Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Brauneck Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Brauneck Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
still seems to be there for the time being..
Old Oct 31, 2008, 5:27 pm
lex

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hhonors Diamond
currently typing this from the sheraton brauneck. on 2nd floor "executive" floor. Only certain floors have internet (wired) (for free). Great value at 3,000/ night for fri/sat night. stayed here a total of 4 days. gotta visit the spa. reminds me of the jabba the hut bar in star wars. like your in a cavern.. free steam room, sauna (hot), and infared sauna, and "hot tub". no swimming pool. im staying here in the "off season". this is a big skiing area, and popular in summer. drove to saltzburg, austria today, took a little over 1 hr. nice place. its older, but my room seems to be well maintained. mini bar fridge, that I pulled items out of to use as a fridge. they had a plug adapter i could borrow at the front desk, but remember to bring your own! about 45 minutes from munich. (out in the middle of nature - not a big city). supermarket is across the street where you can eat, affordably. also a "green market" or health food store in town, as well as other "supermarkets".

This hotel is in Lenggries, which is near bad tolz.

ps. online it said "call to redeem points" for stay, I did and there was availability, no problem. I counted the keys on the rack in the lobby and hotel had about 30% occupancy two nights ago. Front desk person really took care of me (had incorrect res), and he took care of everything.

breakfast is 6:30-10:30 am and 16 euros per person, and is not worth it. at checking we asked if breakfast was ""included" and he anwered as if it was, then at the end, we were charged for breakfast.. so watch out.. go across the street to the supermarket, and remember to buy on sat for sundays food, as grocery stores are closed on sun in germany.

also be sure to bring your own GPS to germany if you are driving. makes like much easier.

Last edited by lex; Nov 3, 2008 at 6:55 pm Reason: add city incase someone is searching.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:41 am

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Was this weekend there for one night.

New Manager, new chief in the kitchen since my last stay, better kitchen!

Upgrade policy: one Cat. higher, no suite upgrade, like all the time.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: plenty
Surprisingly good

Stayed at the FP Brauneck in Lenggries last weekend (nights count double promo/needed to secure plat status). Got upgraded from standard suite - cheaper than a normal room at most SPG participating hotels - to (their only, I think) 2BR suite. REALLY nice, 5* standard, huge terrace, 3 big plasma TVs. Restaurant is nice too - except breakfast buffet is nothing special. Employees are very friendly and helpful. Will certainly go back there - it's a much better value than the hotels in our Swiss mountains...
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Leaving starwood December 8th...

http://www.fourpointsbrauneck.com/en
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
So sad --- I was really hoping to stay here again, but seriously cannot make it in the next 2 weeks!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb

What is it that all these german hotels are leaving Starwood?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Breston
What is it that all these german hotels are leaving Starwood?
The building in dresden for example was sold by the arabella group. At the moment there is a cleaning going on in the portfolio and nobody knows when there will be an end...

The 4Points Dsseldorf and Kln are no more franchise partners.

The " merger / Joint-Venture " between Schrghuber aka arabella hospitality group and starwood has ended and the wind of change follows...

It is not only the german part, also switzerland ( Seehof Davos ), south africa and mallorca is involved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.