Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Hong Kong, 2014-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Hong Kong usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads

Broad summary of the Hong Kong Marriott brands is as follows:

Luxury
The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong - Superb full harbour views, good quality restaurants on-site and the world's highest bar (Ozone, that has up to a 20% discount for elite members that actually makes it reasonable value). Negatives would be price and location is in Kowloon (i.e. not ideal for tourists).
St Regis Hong Kong - New (in 2020), great quality rooms, excellent service in the hotel and restaurants, views are more standard and location is a little less convenient, but on the Island in Wan Chai and near the Exhibition Centre. Hotel restaurant l'envol offers quality French service and food and has two Michellin stars. Near the newly opened (2022) Exhibition MTR station with walking under cover (one stop from Admiralty or Hung Hom), or walk from Wan Chai (approx 10 minutes).

Mid-range
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong - Ideally placed for tourism and likely business, built in an MTR complex with a luxury mall underneath. Small rooms with a good view of either the harbour or a hillside, but compensated with an excellent lounge and breakfast. Somewhere to spend time outside of the room. Not hugely changed since 1980 but a classic hotel with excellent on-site restaurants and a newly renovated/larger lounge than the version prior to COVID.
W Hong Kong - Quirky, next to the Ritz Carlton and with an outdoor pool. On-site restaurants are more limited but in a good location. A nice alternative to the Ritz if you want to explore Kowloon, or are under 30. Good weekend champagne brunch.
Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel - More of a convention centre hotel, but with nice uninterrupted harbour views and reasonable room sizes. A little far from public transport but with walkways to get you to Wan Chai or Exhibition Centre MTR stations fairly rapidly (mostly under air-con).
Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - Huge hotel that historically had a separate "Towers" side (now being removed) and one of the worst lounges in the Marriott network (now improved) with poor elite recognition, but relatively large rooms and close to public transport, museums, shopping in Kowloon and the star ferry. Has had an ongoing refurbishment from late 2022 that appears to be addressing historic quality problems, but this is underway as the wiki is updated. As of March 2023, the "lounge" is on the second floor opposite the reception desk. It's open noon to 6:30pm only, with cocktails/food from 4:30pm-6:30pm and guests are allowed in for only one hour (enforced). There is no lounge opportunity for evening dessert/coffee.
Le Meriden Cyberport - Large rooms, nice staff, in the middle of nowhere (by HK standards) and very consistent brand standard, including a lounge. You will need to get a taxi to any sight or location unless you are visiting the tech companies in the area. Refurbished and reopened in November 2022, and has a shuttle to the Airport Express MTR/Central once an hour.
Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel - Next to the airport, far away from the city (on the MTR or Airport express via a shuttle bus) but excellent evening buffet and ideal to explore Lantau or visit friends (aircrew) in Tung Chung. You can't walk to the airport due to ongoing construction work, even if it looks like it is only a 5 minute walk, it isn't.
Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel - Huge pool and ideal for children. Rebranded to a resort to limit elite benefits. Worthwhile for a long weekend away or when visiting Ocean Park. Close to the (less convenient) Ocean Park MTR for tourists. Good restaurants on-site, not much in the local area.
Sheraton Hong Kong Tung Chung Hotel - New hotel that opened in December 2020, more designed for shopping or being close to the airport (via taxi or hourly shuttle bus), good facilities and pool. Far away from the city centre in a residential area.

Boutique
The Mira Hong Kong, a Member of Design Hotels™ - Not so close to public transport (approx 10 minute walk from Tsim Sha Tsui MTR), limited elite recognition but good for the bars of Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) and Kowloon. A better place to head to after a day of shopping in Kowloon or a heavy night out in TST.
Mira Moon Hong Kong, a Member of Design Hotels™ - Close to the shopping of Causeway bay, good rabbit based romantic hotel with sizeable bathrooms and real baths but limited restaurant facilities in-house. Refurbished in July 2022.
The Park Lane Hong Kong, Autograph Collection - New, and not yet opened. In 2025 it is expected that we will get a new Autograph, a conversion from the current Park Lane Hotel, Pullman. The hotel has a great bar and view. Let's see what happens

Value
Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin - generally agreed to be the best value Marriott in town with an excellent executive lounge, great value rooms and good elite service. However far from town (45+ minutes on public transport) and designed for those who want to visit Sai Kung or relatives in the new territories.
Hong Kong Island Hotel | Courtyard Hong Kong - Reasonable location and good value business hotel that isn't that far from central or the MTR, but is ultimately not very distinctive. Offers a good breakfast for elites and a small executive lounge more focused on drinks than food.
Ovolo Southside, Hong Kong, a Member of Design Hotels™ - Excellent value and close to Ocean Park. Near the MTR and with a well respected local Mexican restaurant. Offers a 3 hour social hour (free flow with food) if you book direct, a hidden gem. At points has been fully vegetarian as well.
Four Points by Sheraton Hong Kong, Tung Chung - A combined building with the Sheraton Tung Chung, so very similar with some shared facilities but more basic rooms.

Typical responses from those who live in Hong Kong:
I want the best hotel money can buy: Ritz Carlton (views) or St Regis (service)
I want to save money: Ovolo Southside (qirky) or Courtyard Sha Tin (far away)
For business: JW Marriott (Hong Kong Island) and W Hotel (Kowloon)
Airport Stopover: The Sky City Marriott is in the airport complex (accessed via shuttle bus) but realistically you could head to the Ritz Carlton or W Hotel on the airport express in under 30 minutes. Alternatively the Sheraton Tung Chung, and cheaper Four Points may offer more reasonable rates and are only 10 minutes taxi to the airport in an area where a lot of Cathay staff live, or use the airport shuttle bus (link).
Theme parks: Disney is not close and arguably the Sky City Marriott or Sheraton Tung Chung/Four Points Tung Chung are closest, but would need a taxi. Staying at the W or Ritz Carlton may be preferable and using the MTR to get to the park (one change). For Ocean Park you have the Ocean Park Marriott (Resort) or Ovolo Southside within walking distance or the JW Marriott is only one MTR(metro) stop away and more central for other sights.
Staycation: Ritz Carton (on-site restaurants), St Regis (service, two good if pricey restaurants), Courtyard Sha Tin (bargain) or the Ocean Park Marriott (pool for children)
Space: Le Meriden Cyberport, but only because it's in the middle of nowhere (though this is subjective, as it's about 20 minutes in a taxi to central)...
Undiscovered gem: Maybe the Ovolo Southside but ultimately this is Hong Kong so you can't really expect a bargain, it's an efficient capitalist market after all!....

**Staying in China**
Note (pre-COVID) you could save serious (USD100s+) by staying in Shenzhen though this would involve crossing an international border and would only work for those who wanted to visit China and had a visa. With the border reopening this is an option, for example the St Regis Shenzhen is typically great value with free-flow executive lounge privileges on the 100+ floor or staying at the Four Points in Shenzhen is less than a round of drinks in Hong Kong and offers an unlimited dim-sum lunch for less than 20USD pp. Getting a visa isn't as easy as pre COVID though, and the China "visa on arrival" scheme can be over subscribed, leading to long queues. If you have a China Visa though this could still be an option, though it will take approximately 2 hours to get from the Shenzhen StR to the centre of Hong Kong (made up of approximately 20 minutes metro in Shenzhen, up to one hour of border/visa processing time, then 40 minutes on the MTR to Admiralty station)

**Quarantine FYI**
In December 2020 the Hong Kong government agreed a list of quarantine only hotels for what became part of the world's strictest quarantine regimes with at points any person entering HK needing to spend 3 weeks in a hotel. A number of Marriott hotels took part in this programme at varying points until hotel quarantine was removed in late 2022. The "new" Four Points in Tung Chung didn't open for normal guests until after the end of quarantine, and at time others were on/off the list, including the high end W, then the Ocean Park Marriott, Renaissance, Ovolo, Mira Moon and so on. Of the Marriott brands, only the JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton never took part.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Hong Kong, 2014-present

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Wrong question really (don't you know I love the Courtyard in Sha Tin.... a consistent bargain!). Plus the Ritz has been excellent on upgrades and quality but it is really pricey (spent 20k HKD/2.5k USD over 2 days) and as such the St Regis is still my favourite in HK due to excellent service with L'Envol being an absolute delight with superb attentive staff, though not cheap either.

To answer the question, of these two, my vote would go to the W, which had the better breakfast (offers a lobster eggs benedict), extensive lunch buffet and is more quirky in general. Plus the staff do proactive reach-outs via email that they follow through on. My rate offered buy-one-get-one on the Sunday buffet which made it great value when you ignore the room cost. With 4 people we would have spent HKD 4000 for lunch at 900+10% service, instead we paid well under 2k due to the discount plus my 700HKD room credit) for essentially unlimited lobsters and champagne for less than 500HKD per person. I'm meant to be returning in October, when hopefully the pool reopens.
I totally agree with you on CY Shatin. Amazing value for the money, but it's in Shatin...

I'll have to give the W a try the next time I'm back in HK. Thx!
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
(I'm looking at you Sheraton TST who gave me room 1444..!)
LOL!

I've never gotten a suite upgrade at the JW. Only executive level view rooms. My coworker had the same experience, bar the one time he got a suite upgrade as a service recovery.

The one time I stayed at the W, I got a corner room with view of the Bank of China Tower. I had replied to one of their welcome emails asking about one so not sure if that is "standard." During check in, they also introduced me to the GM lol.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Well, when I was staying in March thru May (admittedly not many people doing it) a suite was "de rigour" and occurred in 7 of 8 stays (I'm looking at you Sheraton TST who gave me room 1444..!). The W was a one level upgrade, plus an ocean view... I'd expect that in the middle of normal busy season. To be clear I am being greedy, hence referencing that we have returned to normal upgrades in HK, that are more limited. The W was offering an SNA upgrade by the way, they just chose not to give me that room without the extra "payment". The JW was a very nice room, but know I live about 200m from the hotel and have nearly the same view without spending HKD 5k over the weekend, I "would like a corner suite" really :P. Before COVID when I stayed at these hotels, which was fairly limited, I didn't get many real upgrades as HK was always so busy.

I understand the hotel is still quiet during the week, the mooncakes looked nice and well branded - I think you'll have a great stay and it's a good perk (as I suggested was a good decision for why to stay anywhere). Last weekend I saw that about 50% of people staying were in some form of family group, though I reckon more groups were 20+ "kids" plus 40+ parents or real kids + parents. I sat near to a nice three generation 6 person group "safely" distanced over 3 tables with 2 persons (no judgement, we're all dealing with flexible seating arrangements) enjoying the food and coming together for a photo, so you won't be alone. I think it's a great hotel and fairly funky in its layout so probably not really designed for 60+, but as long as they don't mind a yoga mat in the room I don't think they're going to feel out of place at the moment.

(and yes, I also used the AMEX spend 2400 HKD, get a 600 HKD rebate which made a good value break even better. I'd booked before this was released and will stay elsewhere too, so just nice free money)
Which Amex gives that rebate?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Which Amex gives that rebate?
Please see details here: https://www.americanexpress.com/hk/e...vel/index.html

Seems to be most cards, but only the first 10k to register, one time use only. The Hilton offer is allowed 5x, but far fewer choices:
Originally Posted by amex
*American Express Cards issued in Hong Kong by American Express International, Inc. (“American Express”) are eligible to participate in the offers.Corporate Cards issued by American Express and American Express Cards issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited are not eligible to participate in the offers.
(PS, apologies for anyone who feels I am monopolising this thread, it sometimes feels like I am the only FTer still staying in HK, which I am still hopeful isn't the case. I am fine with PMs for those who have an individual question without cluttering it up )
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems to be most cards, but only the first 10k to register, one time use only. The Hilton offer is allowed 5x, but far fewer choices:

(PS, apologies for anyone who feels I am monopolising this thread, it sometimes feels like I am the only FTer still staying in HK, which I am still hopeful isn't the case. I am fine with PMs for those who have an individual question without cluttering it up )
I would participate more if it wasn't for the pandemic.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would participate more if it wasn't for the pandemic.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
You may well be. I finally returned to Shenzhen after five months in HK in the middle of August and therefore my HK staycations are curtailed. To make up for it, I'm going to try out some of Shenzhen's hotels over these dreary weekends. This Saturday, I'll be at the Sheraton Futian which is walking distance from home but apparently has a decent lounge.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 8:29 am

Thank you - I just registered! The Hilton one looks like I can spend a lot at the Conrad!
Old Sep 20, 2020, 5:13 am

I understand the hotel is still quiet during the week, the mooncakes looked nice and well branded - I think you'll have a great stay and it's a good perk (as I suggested was a good decision for why to stay anywhere). Last weekend I saw that about 50% of people staying were in some form of family group, though I reckon more groups were 20+ "kids" plus 40+ parents or real kids + parents. I sat near to a nice three generation 6 person group "safely" distanced over 3 tables with 2 persons (no judgement, we're all dealing with flexible seating arrangements) enjoying the food and coming together for a photo, so you won't be alone. I think it's a great hotel and fairly funky in its layout so probably not really designed for 60+, but as long as they don't mind a yoga mat in the room I don't think they're going to feel out of place at the moment.

(and yes, I also used the AMEX spend 2400 HKD, get a 600 HKD rebate which made a good value break even better. I'd booked before this was released and will stay elsewhere too, so just nice free money)
Thanks for your detailed reply. Well I am also in the group of “20+ kids” (haha) and seems that’s not bad for bringing my 50+ parents from your comments. I was just thinking about the dates of stay, and noticed the ad of one kol regarding this package, and then the package disappeared afterwards... Just saw the new similar package, but wine instead of mooncakes, and earliest date seems to be mid Oct already (sigh) Once again a reminder for me not to think too much haha
Old Sep 20, 2020, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
You may well be. I finally returned to Shenzhen after five months in HK in the middle of August and therefore my HK staycations are curtailed. To make up for it, I'm going to try out some of Shenzhen's hotels over these dreary weekends. This Saturday, I'll be at the Sheraton Futian which is walking distance from home but apparently has a decent lounge.
I would much prefer Sheraton Nanshan which has a marvellous club lounge. (Not elaborating here as it shd be in another page~)
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by lsquare
I totally agree with you on CY Shatin. Amazing value for the money, but it's in Shatin...
My first visit to this property was two months after they opened, since then I've had five stays, all with great results. It's not a long walk to an MTR station, but it's time consuming to get to Central, etc. There's not much to do/see/eat by the hotel, unfortunately.

But if budget is an issue, it is indeed amazing value for the money.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I’m now a single hotel away from completing my Hong Kong Marriott flush (14 hotels, 15 if you include the Towers) for this year. Hotels are now getting a lot busier, which has led to two things for me: now I’m booking packages with freebies rather than bare rooms, and room upgrades have been a lot rarer, I’ve removed my COVID-19 impact comments, as for most hotels this seems to be the new normal now.

Ovolo Southside: strikes me as another great value hotel similar to the Courtyard Shatin.

Rate: Came with a HKD 500 credit, access to social hour (2-3 hours of free booze and fried nibbles) for about 1100 HKD and 24 hour room
Room: Nothing special, but modern, good view over the MTR and sports field
Food: Had an excellent dinner at Komune (hotel restaurant with a nice outdoor area) that cost us a few dollars over our credit amount. Breakfast was ordered from a menu and didn’t seem to be a limit to the number you could order. Both food menus were good quality and were served in a buzzy / hip atmosphere with friendly staff. I’d eat at this place again if I was in the area
Overall: We left in the morning on the MTR after a pleasant stay of free drink and plenty of food, for a relatively small amount of cash. Felt like good value, but there isn’t much to do in the area except for visiting Ocean Park or perhaps (at a push) going to Aberdeen. We ran into friends eating at Komune on their way back from a junk

Renaissance Harbourview: Reasonable hotel

Rate: Romance rate that came with a cheap bottle of sparkling wine, welcome cake (delicious), fruit and B&B with room service in the morning (not taken up) and a guaranteed upgrade to a habourview
Room:No upgrade, just got the harbour view but it was a nice full view and clear windows. Nothing special
Lounge: The lounge on the ~40th floor reopened but suffering severe constraints, so the hotel has opened space in the lobby with the same alcohol/food on offer, but no view. There were scheduled times for a maximum of an hour-long stay, but this didn’t seem to be enforced. We were forced to go downstairs but it was very depressing and honestly the food/alcohol choice was fairly basic, so we left after on drink
Food: At dinner at Dynasty, very high quality Cantonese food, high class service and even better, 30% off for Titanium’s (done at check-out). Breakfast was a bit of a free-for-all, with no view in the buffet , but a good quality selection, egg chef, noodle chefs etc
Overall: a solid place that has pretty much recovered to where it was pre-COVID. It just strikes me as a middle of the road hotel that I’d choose based on price, recognising it isn’t that close to the MTR nor is it a destination in its own right

Sheraton Towers: Not worth it

So I blame IluvSQ … I’ve previously moaned about my “worse” stay to date being at the Sheraton in room 1444, comments were made about “The towers” is like a whole separate first class hotel. As such I spent a Saturday night here in a Towers room that was double the price of a room in the base hotel, and was upgraded to a Harbour view. The hotel platinum lounge has reopened (is tiny and not really worth a visit), but the Towers lounge and many restaurants are still closed

Rate: A romance package with the same cheap sparking wine as the Renaissance, a few fruit / chocolates, but no welcome cake. Took a while to arrive after we checked-in, but was a nice “freebie”. However it was ~1000HKD more than the basic room in the normal hotel
Room: Large and with a good harbour view, bathroom had a bath (good thing), tiny toiletries, and custom wrapped bathrobes
Lounge: Too small, basically like 4 rooms merged together, very odd set-up, with some side-views of the harbour, I see why there were comments about it being the worst in the network. Pre COVID it would have been a problem, in the modern times (when other hotels have moved the lounge into larger open spaces, and noting that the Sheraton has lots of closed restaurants) is a shame. I was told the Towers lounge was closed a day before I arrived (rate had two day cancellation policy…)
Food: Most restaurants are still closed, or operating partial hours. The breakfast was like a cheap hotel with a good selection but only marginally better quality than normal. Shown best by the breakfast offering a juice choice of orange or apple… more like a Courtyard than a full service hotel. Credit to the sausages that were wholesome and tasty though 😊
Overall: You are basically staying at the Sheraton with a larger (if emptier) room. Not worth the upgrade during COVID times in the least, save your money and avoid. In hindsight whilst my rate was ~2100HKD, there was a 1600HKD rate with a guaranteed suite upgrade in the normal hotel that would have been better, the wine can’t have cost more than 50HKD at wholesale prices.

My final stay at the Courtyard Sheung Wan will follow in the next couple of weeks with a final perspective.
lsquare, ftrichard and xexs like this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:32 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
I’m now a single hotel away from completing my Hong Kong Marriott flush (14 hotels, 15 if you include the Towers) for this year. Hotels are now getting a lot busier, which has led to two things for me: now I’m booking packages with freebies rather than bare rooms, and room upgrades have been a lot rarer, I’ve removed my COVID-19 impact comments, as for most hotels this seems to be the new normal now.

Ovolo Southside: strikes me as another great value hotel similar to the Courtyard Shatin.

Rate: Came with a HKD 500 credit, access to social hour (2-3 hours of free booze and fried nibbles) for about 1100 HKD and 24 hour room
Room: Nothing special, but modern, good view over the MTR and sports field
Food: Had an excellent dinner at Komune (hotel restaurant with a nice outdoor area) that cost us a few dollars over our credit amount. Breakfast was ordered from a menu and didn’t seem to be a limit to the number you could order. Both food menus were good quality and were served in a buzzy / hip atmosphere with friendly staff. I’d eat at this place again if I was in the area
Overall: We left in the morning on the MTR after a pleasant stay of free drink and plenty of food, for a relatively small amount of cash. Felt like good value, but there isn’t much to do in the area except for visiting Ocean Park or perhaps (at a push) going to Aberdeen. We ran into friends eating at Komune on their way back from a junk

Renaissance Harbourview: Reasonable hotel

Rate: Romance rate that came with a cheap bottle of sparkling wine, welcome cake (delicious), fruit and B&B with room service in the morning (not taken up) and a guaranteed upgrade to a habourview
Room:No upgrade, just got the harbour view but it was a nice full view and clear windows. Nothing special
Lounge: The lounge on the ~40th floor reopened but suffering severe constraints, so the hotel has opened space in the lobby with the same alcohol/food on offer, but no view. There were scheduled times for a maximum of an hour-long stay, but this didn’t seem to be enforced. We were forced to go downstairs but it was very depressing and honestly the food/alcohol choice was fairly basic, so we left after on drink
Food: At dinner at Dynasty, very high quality Cantonese food, high class service and even better, 30% off for Titanium’s (done at check-out). Breakfast was a bit of a free-for-all, with no view in the buffet , but a good quality selection, egg chef, noodle chefs etc
Overall: a solid place that has pretty much recovered to where it was pre-COVID. It just strikes me as a middle of the road hotel that I’d choose based on price, recognising it isn’t that close to the MTR nor is it a destination in its own right

Sheraton Towers: Not worth it

So I blame IluvSQ … I’ve previously moaned about my “worse” stay to date being at the Sheraton in room 1444, comments were made about “The towers” is like a whole separate first class hotel. As such I spent a Saturday night here in a Towers room that was double the price of a room in the base hotel, and was upgraded to a Harbour view. The hotel platinum lounge has reopened (is tiny and not really worth a visit), but the Towers lounge and many restaurants are still closed

Rate: A romance package with the same cheap sparking wine as the Renaissance, a few fruit / chocolates, but no welcome cake. Took a while to arrive after we checked-in, but was a nice “freebie”. However it was ~1000HKD more than the basic room in the normal hotel
Room: Large and with a good harbour view, bathroom had a bath (good thing), tiny toiletries, and custom wrapped bathrobes
Lounge: Too small, basically like 4 rooms merged together, very odd set-up, with some side-views of the harbour, I see why there were comments about it being the worst in the network. Pre COVID it would have been a problem, in the modern times (when other hotels have moved the lounge into larger open spaces, and noting that the Sheraton has lots of closed restaurants) is a shame. I was told the Towers lounge was closed a day before I arrived (rate had two day cancellation policy…)
Food: Most restaurants are still closed, or operating partial hours. The breakfast was like a cheap hotel with a good selection but only marginally better quality than normal. Shown best by the breakfast offering a juice choice of orange or apple… more like a Courtyard than a full service hotel. Credit to the sausages that were wholesome and tasty though 😊
Overall: You are basically staying at the Sheraton with a larger (if emptier) room. Not worth the upgrade during COVID times in the least, save your money and avoid. In hindsight whilst my rate was ~2100HKD, there was a 1600HKD rate with a guaranteed suite upgrade in the normal hotel that would have been better, the wine can’t have cost more than 50HKD at wholesale prices.

My final stay at the Courtyard Sheung Wan will follow in the next couple of weeks with a final perspective.
Thanks for posting these reviews. Really helpful.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Having stayed at most of the marriots's in HK, I would have to say:

W Hotel: First stay was a disaster, leaking bathroom fixtures, 2 singles when paid for a queen, obviously no upgrade as a Plat. 2nd stay, was comp upgraded to one of the top suites to make up for the first stay, enjoyed the entire hotel and room. Would Stay at again.

JW Marriott: Only 2 stays here, but as a plat got a suite upgrade both times for single night stays. Didnt get to experience much of the hotel as was work trips, but enjoyed the giant bath tubs.

Ritz: Only 1 stay, was upgraded to a Corner Suite with a fantastic harbour view as a Titanium, loved the stay and the hotel.

Sky City: Interestingly enough my favorite hotel in HK, and the one with by far the most stays for me. Almost always upgraded to a suite, and have always enjoyed the staff and lounge.

Sheraton TST: Only 1 stay, was very much meh besides the location.

Mira Moon CWB: One stay here, was... interesting decour. Good staff/rooms for the price and location.

The Mira: Love this hotel + location, 3/3 for suite upgrades as a titanium, and a great walkable location.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Having stayed at most of the marriots's in HK, I would have to say:

W Hotel: First stay was a disaster, leaking bathroom fixtures, 2 singles when paid for a queen, obviously no upgrade as a Plat. 2nd stay, was comp upgraded to one of the top suites to make up for the first stay, enjoyed the entire hotel and room. Would Stay at again.

JW Marriott: Only 2 stays here, but as a plat got a suite upgrade both times for single night stays. Didnt get to experience much of the hotel as was work trips, but enjoyed the giant bath tubs.

Ritz: Only 1 stay, was upgraded to a Corner Suite with a fantastic harbour view as a Titanium, loved the stay and the hotel.

Sky City: Interestingly enough my favorite hotel in HK, and the one with by far the most stays for me. Almost always upgraded to a suite, and have always enjoyed the staff and lounge.

Sheraton TST: Only 1 stay, was very much meh besides the location.

Mira Moon CWB: One stay here, was... interesting decour. Good staff/rooms for the price and location.

The Mira: Love this hotel + location, 3/3 for suite upgrades as a titanium, and a great walkable location.
I've never had any luck with suite upgrades at Mira TST, but have only been Platinum when staying previously. I also noticed that suits don't seem to be for sale on the website recently - have they shuttered those or are they just fully booked, I wonder?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.