FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

MaldivesFreak May 18, 2017 7:57 am

I suppose in the end it comes down to whether one thinks the items on the menu and how they are prepared are interesting enough to warrant the cost, whatever that may be.

spellbound2 May 18, 2017 11:33 pm

We never went in the pool in front of Alba. It felt awkward to have the pool in front of everyone eating especially when you can have complete privacy in your OWV. Still think they have one of the finest breakfast offerings in the Maldives.

CNWO4LIFE May 20, 2017 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 28317221)
I did try it a few times when I couldn't get my toddler to swim in the ocean, but it was so cold in it that I just got very angry and tossed the kid into the ocean instead.

I never got that upset over not getting an upgrade!:D

On a serious note, speaking of saltwater, when I am at a resort I hit the beach pretty much all day, but when darkness falls, you would have to throw me in as well, because I do not do the ocean at night. It is the pool and some drinks for me.:D

Land-of-Miles May 20, 2017 5:58 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak (Post 28327885)
I suppose in the end it comes down to whether one thinks the items on the menu and how they are prepared are interesting enough to warrant the cost, whatever that may be.

You don't really get that option as they make the menu up based upon what they have at any given time as I understand it rather than publishing n advance. You are effectively putting your confidence in the Sommelier and Exec Chef, and that was well placed we thought. Overall it was a far better experience than the wine cellar dinner at Rangali.

mebluemouse May 22, 2017 11:34 am

3 adults in a OWV room?

I have locked a room in points before and plan to be there with my parents. Can 3 adults stay comfortable in a OWV room or garden villa? As it does not make sense to book the second room... Or any other better suggestions?

Land-of-Miles May 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by mebluemouse (Post 28344908)
I have locked a room in points before and plan to be there with my parents. Can 3 adults stay comfortable in a OWV room or garden villa? As it does not make sense to book the second room... Or any other better suggestions?

I would not want to share a room here with parents, there simly isn't the degree of visual screening to make that work well

The OWV is substantially larger I think and could easily house a third person, it looks to me like the GV or BV would be a tad cramped.

Pseudo Nim May 22, 2017 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 28346251)
I would not want to share a room here with parents, there simly isn't the degree of visual screening to make that work well

The OWV is substantially larger I think and could easily house a third person, it looks to me like the GV or BV would be a tad cramped.

Yes, you can easily have a third person in the OWV (we did, with a rollaway). The partition between the two can close, as well, so there's enough privacy for that.

mebluemouse May 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks for the information! How much the hotel charged for the rollaway bed or it could be complimentary?

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 28346259)
Yes, you can easily have a third person in the OWV (we did, with a rollaway). The partition between the two can close, as well, so there's enough privacy for that.

Pseudo Nim May 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by mebluemouse (Post 28346273)
Thanks for the information! How much the hotel charged for the rollaway bed or it could be complimentary?

In my case since it was a 6-year old, it was free, and the breakfast was thrown in as well, but I'm not sure this would be the case for an adult (unless you pretend to be a small child :D ). The regular price is something in the neighbourhood of $80 per day I think.

mebluemouse May 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 28346278)
In my case since it was a 6-year old, it was free, and the breakfast was thrown in as well, but I'm not sure this would be the case for an adult (unless you pretend to be a small child :D ). The regular price is something in the neighbourhood of $80 per day I think.

Thanks! If it could be under $100, it will be good:)

Land-of-Miles May 23, 2017 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 28346259)

What partition? There was no separation between Living and Sleeping areas in our OWV? The best solution is probably the SR Villas that have a fully separate living space.

Pseudo Nim May 23, 2017 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 28347617)
What partition? There was no separation between Living and Sleeping areas in our OWV? The best solution is probably the SR Villas that have a fully separate living space.

Doh crap, you're absolutely right, my apologies. I was confusing this with another room. Yes, there is no separation between the opulous bed and the rollaway bed - unless you put the rollaway either in the walk-in closet or in the bathroom area, which does separate. My bad.

VAFlyerSAN Jun 3, 2017 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by mebluemouse (Post 28346351)
Thanks! If it could be under $100, it will be good:)

Via the SPG Ambassador line, I was quoted USD $200/night for the rollaway for an adult. No additional fee to book an award reservation with 3 adults on it. I plan to use the sofa for the 3rd adult. The agent mentioned the rollaway isn't required for the 3rd adult. You are required to pay $67 for the 3rd adult for breakfast.

VAFlyerSAN Jun 3, 2017 10:35 pm

The 58,500 points per night promo books into an OWV. The coding in the system shows as seen below for a 2 night award booking...

The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
PILOT CAT7 STE3 2NTS

Land-of-Miles Jun 4, 2017 4:32 am

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN (Post 28399515)
The 58,500 points per night promo books into an OWV. The coding in the system shows as seen below for a 2 night award booking...

The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
PILOT CAT7 STE3 2NTS

Do you get the 5th night free with this promo?