Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Sorry, my mistake.
It was a panoramic suite.
Did you get to use their butler service? It seems like it is the only Marriott brand in London offering that type of service. In the past there was the Westbury which was great.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Did you get to use their butler service? It seems like it is the only Marriott brand in London offering that type of service. In the past there was the Westbury which was great.
I was aware there was a butler service with the suite, but being very familiar with London I didn't really need it.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
I was aware there was a butler service with the suite, but being very familiar with London I didn't really need it.
Only reason I use the butler service is for the packing/unpacking service.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:34 pm

If you had a choice between the Claridges in standard room at 750 gbp

or panoramic suite at the park towers London for around 250 gbp this month

which would you pick?

thanks
Old May 28, 2022, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by globaltrotter

which would you pick?

thanks

750 GBP is way too much for any "standard" room at any London hotel, no matter how fancy it is.
250 GBP for a panoramic suite at this hotel is actually really good bargain these days.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by globaltrotter

which would you pick?

thanks
250 for a panoramic suite?! How on earth you got that rate? It's always around the 2000's range. Unless you are applying an SNA.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:52 pm

Staying here currently for 5 nights. Recieved an upgrade to an executive suite via SNA. Sadly the placed us on a smoking floor, but housekeeping are doing their best to ensure no odor is in the room.

Surprisingly, the suite has a sofa bed which is not advertised. And we took advantage of that as our 9 year old is tagging along in this trip.

It took some time to get to the suite. We checked in at 3 pm and didn't get our room until 4:30ish. And I wasn't the only one waiting. The next day, we noticed the same as a huge line piled up around check in time. Seems like they are doing a good job cleaning rooms after a guest checks out.

Wr have a butler and she is the sweetest person you'll ever meet. If anything highlights our stay, it would be her.
MsAnnMcD likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Only reason I use the butler service is for the packing/unpacking service.
I was wondering who actually used this service :-D
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: BONVOY Titanium, Hilton, AAdvantage Gold, UA Silver, Jet Blue
Good for you! We check in to St Pancras tomorrow and SNA's still pending. Recent reviews have been lackluster.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
The Exec Suites used to reference the sofa beds in the room, but a few got replaced pre-covid so that don't mention it. If you have a child in the reservation, they will usually try to allocate a room with one of the sofa beds and if they can't, they wheel in a roll away.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
The Exec Suites used to reference the sofa beds in the room, but a few got replaced pre-covid so that don't mention it. If you have a child in the reservation, they will usually try to allocate a room with one of the sofa beds and if they can't, they wheel in a roll away.
Different message received from the hotel. It seems like it is a security risk to have a rollaway bed in the room .
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:58 pm

I have checked out yesterday and have to say that this hotel will need to go through renovations immediately. It is in a sad state and it is astonishing they charge higher rates than its sister properties.

The front desk and housekeeping are not trained to work in a luxury collection property. However, the concierge and butlers are great. Greg from the concierge actually gave me 1 GBP so I can use the trollies at St. Pancras (as I was travelling to Paris). I will definitely return that and some extra in the future while travelling to London.

The breakfast was basic and nothing to write home about. They had a Orange juice maker machine that was fun to use but broke down mid stay.

The views here are fantastic and we had a live view of British Summer Time music festival. You could listen to Adele as if you were playing music in your room.

All in all, I would go for the Mayfair properties if staying in London next time (unless you struck a suite at the PT). But the views are unbeatable here.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:24 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Surely this place survives solely on it's location? Which in turn draws a huge number of guests from the Middle East. Some of whom will pay "silly" money for the location alone and the ability to get a smoking room.
The hotel will milk every last drop of cash that they can until they absolutely have to refurbish, it really is that simple.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Different message received from the hotel. It seems like it is a security risk to have a rollaway bed in the room .
Have stayed twice recently with a rollaway in a room, most recently last month with no issues. Would be surprised if there was a change of policy since then, as I have a room for later this month on the same basis. I will reach out to my main contact there to double check though.

As for the rates, this is now often at a lower rate than many of the comparable properties in London. Think that is more to do with others increasing their rate, rather than the PT dropping their rates though. I stay on a corporate rate that allows private leisure travel, with a great fixed price here and at County Hall. Have to say that on recent trips, I'd pick County Hall ahead of here under normal circumstances.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 1:56 am

Stayed here again solely due to the inconvenience of the SNA usage.

I applied SNA and was upgraded to a Panoramic Suite. Eventually they downgraded me to an Executive Suite. This was prior to arrival by a couple of days.

I sent the Ambassador desk a note abs the hotel agreed to refund ghe SNA but still keep the upgrade.

Given that this is London, and suites are only managable to get vis SNA, I went ahead with the booking as I needed the space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.