel as you do get a true feel for a non touristy Paris neighborhood but your close enough via subway, by foot, or by bike to the sites. We found it cheaper to get a Navigo pass that is good for 10 years and cost you $22.80 euro a week with a one time $5 Euro activation fee the first time. This includes zone 1-5! Wednesday thru Saturday they have a live mixologist show were all guests get the cocktail that the mixologist is making for demonstration; this happens at 7pm. Service for breakfast can be a little slow but if you already manage your expectations it shouldn’t be an issue as the bread can keep you occupied 😆. Overall a top notch stay and this is by far my best Renaissance experience, and to think this property doesn’t even have a lounge. Service was so good it made me forget about it altogether.
I knew you wouldn't be disappointed. I'm glad the concierge (Fabien?) was helpful. Did you tip for the rose pedals? What category room did you have? I ask because I've only seen rooms with a bathtub and shower combination. And yes, the bathrooms have a couple of design flaws. The water splashes off the sink basins and all over the countertop and surrounding area because the basin isn't deep enough and the water pressure is too strong.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I knew you wouldn't be disappointed. I'm glad the concierge (Fabien?) was helpful. Did you tip for the rose pedals? What category room did you have? I ask because I've only seen rooms with a bathtub and shower combination. And yes, the bathrooms have a couple of design flaws. The water splashes off the sink basins and all over the countertop and surrounding area because the basin isn't deep enough and the water pressure is too strong.
I actually set up a medium flower arrangement and just told them the day I needed them in the room I believe it was $40 Euros. I was originally in the Paris Style room but was upgraded to the Urban Larger Room which was plenty of space ( by Parisian standards ) for the both of us.
hockeyinsider likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:26 am

noise?

There are a few recent reviews on TA that mentions noise from atrium (party?) and outside traffic. Is top floor artist studio the way to go for us light sleepers? Have a reservation here for a weekend at th end of october.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Ask for a room at the back looking towards the Sacré Coeur. If you are on the 8th or 9th floor, you can also just about see it.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by heakja
There are a few recent reviews on TA that mentions noise from atrium (party?) and outside traffic. Is top floor artist studio the way to go for us light sleepers? Have a reservation here for a weekend at th end of october.
Agree with Nobbyclark We were in 707 facing the Sacre Coeur and noise wasn’t an issue except for the Gay Pride Parade which ended literally in front of the hotel but it was over in the early evening but besides that we didn’t hear a peep.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
Just spent 8 nights here. I loved this hotel. I had a "Bobo" room which was huge for Paris.Hotel was modern and spotless. Super friendly staff. The location was fantastic. We walked to every tourist site. The furthest was the Tour 'd Eiffel (just under an hour) Breakfast was ok but who wants to eat at the hotel with the hundreds of amazing pastry shops in the City.
Le Pachyderme bistro/bar next door serves food till midnight and has good steak frtites
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by canalskater
Breakfast was ok but who wants to eat at the hotel with the hundreds of amazing pastry shops in the City.
I agree that it is kind of limited, though the breakfast offering is good and of high quality. Just not a lot of variety for a week's stay. I do like having a menu as opposed to a buffet, but could understand how some people would want a buffet or lighter, grab-and-go yogurt and oatmeal options.

Originally Posted by canalskater
Le Pachyderme bistro/bar next door serves food till midnight and has good steak frtites
This place is pretty bad. It's just not me saying it (I ate there once), but the TripAdvisor reviews are horrible. It's at the street level of an old, independent hotel, which if renovated could make an exception branded hotel.

République of Coffee is a hipster-style coffeehouse about halfway between Le Pachyderme and the Renaissance with decent, but not very French-style, breakfast and lunch. About 7 minutes away by foot is Caffé Soprano, which is in a neighborhood with maybe a half-dozen other good restaurants and cafes. I had a very good pizza there.

About 7 minutes away by vote, away from the main streets, there are maybe a half-dozen restaurants and cafes. I had pizza.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Oct 17, 2018 at 6:09 am
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:12 am
Suspended

I completed a stay here.

Excellent hotel, as always. I still recommend it for anyone visiting Paris.

New general manager just started last week. She came from IHG. She wants to improve the hotel and ensure consistency of services while also improving benefits and privileges to Marriott elite status guests, especially those with platinum premier and ambassador statuses. Apparently, they're considering an executive lounge. I suggested they would be better off just giving a daily drink voucher or complimentary mini-bar because a lot of elites would be disappointed to lose breakfast in the restaurant.

No suite upgrade even though Marriott.com said suites were available. She apologized. She actually started a day or two after I checked into the property so she apologized for her predecessor not upgrading or recognizing my ambassador status.

Everything is still in pretty new condition. Fabien at the concierge desk is awesome with making off-property reservations and getting tickets to events in Paris. Good food and drinks. In fact, the drink and wine menu is better than Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection. I also took advantage of the complimentary bicycles.

Pre-arrival email was sent. All my requests were fulfilled. Nightly turndown service, including a little gift that changes. Sometimes it's chocolate, other times a baked good and other times something else.

If anyone wants the new general manager's email send me a private message. She wants to move the property upwards, which is impressive considering it's already better many other Renaissance, Marriott, Westin or Sheraton properties -- especially those without a lounge.

I did learn this property is not managed by Marriott. It's owned and operated by someone who owns hotels across Europe, which might explain why it's generally better than the average Renaissance.

To be honest, I thought the hotel was much better than the Intercontinental Le Grand and on par with the Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection. The only difference is the Prince de Galles has higher quality furnishings and room decor. The staff, especially in the bar and restaurant, are also a little more polished around the edges.
Taft, MasterGeek, ysolde and 1 others like this.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Dec 28, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Have a question for anyone who can anwer, I am staying here this coming July and have a question about breakfast. I am Gold Elite. Is free breakfast a benefit at this hotel for a Gold. If not, does anyone have an idea what it cost per day and is it good and worth it. Will be traveling with wife and 8 year-old.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by eknock007
Have a question for anyone who can anwer, I am staying here this coming July and have a question about breakfast. I am Gold Elite. Is free breakfast a benefit at this hotel for a Gold. If not, does anyone have an idea what it cost per day and is it good and worth it. Will be traveling with wife and 8 year-old.
Gold does not get breakfast. Find a nice cafe off-site to have breakfast. It will be cheaper.

Cheers.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Gold does not get breakfast. Find a nice cafe off-site to have breakfast. It will be cheaper.
République of Coffee is maybe a half block from the hotel, at the most. It's a hipster style coffeehouse-cum-cafe that is very busy all day long.

Otherwise, you can get a croissant and a cup of coffee for between 3 and 7 euros at just about any cafe in Paris. At many cafes it's perfectly acceptable to sit and linger for an hour or more.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I wouldn't pay for breakfast at this hotel. I got it free, but I seem to remember that it would have been 20-25 EUR for what I had each morning (tea, juice, breads, eggs). As others have said, you are in Paris and will not struggle to find a cafe. There are several if you come out of the hotel and turn right and stick to the side road you are on.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nobbyclark
I wouldn't pay for breakfast at this hotel. I got it free, but I seem to remember that it would have been 20-25 EUR for what I had each morning (tea, juice, breads, eggs).
Eggs any way you want them plus sides. You can also order à la carte off the menu. For example, one morning I just wanted granola and yogurt. The breakfast selections are fairly decent and high quality, especially since there is no buffet.

But, yes, I wouldn't pay for it if I didn't have elite status.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Thanks all for your comments. Yeah that's what i figured breakfast was not part of being Gold. Just wanted to have an idea. Don't mind going out to a local cafe, just hope that I don't run into a language barrier situation when ordering because none us know French. Wife knows Spanish and my kid is beginning to learn German.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by eknock007
Thanks all for your comments. Yeah that's what i figured breakfast was not part of being Gold. Just wanted to have an idea. Don't mind going out to a local cafe, just hope that I don't run into a language barrier situation when ordering because none us know French. Wife knows Spanish and my kid is beginning to learn German.
Shouldn’t be an issue. At very worse you can just point to what you want. Learning some basic food words in French will also go a long way. Download Duolingo on your smartphone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.