Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Villa Vedema, Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Villa Vedema, Santorini, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Vadema - Third person in the room Euro 100 per night charge

I have a points stay at Vadema from August 5 to 8th, 2016. The room that I booked can sleep 3. Booked for two since point reservations are for two.

Hotel concierge is asking for Euro 100 more per night for the third person (teenager) in the room? Any experience or strategies on how to get out of having to pay this extra person fee?

Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Vadema - Third person in the room Euro 100 per night charge

No reply to this one.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by sjuhawk_jd
No reply to this one.
Nothing directly for your situation, but we're in the process of booking rooms in various SPG hotels in Europe with points for 2adults+teenager, and they all want extra for the third person (ranging from $50 to $250 per night) or some are forcing a suite booking at double the standard points to accommodate three people.

Needless to say, we're changing some planned destinations based on that extra cost.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Location: PoorThe location of the hotel is terrible. If you are going on a romantic trip do not stay here. it is not cliff side

Status RecognitionI am a platinum member and I had 3 rooms booked for 3 nights on points. There were several suites available. Prior to arrival I told them, you can combine the 3 rooms into a suite and on arrival I pressed them on this and they kept making up strange stories like there is a "tentative reservation" but this was on the second day. Ultimately they did upgrade to a suite but it was just a very hostile situation and I would never go back based on their lack of platinum recognition.

Location Location Location = Terrible

You are better off researching some spots near the Cliff. I am a diehard SPG monkey and I only stay at SPG but even still, I would strongly caution you against staying here. It's too far from everything and there's literally NO VIEW from the property.

Just my two cents.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Agree to disagree...one should know in advance they're not getting a Caldera view (but that's why it's also 10K fewer points/night). I thought it was charming, with amazing food and hospitality.

I did dine at the Mystique one night and while I thought it was nice, I was happy to get away from that part of the island each day.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Vedema in Santorini awarded " most romantic resort in Europe"

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2017...ort-in-europe/

I've never stayed there because of its lack of caldera view.....seems a critical component to the complete Santorini experience.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
YMMV...I loved it, got my caldera view at dinner at the Mystique one night, as well as just walking around. But I liked going back to the quiet of Vedema.

Just a very quaint property...amazing food and great service.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Great people and great service at Vedema! As a platinum, I was upgraded to the "presidential" suite....while on points. But the people are what makes the difference....plus the quiet feeling of the local area!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:21 am

For those of you who are platinum and stayed at this property with a party of more than 3 people, did you get free breakfast for all of you? Or only two people?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:50 am

Those who stayed here, where do you recommend going to get the amazing views of Oia? I am staying here in Aug but also kind of upset that i wont be getting those crazy views
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zagguru
Those who stayed here, where do you recommend going to get the amazing views of Oia? I am staying here in Aug but also kind of upset that i wont be getting those crazy views
I rented a car for a day to drive into Oia, walk around, got no shortage of views. Also dined at Mystique one night to get the experience there (I was never able to book it w/points during my target dates).
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I rented a car for a day to drive into Oia, walk around, got no shortage of views.
Do this on a day when there are few or no giant cruise ships offloading onto the island.
Old May 16, 2021, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does this hotel ever offer SNA? I am getting a popup that they do not participate.
Old May 19, 2021, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI the Vedema contacted us to let us know they remain closed until June 15. They are moving us to Mystique.
Old May 21, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
a nice tradeoff if you secured the Vedema at a lower rate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.