Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Anthony, Luxury Collection, San Antonio [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt

http://www.thestanthonyhotel.com

Any stays yet? Have 9 nights booked and was curious about a review (plat breakfast, renovation, upgrades, etc)?

Great location (next door to the Sheraton).
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Wow! I can't believe no response to this one. It looks like a decent option at $75+5k C&P and with larger rooms (320 SF+ standard). I am going in November so hopefully we'll see some reviews soon.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LTPPE
1 night stay review

Stayed at the newly refurbished hotel last week for 1 night:

The hotel has a lot of history and the recent remodel (almost finished) looks like it was done with care. Staff seemed very well trained and were very attentive; room decor and amenities were good. Workout facility had good range of equipment and is on the same floor as the pool (which was very nicely redone and has a bar).

Had a drink at "The Haunt," a lounge on the 1st floor. The staff was very good and willing to share a lot of information about the hotel and area. Stayed in the hotel for dinner but wish I had not...service was good (was the only person) but food was very mediocre. There will be another restaurant opening in the hotel soon that will be run by a local, and well regarded chef.

Hotel seemed empty, but did not receive an upgrade-didn't matter to me though as I got in later and was out early the next day.

Normally stay at the Westin, but am planning another trip in December and will look to book again.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Saycheese
Stayed at the newly refurbished hotel last week for 1 night:

The hotel has a lot of history and the recent remodel (almost finished) looks like it was done with care. Staff seemed very well trained and were very attentive; room decor and amenities were good. Workout facility had good range of equipment and is on the same floor as the pool (which was very nicely redone and has a bar).

Had a drink at "The Haunt," a lounge on the 1st floor. The staff was very good and willing to share a lot of information about the hotel and area. Stayed in the hotel for dinner but wish I had not...service was good (was the only person) but food was very mediocre. There will be another restaurant opening in the hotel soon that will be run by a local, and well regarded chef.

Hotel seemed empty, but did not receive an upgrade-didn't matter to me though as I got in later and was out early the next day.

Normally stay at the Westin, but am planning another trip in December and will look to book again.
1. Did you ask for an upgrade when it wasn't offered? I assume you're still a Plat and were eligible for benefits.

2. Is this on the river walk?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Stayed here over Labor Day weekend.

The property is not on the River Walk, but really close - 2 or 3 blocks away.

I found the hotel to be stunning. It has renovated amenities, but maintains its old school charm without feeling stuffy. The front desk staff were wonderful - I received an upgrade to a superior suite. Had 1.5 baths with the main bath being huge, dual vanity, etc etc. Had a dining table, desk, and living area. Bedroom was large also.

Platinum amenity breakfast is a buffet, which on the weekends includes hot food, but I didn't find it much to be written home about. Although the area in which the breakfast is served is fantastic.

Pool looks good, as does the fitness center. Rooftop bar should be operational soon. Had a drink at the St Anthony Club bar (bar off the lobby) - highly enjoyed it. Good bartenders. That said, we were the only ones in there. Hotel was largely empty.

This is a great option for San Antonio - I do intend to stay here on future trips.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LTPPE
Yes, am a plat , but didn't ask for the upgrade...had to get on a conference call right after check in so didn't really even worry about it.
If I do stay again, will ask!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm here now. 6 night stay for a show being held in the hotel.

Love my room. Jr. King Suite, which is more than enough for me.

I took the points....then they gave me 3 breakfast vouchers to use during my stay.

More later.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Stayed here a couple weeks ago, and I thought the hotel was awesome. The renovation was very well done and my non-suite room was a good size. Another plus was that the waiter at breakfast let us order whatever entrees we wanted for the platinum breakfast.

It's not on the riverwalk as mentioned previously, but the riverwalk for the most part is a crowded nightmare and being a couple blocks away works better for me. To me, this is by far the nicest property in San Antonio (at least of the ones I've stayed) and I'll happily choose this hotel every time I'm in town. I didn't get a chance to check out the rooftop pool yet, but hopefully I can next time I'm in town.

$42 for valet parking is ridiculous, but it seems like every hotel in San Antonio rips you off for parking so can't complain too much about it.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:27 pm

Nice hotel. but not the nicest Luxury collection hotel. Front desk staff were very nice and helpful. my room was pre upgraded to a very large suite. Welcome note from GM along with some fruit, sweets, and crackers was in the room. valet parking is expensive $39 plus tax and extremely slow. I would consider staying here again if my travel brings me back to the area.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The hotel is seriously rough around the edges. Not in appearance and amenities, but in the service.

Service has been not-that-good at breakfast the last two days and the staff make me remember that the place has not been open that long.

Maybe in a year it will feel like a luxury hotel. Right now, it doesn't.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:52 am

Thanks for the reviews. Keeping my eye on this one.

Cheers,
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC SILVER ,SPG PLATINUM
Question St Anthony's Hotel San Antonio

Hi Folks
Has anybody stayed at this hotel since it has been taken into the Starwood fold and renovated ?
Also what's the Platinum breakfast offering ?
I was contemplating changing from my normal hotel The Westin to this one. any advice from you guys out there will be gratefully received . As ever thanks for your advice.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:52 pm

I am staying at this property next week. I got an email from the guest liason welcoming me to the property, etc. and I replied asking about the Platinum breakfast amenity and I got this response:

"As a valued Platinum Guest you are entitled to a daily credit of $14.00 towards your breakfast. Our full breakfast is $20.00. If you prefer, you can always choose 500 points for your stay."

Does this seem right?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Staying here next weekend. Visiting a friend in town, and this property seems nicer than the Westin. Looking forward to it and will report back.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zzap
I am staying at this property next week. I got an email from the guest liason welcoming me to the property, etc. and I replied asking about the Platinum breakfast amenity and I got this response:

"As a valued Platinum Guest you are entitled to a daily credit of $14.00 towards your breakfast. Our full breakfast is $20.00. If you prefer, you can always choose 500 points for your stay."

Does this seem right?
Yes if the credit is enough to cover a continental breakfast. The hotel is going above and beyond by letting you apply the credit toward the full buffet breakfast (or ordering what you want from the menu if that is an option).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.