Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:03 am

The 16:00 late checkout is upon request and subject to availability?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:41 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by geminidreams

The only issue really is the Westin lounge is rather small and can be very crowded.
Still the case?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Pretty sure most hotels try to get away with that wording but for Plat and above is it guaranteed unless it is a resort or convention center. Westin is neither.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet

Still the case?
Admittedly I havent been there for a couple of years, has it been expanded?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Uh read about 5 posts above... Lounge expanded
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:07 am

Well there you go, I dont read pictures!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Only at resort and convention properties. Otherwise it is guaranteed. Don't let a property tell you otherwise.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:01 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by shevboyz
Another benefit getting bonvoyed.
Now need to sacrifice 1000pt for the restaurant breakfast.
Expecting more property to follow.

In reality, those 1000 points are really 333 Starpoints. Don’t get distracted by the ‘new math’.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I had not stayed at the Westin for quite some time - I think that the last time was just before the previous Hotel Manager moved to the Aloft.

The lounge is a little larger with the addition of a room, but it is still an awkward lounge. The food selection on the evening was good. The cheese plate is still - by far - the best selection in town, for lounges at the Marriott chain of hotels. The sparkling wine, on my opinion, is much better than the Prosecco that you can find in most hotels. But the dessert and chocolate selection was much weaker than what it was.

The strongest improvement is the staff of this lounge. It seems that there more attendants and most of them are good looking with a refreshing attitude. This trend is not what I observed at other properties in Bangkok.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by UASPG
The lounge is a little larger with the addition of a room, but it is still an awkward lounge. The food selection on the evening was good. The cheese plate is still - by far - the best selection in town, for lounges at the Marriott chain of hotels. The sparkling wine, on my opinion, is much better than the Prosecco that you can find in most hotels. But the dessert and chocolate selection was much weaker than what it was.
In addition to that, I found the sushi selection in the evening of surprisingly good quality (recent stay this month).
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
The sparkling wine, on my opinion, is much better than the Prosecco that you can find in most hotels.
Do you remember what it was? Marriott hotels in Bangkok seem to use a Prosecco called Nua or Nusa or something like that.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Do you remember what it was? Marriott hotels in Bangkok seem to use a Prosecco called Nua or Nusa or something like that.
I don't think that it was "Nusa Dua" - and it was definitely not a Prosecco. I believe that it was a French sparkling wine, a "mousseux", as they call it.
I'll try to remember to check it out when I'm there next month. Not sure they will still have the same wine though.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Pitero
In addition to that, I found the sushi selection in the evening of surprisingly good quality (recent stay this month).
Probably prepared by a Sushi Chef at their Kisso restaurant.

https://www.kissojapaneserestaurant.com/
Pitero and Kacee like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I don't think that it was "Nusa Dua" - and it was definitely not a Prosecco.
This is what I was talking about. https://www.vivino.com/nua-prosecco/w/1154809
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
This is what I was talking about. https://www.vivino.com/nua-prosecco/w/1154809
Nice (a la Dom Perignon) Prosecco bottle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.