Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Istanbul [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2023, 6:15 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Disappointed to hear that my odd service experiences were not isolated. Oh, well, Istanbul has a lot of competition, including in this specific location with the new Westin, the W (where service seemed to be their thing), and the Ritz.
The competition is part of the equation indeed. In cities without many choices I can let a lot slide when a hotel drops the ball. But in Istanbul? Marriott has lots of hotels and even outside of Bonvoy there are many properties to sample, explore, and enjoy...
Old Sep 17, 2023, 4:12 am

Programs: Some
I made a points booking here this morning for the end of the month, confirmation email showed the correct dates. On checking the Marriott App, the dates of my stay have now moved to today and my stay is showing as in progress...

Have messaged the hotel via chat to look into it. Has this hotel taken the Bonvoy unfriendliness to the next level?
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Any recent experiences here? Odd that it’s been almost a year since anyone has posted.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 6:18 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Dcislander
Any recent experiences here? Odd that it’s been almost a year since anyone has posted.
Because they treat Bonvoy elites poorly. I would guess this hotel is best fit for the kind of people who are NOT on FT
Old Jun 23, 2024, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Such a bummer. Have had some amazing recent experiences as a life-plat with STR, most recently at the STR Cairo which was super. Fingers crossed that one day this hotel follows that lead and gives some love to elites again.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.