Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT 15 Jan 2022] Trump Turnberry, Luxury Collection, Scotland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Rooms in the main hotel are reportedly better than the Villas.

Suite Night Awards (SNAs) may be applied for upgrades.

Breakfast benefit (if requested) by Plats++ is a continental breakfast.
Print Wikipost

[LEFT 15 Jan 2022] Trump Turnberry, Luxury Collection, Scotland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Ikaz
I was told that the welcome gift was breakfast or a gift of 1000 points as titanium, no option of a different amenity.

I stayed for 1 night using my 75 night FNA recently, successfully applied a SNA and received an upgrade to one of the ocean view suites.

The hotel was running at 50% capacity, but the top rooms were really busy (suites including the lighthouse were sold out at various points during the week of my stay).
I was told usually the amenity is whisky tasting but it is not currently offered. My SNA upgrade to Ocean Suite for an upcoming stay has cleared! Now, since I'm booked as 2x1 night stays, I'm wondering whether to apply another SNA to second night, or hope to able to keep the same room both nights. Who really books a suite for a Tues night.. I reckon odds are in my favour.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by s1362083
I was told usually the amenity is whisky tasting but it is not currently offered. My SNA upgrade to Ocean Suite for an upcoming stay has cleared! Now, since I'm booked as 2x1 night stays, I'm wondering whether to apply another SNA to second night, or hope to able to keep the same room both nights. Who really books a suite for a Tues night.. I reckon odds are in my favour.
I would apply an SNA to the second night. Most of my five night stay was mid week and all the suites and junior suites were booked! It is the summer holidays, after all.
s1362083 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I agree, a friend had a 1-night mid week stay last week and was denied his SNA as they were full, it isn't worth the risk if you want to stay in a suite
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
100% would add the SNA to the second night. It is one of the best uses of SNAs in the UK and the hotel is good at making them available for upgrades. Almost certainly will get snapped up.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by RAPC
100% would add the SNA to the second night. It is one of the best uses of SNAs in the UK and the hotel is good at making them available for upgrades. Almost certainly will get snapped up.
I'm not one to go against such equivocal FT advice. Went to apply the SNA on the second night.. and the hotel has already confirmed the upgrade voluntarily
dgreen12 and RAPC like this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:59 am

On a separate note, you can now expect an *£11pp supplement for that Plat or above breakfast amenity, if ordering anything cooked off of the menu! To be fair it’s a very nice breakfast and the supplement is marginal in the scheme of things here.

*they may forget to apply it some mornings
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000
On a separate note, you can now expect an *£11pp supplement for that Plat or above breakfast amenity, if ordering anything cooked off of the menu! To be fair it’s a very nice breakfast and the supplement is marginal in the scheme of things here.

*they may forget to apply it some mornings
This kind of jiggery-pokery with the only one Platinum/Titanium benefit left costs Turnberry stays and they not going to be 100% occupancy except high season (and not even at that).

With upgrades not existing even on SNA, there are no benefits left but a breakfast.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by RIccatti
With upgrades not existing even on SNA, there are no benefits left but a breakfast.
Is that a recent development? I was upgraded from base room to a junior suite on my last 3 night stay.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by RIccatti
This kind of jiggery-pokery with the only one Platinum/Titanium benefit left costs Turnberry stays and they not going to be 100% occupancy except high season (and not even at that).

To be fair I did say this supplement is worth it in this case, and I have often had SNA’s accepted here or been favourably upgraded without! I would go as far as to say there is no jiggery-pokery here and it probably doesn’t cost them stays.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 12:41 am

In case this is not clear, Turnberry charges extra supplement for Platinum Elite breakfast at the main breakfast venue. If you want something more than 'continental breakfast', eg a boiled egg there is a charge and the breakfast is not free anymore. Marriott probably not interested but that does look like a breach in what the property should provide according to its brand category.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
To be fair, the benefit is continental breakfast - and the Langley has the same ‘pay to upgrade’ policy.

In terms of Turnberry, Whilst a post it note was attached to my checkin slip this summer saying ‘CONTINENTAL breakfast’, the distinction wasn’t mentioned to me and I received full breakfasts both mornings.

and SNA to clink suite cleared.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Stayed five nights on points at Turnberry in July. Wasn’t upgraded to a suite or junior suite as they were all booked out - I tried SNAs too - it was full of families with kids. We were told repeatedly that breakfast was continental only for elites and we would have to pay a supplement. I didn’t get it most mornings as I was sleeping in and it wasn’t actually very good. But interestingly I received no charges for breakfast at all on my final bill.

The main reason I won’t be hurrying back to Turnberry is because they have no adults only times for the pool any more and it’s an actual zoo. First time I’ve ever had to complain about pool facilities at a luxury hotel. One family literally let their children wage a small war across the pool with heavy balls and super soakers whilst several other adult guests were trying to relax. A window was nearly smashed at one point. The staff don’t monitor the pool at all or allow adults only hours. The steam room was also broken too. I wasn’t impressed with the Langley either this summer, but at least they restrict the pool for many hours a day to adults only and keep the facilities working. It’s a shame because most of the staff at Turnberry are lovely and it’s a beautiful location with a fairly decent hard product. The food and the spa/pool facilities and policies let them down.
jaejaez and WasKnown like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:30 am

Trump Turnberry is leaving the Marriott group on approx 15th January. I had some information that this was on the cards last week and in hindsight wish I had booked some award rooms for next year in the hope that they would be honoured, as now you can not book via Marriott beyond the 2nd January. As far I know they are not joining any other group operating independently as a ‘Trump’ property, and the term “buying out of their contract” has been used. A shame as this has been operated as an SPG/Marriott since 1997 and was always a great redemption in terms of value.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President’s Circle, National EE
We have an award stay with SNA’s in June 2022, keeping my fingers crossed. Very much looking forward to visiting, looks like a memorable property.
pazza2000 and nequine like this.

Last edited by engel001; Dec 1, 2021 at 10:13 pm Reason: grammer
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by engel001
We have an award stay with SNA’s in June 2022, keeping my fingers crossed. Very much looking forward to visiting, looks like a memorable property.
Do please let us know how this plays out in terms of what is honoured.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.