Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Seclusion Day Information: March 21, 2015 and March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2015, Nyepi will fall on Saturday, March 21 and Wednesday, March 9 in 2016. Please note that check-in and check-out will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Arwana Restaurant. Cascade Bar and Sapphire bar will close at 6pm. Kul Kul Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Sunday, March 22, 2015 and Thursday, March 10 in 2016.

Compulsory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

On December 31, 2015, there is a compulsory New Year’s Eve dinner for all guests staying over this date. Rate starts from 250 USD per adult and 85 USD per child (6 to 12 years of age). Checkouts on December 31, 2015 are not permitted.

Guests are required to pay the additional charges directly to the hotel upon arrival. The hotel will contact guests prior to arrival regarding the mandatory charges and to provide additional information.

Print Wikipost

The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2009, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by pokeable
Hey Aussiechris, was this the place you used? (Bali Concierge)

http://www.thebaliconcierge.com/

Price seems higher than you quoted....

Thanks for the review! Looking forward to our trip in March!
I guess pricing depends on requested services and your Hotel.The cost was quoted by the Hotel and directly charged to my folio.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by aussiechris
In conclusion, a stay too good to be true. This LC property is the best in the Nusa Dua strip. I hope to return again soon.
I can attest to that also. My recent stay in Sep 2009 was fantastic even as an SPG Gold. The upgraded studio room was superb and spacious. Loved the manicured lawns and exquisite bale begongs. Requests for coffee throughout the day were met without any glitch.

If I can't still accumulate 30-35k Starpoints for St Regis redemption, I may stay here again next July 2010
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:02 am
Suspended

The Hotel had given us benefits beyond those published which included Airport transfers and free Buffet breakfast.I can confirm that free Internet is now a stated Platinum benefit.
Free Breakfast & Internet (I hope its unlimitted and not the 15min offered previously) sounds nice.

Is airport transfers really comp for platinums now ? Almost unbelievable ...
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
Free Breakfast & Internet (I hope its unlimitted and not the 15min offered previously) sounds nice.

Is airport transfers really comp for platinums now ? Almost unbelievable ...
Mario,
I was given a card of additional Platinum benefits that has free internet on it.
No charges for it appeared on my Bill. I was given free transfers in a deal done with the Reservations Manager.If you PM me, I will give you her details.

Room type : 1 Executive Suite + 1 Deluxe Lagoon view room (Connecting)
Room rate : (Dec.16-26 at USD 160++ ) (Dec.26 - 27 at USD 375 ++) , rate is subject to 21% svc/tax, per room per nite
Bali Concierge service : at USD 35nett / person
Complimentary : International buffet breakfast & 2 ways airport transfers by our Family MPV
Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:46 pm
Suspended

I was given a card of additional Platinum benefits that has free internet on it.
No charges for it appeared on my Bill. I was given free transfers in a deal done with the Reservations Manager.If you PM me, I will give you her details.
Thanks

If the transfer was part of a deal (rather than a platinum benefit), I wouldnt pursue it.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:15 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
We stayed here on New Years Day, mainly just to use up my AP free night and as many other hotels were full.

We opted for the collection and it worked great until we got outside when it went pear shaped and we were left standing in the heat for 25 minutes as the car was nowhere to be seen. They said it was stuck in traffic, which is fair enough and can happen, but they should know how the traffic is and arrange accordingly. All the others on the same flight who had the concierge service were away immediately. They tried to put us in a taxi for the same rate - US$17 - as the hotel was charging us!.

They eventually got us in another vehicle and away we went. In fairness when I complained about it the duty manager came to see us to apologise and they wiped the charge as well as providing a hotel car to wherever our next destination was, which was only the Conrad.

Other than that it was a fabulous stay as they put is in one of their two enormous suites, I think it was called the Raja ?. By far the biggest suite I have ever been in. Not bad for an award stay, just a shame we were only there one night.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:27 am
Suspended

Just an update on some of the information posted above,

1) Internet : Its complimentary for Platinum members throughout their stay (previously only for 15min per stay), you purchase it in your room at a rate of $15 per day but they will remove the charge.

2) Breakfast : Its "not" complimentary for Platinum members. The charge for continental breakfast is around $11++ while for full breakfast its around $15++
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
think it was called the Raja ?
The one next to the huge beach front villa under construction ?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by pokeable
Thanks for the review! Looking forward to our trip in March!
I'll be there in March too!

I'll be doing one night at the Laguna Resort and the other night at the Westin (just 2 nights in Bali altogether) so will be a rather short trip in comparison to the rest of you.

Anybody have any suggestions on what one can do OUTSIDE the resort? I heard there're places you can go to watch dolphins etc - any advice would be much appreciated!!

Old Mar 1, 2010, 2:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaejaez
Anybody have any suggestions on what one can do OUTSIDE the resort? I heard there're places you can go to watch dolphins etc - any advice would be much appreciated!!
Go to Bali to watch dolphins ? I believe its off the northern coast which isnt quite so convenient. There is a golf course just outside the resort, if you play golf. Or hire a driver for a day to visit the usual spots if you have not already done it before.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jaejaez

I'll be there in March too!

I'll be doing one night at the Laguna Resort and the other night at the Westin (just 2 nights in Bali altogether) so will be a rather short trip in comparison to the rest of you.

We are doing a biking tour of the Bali countryside (balibiketours.com), checking out the Bali Zoo as well. May take a trip to Kuta too. Planning lots of beach/lagoon lounging!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Forgot about this thread...

Things to do outside the resort;

1) Bali bike tour was fantastic, if a bit hot. Had a great time, very informative.

2) Walked around Kuta (meh) and Seminayak (great fun for boutique shoppers like my wife). Beautiful beach, much better than Nusa Dua.

3) Eat. Bumbu Bali in Nusa Dua is faaaantastic. Get the rijstaffel (sp?)

And eat lots of passionfruit and jackfruit!

BTW resort and service were fantastic. Breakfasts were amazing. Get a lagoon access room; nothing beats waking up and jumping into the lagoon before an exotic fruit-filled meal.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:31 am

oh no, I was watching for C&P for this property Dec 17-21 and it was available a few weeks ago but now there is nothing available for the entire month! ack! anyone know if C&P may open up closer to time? Or am I just out of luck?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by snowymt
oh no, I was watching for C&P for this property Dec 17-21 and it was available a few weeks ago but now there is nothing available for the entire month! ack! anyone know if C&P may open up closer to time? Or am I just out of luck?
Highly unlikely.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:10 am

hmmmm so it looks like no more C&P but there is availability for using points to redeem for free nights.

Is it worth it to stay at the Laguna 10,000pts per night versus the Westin 7,000pts per night?

We will be putting up my parents as well so a 3 night trip would run us 60k pts for Laguna vs 41k for Westin...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.