FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1683445-st-regis-maldives-vommuli-resort-master-thread.html)

Lookoutitzsean Mar 26, 2019 10:06 pm

I'm currently looking at booking flights with Singapore Airlines to go from West Cost -> Singapore -> Male since those seems to be cheapest. I have the choice to either overnight it in Singapore and arrive in Male around 1:30 PM, or make a tight-ish connection to get to Male at 11 PM the night before. Which would y'all recommend? It seems like everyone is suggested not to overnight in Male if possible, but I wouldn't have much time to actually do anything in Singapore anyways... suggestions?

CPH-Flyer Mar 26, 2019 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean (Post 30933912)
I'm currently looking at booking flights with Singapore Airlines to go from West Cost -> Singapore -> Male since those seems to be cheapest. I have the choice to either overnight it in Singapore and arrive in Male around 1:30 PM, or make a tight-ish connection to get to Male at 11 PM the night before. Which would y'all recommend? It seems like everyone is suggested not to overnight in Male if possible, but I wouldn't have much time to actually do anything in Singapore anyways... suggestions?

I would probably overnight in Singapore if it was me. 1:30pm is a good time to arrive to ensure that the room will be ready opon arrival. 11pm and you'll be at your hotel after midnight, which I always try to avoid.

If you overnight in Malé, go for the Hotel Jen, free speedboat transfer from and to the airport. 15 minutes each way. The breakfast is very nice, and they can arrange a free guided walking tour of Malé, which is quite nice

sydneyflyer12 Mar 26, 2019 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean (Post 30933912)

We're staying in Singapore before heading to the StR in peak season. Personally prefer the night in Singapore because the airport is convenient to the city so even if you don't have more than a day, you can still see a few things if you want to.

SassyAlly Mar 27, 2019 9:04 am

Just being quoted GV to OWV with the supplement charge of USD 492.80 per night for my upcoming April stay....

sydneyflyer12 Mar 27, 2019 9:38 am

Originally Posted by SassyAlly (Post 30935301)
Just being quoted GV to OWV with the supplement charge of USD 492.80 per night for my upcoming April stay....

Is this for regular OWV? Myself and others have been quoted this rate for GV->SOWV for 2019/2020 peak season. I suppose limited availability close in might have driven the GV->OWV rate higher though.

CPH-Flyer Mar 27, 2019 9:40 am

Are you there over Easter? Otherwise it seems very expensive for April.

guy_listening Mar 27, 2019 9:44 am

Seems pretty high, I was just able to upgrade my stay (GV to OWV) at the end of April for 246.40 inclusive of taxes and service charges.

SassyAlly Mar 27, 2019 10:23 am

Originally Posted by guy_listening (Post 30935447)
Seems pretty high, I was just able to upgrade my stay (GV to OWV) at the end of April for 246.40 inclusive of taxes and service charges.

Did you bargain? My stay is the week before Easter holiday so it shouldn't be that full yet :-(

guy_listening Mar 27, 2019 10:36 am

I did not bargain, but my stay is over the last week of April into May..

countingmiles Mar 27, 2019 12:03 pm

4 Attachment(s)
Here at the StR now, got some info handed to us on arrival.

Platinum benefits and activities schedule attached.

mjrobson Mar 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Was looking for some weather info and found there is a weather station on Magoodhoo about 20km / 13mi north east of Vommuli.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/mv/ma...-forecast/5583

Probably the closest one to the island.

There is another on Kudahuvadhoo about 27km north.

tom-schmitt Mar 27, 2019 2:58 pm

@countingmiles: Can you also post a schedule of the (free?) Yoga and Fitness Classes please?

countingmiles Mar 28, 2019 12:36 am

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...46f683ad0.jpeg
Activities schedule

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt (Post 30936711)
@countingmiles: Can you also post a schedule of the (free?) Yoga and Fitness Classes please?

Both free and extra cost are shown on this same schedule. There should info at the bottom of the flyer indicating which.

tom-schmitt Mar 28, 2019 1:10 am

Thanks a lot!!!

ab_initio Mar 30, 2019 5:30 am

Originally Posted by jukaks (Post 30926661)
btw, does anyone have any recommended activities and/or ones that we should avoid or that weren't really worth it? the 'dolphin exploration' seemed pretty cool as does the spa's 'blue lagoon experience'... thoughts?

Blue hole experience I believe - basically the world's largest bathtub with an amazing view. I liked it!