Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheration Jumeirah Beach Resort Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheration Jumeirah Beach Resort Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
staying here now for 2 days
On checkin I was not offered any upgrade at first. Given i spend 120+ nights a year in Starwood hotels and i had my ambassador make the booking I expected some sort of upgrade. i had checked earlier and there were sea views, and junior suites available.
Eventually i was given a choice of junior suite city view or sea view. The sea view room was on the second floor so not much of a view, so opted for the junior suite.
This is the second time here and both occasions i have had to ask if there are any upgrades available, otherwise would have been left in a standard room
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
forget this place

Staying at Grosvener House this weekend. Not even in the same stratosphere. From rude service and twisting arms for upgrades at the Sheraton to proactive service and amazing upgrades here. Honestly, will never consider that Sheraton again.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JBauer
Staying at Grosvener House this weekend. Not even in the same stratosphere. From rude service and twisting arms for upgrades at the Sheraton to proactive service and amazing upgrades here. Honestly, will never consider that Sheraton again.
It is the only option if one wants to use free resort nights in Dubai. If we had a choice of course we would choose the GH.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL DM. EK Gold. UA1K. BA Silver. SPG Plat. HH. Diamond.
That's good to know. I will be there from tomorrow night, using the last of my frn's.
I have already recieved a couple of emails asking if i want to upgrade to a seaview room, and probably should have said yes for the price. Will definately ask for an upgrade at check in though.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Will be here friday and saturdaynights. Hope it will be a ok stay. Also using up frn's.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Staying Thursday night. Last Free Resort Night for me too.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:05 am

I am currently at the hotel. Had to insist a bit for an upgrade, and I ended up with a city view suite on the club floor. Using my last frn's, i cannot complain. This is not the nicest hotel I have stayed at in Dubai, a bit old, but then again, I'm not paying for it either. lounge food is so so, and that's fine too because there's a lot of fun places to go out to eat and drink in.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Here as well right now!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Here as well right now!
Did you manage to score an upgrade too?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:02 am

Yes jr suite but city view... Not to good! You're up for a beer at the bar? There now! Wearing Superdry tshirt
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:04 pm

Haha, sorry, read your invitation too late!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:18 am

If your back at the bar tonight, let me know?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Here's a video that I shot on my recent visit there. http://bit.ly/sheratonjumeirah

Trying to get all the photos uploaded and review done as well.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:35 pm

Can anyone advise on what there is to do around this hotel (within walking distance)?

Are there restaurants and shops around? or would you be confined to the spaces within the resort grounds for activities?

thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Can anyone advise on what there is to do around this hotel (within walking distance)?

Are there restaurants and shops around? or would you be confined to the spaces within the resort grounds for activities?

thanks!
Hmmm..confined to the spaces within the resort grounds? I'm not sure what you mean by that, I'm assuming you're thinking there's nothing to do outside of the resort itself?

In any case, this hotel is on Jumeirah Beach, close to the Marina. If you've ever been to Dubai, you know there's quite a bit to do nearby. Especially The Walk which has loads of restaurants, shopping etc. The Metro system in Dubai is also fairly decent and expanding, so it's actually quite the easy city to get around. I would say that any of the Starwood properties on Jumeirah Beach are in a good location. I'm not sure why this one in particular can be a bit stiny on upgrades, as Dubai has a lot of Starwood hotels...but then again, I would not be surprised one bit of those Suites see high occupancy from people who are willing to pay for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.