Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: writerguyfl
Hotel website:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcode-delta-orlando-lake-buena-vista/

Category 5. No exec lounge. Golds/Plats get continental breakfast.

* Free shuttle to Epcot at Walt Disney World
* Free high-speed internet
* Parking: $15/day for self; $20/day for valet
Print Wikipost

Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Horace
It did not have a Club Lounge when it was the 241-room Orlando Vista Hotel.

It did not have a Club Lounge when it was being renovated to become the 241-room Crowne Plaza Orlando Lake Buena Vista (which never opened, as far as I know).

A Concierge Lounge / Club Lounge is very unlikely when it opens as the 241-room Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista Hotel.

Currently, Marriott's published free breakfast/lounge benefit for Gold/Platinum only applies to four of Marriott's many brands: JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, and Marriott. And, even then, there are exclusions (such as resorts): https://www.marriott.com/hotel-promo...d-breakfast.mi

I hope that Delta Hotels will be added to the list, but that hasn't happened yet.
Delta hotels in Canada either have exec lounges or they honor the brekkie bennie. I called every single one of them in Canada when I updated the exec lounge sticky.

Whether they choose to do that in the US is open for debate. My guess is they will because it's too difficult to switch bennies by country. However, since this property is classified as a resort it will be exempt.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by sig05
Interesting. Wonder if it will offer Extra Magic Hours.
IMHO, as others have stated, zero chance of that .... the Hilton (Lake Buena Vista, across the street from downtown Disney) was the only non-Disney hotel not on Disney property to have this amenity and they are dropping it (effective Jan 1, 2016). The Dolphin and the Swan are the other non-Disney hotels which have it but they are on Disney property.

Also, it looks like WDW might do away with this altogether even for Disney owned hotels.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
IMHO, as others have stated, zero chance of that .... the Hilton (Lake Buena Vista, across the street from downtown Disney) was the only non-Disney hotel not on Disney property to have this amenity and they are dropping it (effective Jan 1, 2016). The Dolphin and the Swan are the other non-Disney hotels which have it but they are on Disney property.

Also, it looks like WDW might do away with this altogether even for Disney owned hotels.
Actually, the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is also on Walt Disney World property. The seven hotels of Hotel Plaza Boulevard are all on land that Walt Disney's team quietly acquired in the 1960s.

The Hilton is currently the only one of these hotels that is part of the Extra Magic Hours program -- and only for stays through December 31 of this year.

In 2016, the only non-Disney hotels with Extra Magic Hours will be the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin (Starwood-affiliated convention hotel complex) and the Shades of Green (Armed Forces Recreation Center).

Downtown Disney is now called Disney Springs.

The Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista Hotel is not on Disney property, although it's quite close to the Disney entrance that's at Apopa-Vineland Road (SR-535) and Hotel Plaza Boulevard.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista

I'm a bit surprised they haven't put it up on the Marriott website yet. An opening next month with practically no time to secure reservations surely ain't the best way to open the property. Maybe it won't open in time?
Also, as someone else noted, calling this hotel a resort seems a stretch....
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
as a florida resident/frequent disney visitor/annual pass holder I'm super excited to see a new marriott opening up (along with 2 other marriott properties(a springhill and towneplace suites i think) opening in flamingo crossing near the wide world of sports(which are on the marriott site for booking)

Super bummed to see the word "resort" used to describe this property though, as marriott has NO full service properties in the disney area that offer elite benefits (non resort properties).

Closest one would be the castle hotel orlando, followed by the bohemian hotel celebration, and the grand bohemian (all kessler autograph collection properties coincidentally) but they aren't really in great theme park locations.

Last edited by jsucool76; Nov 9, 2015 at 6:29 pm Reason: Flamingo crossing hotel is a TPS not a FFI
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by jsucool76
as a florida resident/frequent disney visitor/annual pass holder I'm super excited to see a new marriott opening up (along with 2 other marriott properties(a springhill and towneplace suites i think) opening in flamingo crossing near the wide world of sports(which are on the marriott site for booking)

Super bummed to see the word "resort" used to describe this property though, as marriott has NO full service properties in the disney area that offer elite benefits (non resort properties).

Closest one would be the castle hotel orlando, followed by the bohemian hotel celebration, and the grand bohemian (all kessler autograph collection properties coincidentally) but they aren't really in great theme park locations.
As a fellow frequent Disney adventurer, the Hilton across from Disney Springs was one of the best bets in terms of value. I stay at Marriott more often than not, but I think it has horrible value in Orlando. The best properties (JW and Ritz) are much more expensive than the Waldorf. Personally, I think Marriott is way out of the game in Orlando for theme parks, especially when it comes to Universal.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:41 pm

The FFI Universal could be had for $52.60 a night back in end of september early october with the BWG promo code, but the property is so old and janky.

I normally stay at the Springhill Suites Kissemmee, or the Fairfield inn and suites lake buena vista (not marriott village, the yellow one that is essentially part of a strip mall). I don't go to orlando for pools and water slides and crap. I live in florida, and I'm 22, I go to drink around the world at epcot, and eat at the expensive disney hotel restaurants. lol.

I find hilton to be way ahead of marriott in this area, like you said. A few more upscale choices (like the embassy suites LBV south) that are fairly reasonably priced, and are actually nice.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:04 pm

The FFI Universal could be had for $52.60 a night back in end of september early october with the BWG promo code, but the property is so old and janky.

I normally stay at the Springhill Suites Kissemmee, or the Fairfield inn and suites lake buena vista (not marriott village, the yellow one that is essentially part of a strip mall). I don't go to orlando for pools and water slides and crap. I live in florida, and I'm 22, I go to drink around the world at epcot, and eat at the expensive disney hotel restaurants. lol.

I find hilton to be way ahead of marriott in this area, like you said. A few more upscale choices (like the embassy suites LBV south) that are fairly reasonably priced, and are actually nice.
I live in FL as well - in Jax. Depends on what you want. Maybe this Delta hotel will bring something that seems to be severely lacking in Orlando for Marriott. In my opinion, many of the hotels are pretty beat up compared to Hilton, unless you stay at the JW or Ritz. However, even those properties are 25-30 minutes away from the ticket and transportation center at Disney.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:00 pm

I live in FL as well - in Jax. Depends on what you want. Maybe this Delta hotel will bring something that seems to be severely lacking in Orlando for Marriott. In my opinion, many of the hotels are pretty beat up compared to Hilton, unless you stay at the JW or Ritz. However, even those properties are 25-30 minutes away from the ticket and transportation center at Disney.

I really hope it does. The world center, JW, and ritz kill me, because I'd love to stay at them, but as a florida resident we drive to disney. To pay for parking, and a resort fee, as well as a premium for hotels that offer no elite benefits bothers me.

The JW will waive parking fees for elites, but afaik neither the ritz nor world center marriott will.

If I can stay at a more modest hotel (like a SHS or FFI) and get free breakfast, and get free parking, and a free shuttle to the ticket and transportation center, AND pay less I'm happy. If you want pools and such, you can use all the money you saved and go to one of disney's water parks, which is probably a lot more entertaining than the pools at the resorts.

I've seen the prices for the Ritz grande lakes trump the prices for the ritz central park, and the location isn't that great. lol.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:18 pm

I really hope it does. The world center, JW, and ritz kill me, because I'd love to stay at them, but as a florida resident we drive to disney. To pay for parking, and a resort fee, as well as a premium for hotels that offer no elite benefits bothers me.

The JW will waive parking fees for elites, but afaik neither the ritz nor world center marriott will.

If I can stay at a more modest hotel (like a SHS or FFI) and get free breakfast, and get free parking, and a free shuttle to the ticket and transportation center, AND pay less I'm happy. If you want pools and such, you can use all the money you saved and go to one of disney's water parks, which is probably a lot more entertaining than the pools at the resorts.

I've seen the prices for the Ritz grande lakes trump the prices for the ritz central park, and the location isn't that great. lol.
Key to JW and RC Grande Lakes is a AAA rate. At times you can get a $200 discount on the standard rate. Obviously depends on your price point tolerance.
Ritz Grande Lakes will not waive parking, had resort fee waived once in 10 stays.

Honestly, the best, and this way off topic, is to rack up 10 stays at the Loews properties at Universal. Instant, no cost suite upgrade (variable, depending on property) and $100 food/beverage credit per stay.

Last edited by sig05; Nov 10, 2015 at 12:04 am
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:30 am

Key to JW and RC Grande Lakes is a AAA rate. At times you can get a $200 discount on the standard rate. Obviously depends on your price point tolerance.
Ritz Grande Lakes will not waive parking, had resort fee waived once in 10 stays.

Honestly, the best, and this way off topic, is to rack up 10 stays at the Loews properties at Universal. Instant, no cost suite upgrade (variable, depending on property) and $100 food/beverage credit per stay.

My problem with the AAA rate is if I'm going to shell out for a ritz, I'm gonna wanna be on club level, be it either from my ritz card upgrades, or a cheapo club level rate, or at least get some bennies from FHR or the citi prestige ritz bennies.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:33 am
Suspended

Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista

I live in Tampa and I usually always stay at the MCO Marriott. You get to Disney or Universal in 20 minutes and always no traffic. Yes u have to pay tolls but welcome to Orlando.... MCO has almost always upgraded me to parlor/executive suites.... Great pool and has CL.... They r nice and waive the parking fee.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:28 pm

Definitely an option @Sanfran but we like to stay a bit closer, since we'll sometimes uber/mears it to the park due to drinking around the world.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Muerz
I'm a bit surprised they haven't put it up on the Marriott website yet. An opening next month with practically no time to secure reservations surely ain't the best way to open the property. Maybe it won't open in time?
Also, as someone else noted, calling this hotel a resort seems a stretch....
It's now the morning of November 12 (in the United States), and the Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista is still missing from Marriott.com.

It's also missing from the official Delta Hotels and Resorts website, https://www.deltahotels.com/

The hotel has its own website, but it does not show rates or offer a way to make reservations: http://deltaorlando.com/

Also, the hotel has its own Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DeltaOrlando/

Although the press release called the Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista a resort, it remains to be seen if that's actually how it's identified when it makes into Marriott.com. If this hotel qualifies as a resort, then any minimal full-service hotel with a swimming pool and a single all-day restaurant could be called a resort. It would make the term resort meaningless at Marriott.

The hotel's own website calls it a "destination hotel," not a resort.

I've stayed at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection. I thought it was a great location for Walt Disney World. It's a pretty quick drive. Instead of being in one of the many boring, joyless hotel rows, it's in the walkable "new town" of Celebration, with good restaurants in walking distance. The one-of-a-kind hotel is themed to an earlier time. I enjoyed it; my wife thought the decor was just odd.

I have not stayed at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, but I've driven by it many times. It has a fine location for guests who want to go to Universal Orlando and Walt Disney World (also good for Sea World). It's in one of the best parts of the International Drive / Universal Blvd corridor, near the new Orlando Eye and many older and newer restaurants.

I agree that Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection in downtown Orlando is too far away.

Personally, I also can't imagine using a hotel at Orlando international Airport as a base for theme park visits. The airport is too far away.

The only way I'll consider staying at Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista Hotel is if it provides a great breakfast to Gold/Plat members AND offers very low rates. There are too many other choices in the Orlando / Lake Buena Vista area.

Last edited by Horace; Nov 12, 2015 at 9:52 am
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:43 am

I reached out to both to the individual hotel (via the contact us page on their site) and marriott int'l and delta ltd. on twitter. The hotel never got back to me. Marriott Int'l said all they know is that it is supposed to open in dec 2015. Heard nothing from Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.