Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel - Paris France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

A hat tip to ExArkie in the new hotels/disposables sticky for the heads up on this.

"Evidently, a new Renaissance in Paris is opening soon, the Renaissance Paris Republique in the Marais (according to them - I didn't check the boundaries, but it is in the tenth arrondissment). It is listed as a Category 8 and reservations can be made for dates on or after April 1, 2016. Web site makes no mention of a CL and, in fact, mostly implies that there isn't one."

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ublique-hotel/

"Discover Paris like an authentic Parisian !Let Renaissance Paris Republique introduce you to Canal Saint Martin and Le Marais inspiring insiders ! We will take you to the district’s historical places and tell you its iconic stories that define the Parisian lifestyle and make the City of Lights come true. Start this amazing experience from the hotel that used to be the cradle of art all over the Northeast Parisian culture. Walk across the Canal Saint Martin and discover the local innovative fashion designers. Take a moment to chill out in Le Marais district, the vibrant Parisian Bobo area, and enjoy your favorite French pastries. End your journey with a great night dancing in Saint-Denis Street eclectic bars and exploring Les Grands Boulevards theatres. At Renaissance Paris Republique, you will dive into the authentic, unexpected and whimsical Paris."

A historic Parisian monument from 70’s designed by Jean Jacques Fernier
An invitation to discover an artistic world through a wooden and green design
Ideally located in Northeast Paris, between Canal Saint Martin and Le Marais districts

Guest Rooms
Designed as an artist’s studio, all rooms are large, comfortable and lighty.
All rooms are designed by Didier Gomez and are an invitation to live like an authentic Parisian.
Each room is a mix between ethnic influences and eclectic designer furniture."
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Marriott.com calls it a "historic Parisian monument from 70’s designed by Jean Jacques Fernier." I guess it's come to the point where the 1970s are historic. That makes me feel old.

I looked at 40 Rue Rene Boulanger, Paris 75010 France with Street View in Google Maps. Street View now has a feature that lets you look at older captures of the same location. Based on that, it appears the building has been abandoned (or at least in bad shape) since at least 2008. The ground floor was partially boarded up and covered with graffiti. The most recent Street View (2015) shows work underway.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Photos on the website look kind of cool. Renaissance Paris Republique.

But the location looks more St. Denis than Republique or Canal St. Martin to me . . . .
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
A more interesting location than most...
Old May 2, 2016, 8:44 am

Looking at staying here in July, any other comments?
Old May 2, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kitebrder33
Looking at staying here in July, any other comments?
Please do a trip report in this thread after your stay so others know what to expect. Thx!

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Property officially open; Marriott press release today.

No mention of an exec lounge; hopefully someone can report back on the breakfast situation after their stay there.

http://news.marriott.com/2016/05/ren...aunch-of-.html

Not cheap. Room rates start from €320 per night.

Cheers.
Old May 15, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Elite
Has anyone stayed here? Or have recommendations for a family trip to Paris? I have Platinum Elite. Thank you.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:24 am
Original Poster

If someone stays here, can they report back on the breakfast situation since there is no exec lounge? I'll update the exec lounge sticky when we get reports. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LTT
Stayed here on June 7. Breakfast for gold/plat is done via a voucher to their ground floor restaurant, which is a la carte. For the voucher, you get the classic breakfast which has a selection of meat, pastries, and eggs with coffee and juice. As is the case with most Marriott property restaurants, I definitely wouldn't pay the (high) price for the breakfast here, but the free breakfast is solid and on par with other properties in Europe.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If someone stays here, can they report back on the breakfast situation since there is no exec lounge? I'll update the exec lounge sticky when we get reports. Thx!

Cheers.
I stayed here with my family of 4 for a week as part of our European vacation. This was late May 2016. They gave us breakfast vouchers for the entire stay. Wonderful breakfast - beyond the previously mentioned items, a few items of interest - they will prepare custom omelettes as part of the voucher and also fresh fruit juice. Kids loved the fresh cherry juice. Breads and cheese platters were excellent. Overall, a wonderful stay with attentive and thoughtful front office staff including concierge folks. We plan to return here next time.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott
I'm considering staying at this hotel later in the fall. How is the bathroom/shower? Some pictures I've seen online appear to only have a tub - I assume there is also a separate shower?? Does the shower have a handheld shower head?

Since there is no lounge, can you get extra free bottles of water from the desk? I don't love the idea of refilling a bottle in the bathroom sink.

thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott
If it matters - I have Platinum status and will be staying on points.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by nastoffra
I'm considering staying at this hotel later in the fall. How is the bathroom/shower? Some pictures I've seen online appear to only have a tub - I assume there is also a separate shower?? Does the shower have a handheld shower head?

Since there is no lounge, can you get extra free bottles of water from the desk? I don't love the idea of refilling a bottle in the bathroom sink.

thanks!
There is a shower - fairly roomy shower. There is a handheld shower head.

We never noticed bottles of water - just went around the corner to the grocery store to buy a jug of water to refill our water bottles.

I am platinum elite - not sure status matters.

Enjoy the stay.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
I will be staying here in a few weeks - will update the forum on the experience when I return - I've stayed at every Marriott property in Paris and my personal favorite is the trocadero location - but this one looks exciting....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.