Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

San Jose Marriott, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Jose Marriott, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
San Jose Marriott invites visitors to discover the playful side of San Jose with its Park, Play, Stay Package. Starting at $176 plus tax, the deal represents 20 percent savings on hotel accommodations and includes complimentary valet parking for one car per guest room. This package, one of many Marriott San Jose hotel deals, is available Thursday through Sunday through Dec. 30, 2016 and requires an overnight stay on Friday or Saturday. To take advantage of the Park, Play, Stay Package, visit www.SanJoseMarriott.com or call 1-800-228-9290 and reference the promotional code PSF.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
if anyone interested, here's a couple of pictures from the new AC hotel being built in downtown San Jose. Seems like the furniture is already being added into the rooms and also a garage was built next to it, which ill assume you will have to pay for. Unsure how much longer it will take but may open within this year. Looking forward to trying it out though.

Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Anyone have recent reports on the hotel? The lounge thread says closed on weekends, but that was in 2015. Is that still the case? Any chance it's open on weekends if full from a convention? I'll be out there in October for a convention during the weekend.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
Anyone have recent reports on the hotel? The lounge thread says closed on weekends, but that was in 2015. Is that still the case? Any chance it's open on weekends if full from a convention? I'll be out there in October for a convention during the weekend.
I was there for a week summer 2017 and the lounge was closed on the weekends. The hotel was sold out the whole week for the convention.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Originally Posted by getagb

I was there for a week summer 2017 and the lounge was closed on the weekends. The hotel was sold out the whole week for the convention.
Thanks for the reply. I wish they would open the lounge if the hotel is full. I get it for places that are mostly business hotels, but would be nice if they opened them up on the weekends at a certain capacity threshold.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Maybe a minor nitpick but the last two times I have stayed at this hotel they did not want to honor my room type. When I stayed several weeks ago the check-in agent said "I've put you in a double room on a high floor - sound good?" I asked her to confirm the check-in room type (I thought maybe I had actually booked a double for a second) and she said it was a king but it would be great if I'd take the double room (basically trying to guilt trip me into accepting a double). I declined and she gave me a king.

This week I checked in, was given a room and was not told it was a double at check-in. Lo and behold I go up and it is a double. I have to trudge back downstairs and ask for a King. The check-in agent said the only thing available is an Accessible king on a super low floor (close to the protesters). I took it, but was highly annoyed I had to spend another 10 minutes dealing with this at midnight - and also be put in a room with a very low shower head where I have to duck under it to actually get my hair wet.

Maybe it is somewhat trivial but I'm 6' 4" so the extra 5 inches a Queen or King gives over a double is important to me as it means my feet aren't hanging off the edge of the bed. If I book a King I expect to be put in a King.

I just don't understand how hotels get in this situation.. Is their inventory management system just broken? I get that everyone at this hotel is an elite so I don' t expect an upgraded room, but this isn't a question of being elite.. this is just a question of honoring room reservations. If this is how they treat a 150+ night a year platinum then I'd hate to know how they treat a Gold or Silver.

I'll also echo the concerns about the AC units. It was only 50 degrees last night outside but my room was quite hot and would not cool down. The outside air was much colder than the "cold" air my AC unit was supposedly outputting.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:35 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Any new reports? I'm debating burning 35K Certs at this property for weekend stay in November to attend a wedding (Arrival Friday & depart Sunday)..

What are the beanies on the weekends? Lounge? Breakfast? possibility of an upgrades? Parking or "resort" fee waived?

Thank you!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
Stayed here last fall twice for 2, 2-night weekend stays. Hotel was fine, but attracted a rowdy party crowd both times that IMO the staff should have done more to control. Basic info:

- M Club was open, did not have a chance to try dinner / snacks / drinks, but breakfast was fine, though the lounge did get a bit crowded
- Access is controlled by keycard access without an attendant monitoring access and there were some people obviously trying to tailgate in, so part of the crowd was likely freeloaders
- Standard 4-star hotel, minus room service. No complaints, but nothing special
- Gym and pool were good
- All interactions with staff were positive, and staff addressed all requests quickly (extra coffee + blankets, checkin/out, etc.)
- Was fairly crowded in the lobby for both stays, with a "rachet" party-going crowd (seemed to be folks who drove in from Gilroy / Central valley) staying on lower floors. Lobby did get extremely rowdy at and after dinnertime, with no attempt from staff to keep things under control.
- Partygoers seldom wore masks in common areas or elevators, often in view of the staff who generally did not say anything.
- Lowest 5-6 floors were full of loud rooms that could be heard from elevators while going up. (Beyond the 6th floor or so, it did seem quieter)
- We stayed on the 15th and 14th floors in our 2 stays. These floors were quieter and we were not disturbed.
- Not sure if the party crowd is normal, or we just got unlucky on both our stays
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:59 am

I stayed here last October and found the hotel to also be "fine". I also noticed the rowdy lobby evening crowd, which kind of surprised me b/c as far as I could tell there weren't any conventions going on at the time and the location doesn't say prime party spot to me. The rooms had a very "refreshed in 2005 courtyard vibe", but I was just there for business and didn't need much else. So it worked out fine.

I'd try to get a high floor b/c the tram traffic can be a little rumbly on the lower level.

There was one interesting afternoon where I was in my room working and there was a very loud pounding on the door which took me aback. Turns out security got the wrong room # and was trying to evict a squatter in the room next door. I got to listen to a lot of colorful language coming from the squatter for quite a while, but the hotel staff actually was very reserved and dealt with her as best as they could.

It's always nice to see a M Club open. I don't usually have anything more than coffee for breakfast, but dinner was good enough. I remember cold cuts and cheeses, chips, cookies, tomato soup and grilled cheese one night, and chicken noodle and a cuban sandwich another evening. So the chef must like his soup and sandwich options. There was a self serve honor bar which was being policed by a watchful attendant.

All in all, I wouldn't not stay there again, but might look at the Westin next door just to try new things. Haven't looked at any reviews there though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.