Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
I’ve spent many years going to Paris and settled on a few. Like you, came from the SPG program and LTP. I look for recognition and also price / location. It really depends where / what you want to do. Personally I love the Vendôme Westin - it’s classy and appeals to the “I want to be spoiled “ side of me, but can be ridiculously expensive. It’s located in the 1st Arrondissment and a cool place to hang out. There are more expensive ones as you’ll see. In terms of recognition and if you can put up with coach loads of tourists is the Le Meridien by the CNIT - not a great location but close to the metro and easy to get to - and importantly typically way cheaper. Upto you of course and duration will be a factor .. they’re my go to’s. I have stayed at probably more than 8 Parisien SPG / Marriott properties - my last two stays have been at the Le Parchamp due to its proximity to a Client but would not suggest that for any kind of leisure stay. Reach out if I can help provide any further insights
stevens397 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by TheBigRat
I’ve spent many years going to Paris and settled on a few. Like you, came from the SPG program and LTP. I look for recognition and also price / location. It really depends where / what you want to do. Personally I love the Vendôme Westin - it’s classy and appeals to the “I want to be spoiled “ side of me, but can be ridiculously expensive. It’s located in the 1st Arrondissment and a cool place to hang out. There are more expensive ones as you’ll see. In terms of recognition and if you can put up with coach loads of tourists is the Le Meridien by the CNIT - not a great location but close to the metro and easy to get to - and importantly typically way cheaper. Upto you of course and duration will be a factor .. they’re my go to’s. I have stayed at probably more than 8 Parisien SPG / Marriott properties - my last two stays have been at the Le Parchamp due to its proximity to a Client but would not suggest that for any kind of leisure stay. Reach out if I can help provide any further insights
That was great. Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2023, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by stevens397
I have well over 2,000 posts. No newbie. Just asking for guidance from knowledgeable people. Searching to Marriott board for "Paris" brought up many, many links with only marginal connection and certainly not what I asked.
It literally took 3 seconds to find the existing "hotels in paris" thread but thanks for clogging up the forum with another one and spreading the info into multiple threads, which makes it less useful for people who search in the future.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Westin Vendome

Two nights at Westin Vendome last week. Given the reviews I wasn’t exactly putting high hopes especially after my SNAs didn’t clear and this being the first year I dropped down to platinum. But a good upgrade to a superior room with Tuileries/Eiffel view. At checkin, 1 pm they offered late checkout until 4pm, which we didn’t need since we had a 4pm flight from CDG. The room wasn’t ready unit just before 4pm, which was expected and not a problem giving time to drop the car at Hertz and have lunch.

Yes the room was still small. Comfortable bed, though not overally soft Westin Heavenly mattress (a few years ago Florence didn’t either). But very comfortable. The bathroom was small. Yes the room was worn around the edges but the view made up for it.

the property does need a remodel but it was fully book and had a large conference (that extended to a set of tents in the Tuileries Garden) even with everything seat taken on the ground floor between those with conference name tags and those obviously waiting to check in the hotel staff were commendable. From the bell staff taking our luggage and dealing with my rental car while I checked in, to the courtyard waiters when we returned after lunch for drinks while waited for the room.

there were probably. The rooms shower didn’t drain control for drain mechanism fell out if the tub. I didn’t notify housekeeping because I didn’t want to change rooms. Management proactively called and had a room on the same floor for us to shower in, a junior suite but without a view. So for our second night we had two rooms. I can’t fault a hotel for a mechanical problem and the management recovered was certainly satisfactory.

the Internet was terrible and since the TVs are all internet based those were unwatchable. I had to call and a tech came to the room, very quickly, to get the TV working but there just wasn’t enough bandwidth to prevent the signal from freezing. Even after the game it really wasn’t watchable. Too bad because I had hope to watch the French team’s rugby match on tv. Luckily I could see it on the big screen set up in plac d Concord from our balcony. Anyone staying during the Olympics next year is going to have connections problems. It seems the system just weren’t built for current bandwidth demands.

lastly there was an emergency evacuation before 6am on our first morning, luckily we were slow getting out if the room and it was cancelled by the time we reached the stairwell.

last year we spent 5 nights at PdG with an SNA suite upgrade certainly a more luxurious hotel with significantly larger rooms. A very different type of location.

before that we’ve stayed at both La Dokhan, which is very much like stepping back in time to early 20th Century Paris. And Le Metropolitan, which for us liking small hotels in neighborhoods is a favorite, the suites in front have a great Eiffel view down the street leading to Trocadero. The problem is for most Le Metropolitan neighborhoods is, even with very good metro access, just a bit too out of the way.

But if central Paris museum and shopping are on the itinerary the Westin Vendome is certainly a good choice.

beside given the current points price it was the only one open to use my two expiring 85k certificates. All other were either not available on points or over 100k.
Phillbsb1979 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood LP, Marriott P, Hilton Diamond
In town for 2 nights, please help me choose.

Hi All, my SNA cleared for hotel berri (signature suite), renaissance vendome (parisian corner “suite”) and renaissance arc du triomphe (prestige wave or something to that effect).

Ive read pretty bad things about all 3 with the berri being too dark, vendome too uncomfortable and arc du triomphe is just ok.

Im here for 2 days, one day to shop and buddha bar, then next day brunch and usher. My favorite marriott brands are the regis, w, and edition if that helps. Cleanliness, size, shoppjng is my order of importance.

advice?
Old Dec 5, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
I have three x 50 K certs and wife has 3 also. We are both gold and not plat so likely no executive lounge access. Was planning on using all six at Paris Opera mid April 2024. Looks like location is good, walkable to everything. One option I had was to spend the last 2 nights at a nicer hotel such as Prince De Gaulles, Westin or Renaissance Vendrome or the Park Hyatt Vendrome. Is it worth it to switch? Torn between spending more points, moving out of hotel mid stay for a better location and fancier hotel room. From what I read, Paris Ambassador is decent hotel with just ok service. We are both early 50's, able bodied and plan to tour a lot of the city and be out and about.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are all rooms finally renovated at Marriott Champs Elysees? It appears some still have full carpeting. Which room categories are the ones with Eiffel Tower views? Any of the Terrace rooms on the highest floor?
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:21 am

anyone stayed at Ren La Defence lately?

dithering about LM vs this. Plat benefits and lounge?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E50K;HH Gold, Hertz Gold, Amex Plat, Prio Pass Marriott Bonvoy Plat, Avis President Club
Originally Posted by lallied
dithering about LM vs this. Plat benefits and lounge?
I had stayed at the LM Etoile last November for two nights. Great lounge for Plat members, We came back from our day trip around 8:00 pm and used the lounge for our snacks, good foods, and wines. Breakfast is good too, but quite crowded in the morning.
When we check-in, we share with the front desk staff that we are celebrating our anniversary & my wife's birthday. We got a pair of complimentary tickets for the river cruise. It is a big hotel, but the staff are well-trained and very friendly.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 6:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AsiaMission
I had stayed at the LM Etoile last November for two nights. Great lounge for Plat members, We came back from our day trip around 8:00 pm and used the lounge for our snacks, good foods, and wines. Breakfast is good too, but quite crowded in the morning.
When we check-in, we share with the front desk staff that we are celebrating our anniversary & my wife's birthday. We got a pair of complimentary tickets for the river cruise. It is a big hotel, but the staff are well-trained and very friendly.
Great lounge at LM Etoile? I certainly didn’t have that experience. Poor selection of evening snacks (nothing hot, almost the same every day, flies seen around the cakes etc) and no spirits, only beer and wine from a dispenser that kept breaking down. I had to walk to the bar to get ice - they wouldn’t get it for me. Breakfast was ok as you said but remember it can order an omelette there for free. If you opt for the lounge breakfast then it’s about 10 euros for an omelette. Crazy.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:54 am

Yep. I went for LeM and was awful as have a temp lounge with worse food and no service.

They say renovations but is nearly new. I think the gloomy back room of resto with no amenities is cheaper for them
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PP, Bonvoy Titanium
One Night - Best option

Have a one night stay before an early flight out of CDG, and have an 85K cert I want to use. I usually stay in Airbnb's in the 6th, so not familiar with the Marriott options.

Which is recommended:

Westin Vendome
Renaissance Vendome
Le Roch Design Hotel

Valuing room size and atmosphere primarily. Breakfast and lounge is not important since we have an early departure

TIA!
Old Mar 15, 2024, 5:09 pm

Any recent stays at the Le Dokhan‘s?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 10:20 pm

Recommendations for Paris

I’m traveling to Paris next April. Would like to get suggestions on Marriott properties. Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:34 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by CrossTravel
Any recent stays at the Le Dokhan‘s?
Very small hotel, quirky (if not outdated) decoration. Breakfast very minimal (even by French standards). Le Metropolitan closeby is much better IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.