Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Club Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Ritz Carlton Club Worth it?

Hi all, I search online on google and on FT about the benefits of club level room an access and I couldnt find anything other than club food and better room.

Is it justifyable to pay for Club level?

At the Ritz Naples the nights are $799 and the Club level are $1,399 is it worth $700 per night?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:12 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
The lounge will give you a nice quiet place to relax in and some nice food/beverage offerings throughout the day.

Is it worth $700? Not for me, but I guess if you have more money than you know what to do with (and just can't find enough places to spend it at), then maybe.

I do know the Cayman RC offered to upgrade me from a basic room to a club room for $200/night a few years ago (but I didn't want to spend even that.) And I think there have been a few other threads here where that seems closer to the norm (versus $700/night.)

A couple of options:
  1. Can you get the RC Credit Card? If so, I think it comes with a few club upgrade certs. I don't know if they would be usable for your rate or not, but if so, one annual fee would get you the club level for your stay. A much cheaper alternative.
  2. If you are willing to take a chance, wait until you check-in and see if you can get an upgrade to a club room (i.e a paid upgrade for maybe $200 or so per night.) If they still have club rooms available when you check-in, they might be willing to work a deal with you.
  3. You could always call the hotel directly and try to talk with a manager to see if they might have some other (less expensive) options. I have no idea if they would work with you or not, but it couldn't hurt to ask.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the reply.

I do have the ritz CC and I was considering using one but the problem was the ritz itselft at $700 a night compared to a hotel next to it at $500 a night. So I will be paying $200 more to get to the ritz club... Is it like a regular hotel club? I ve been to waldorf astoria, marriott, sheratons and le meridien clubs and they are really good but... $30 good
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
is it worth $700 per night?
Not to me.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Thanks for the reply.

I do have the ritz CC and I was considering using one but the problem was the ritz itselft at $700 a night compared to a hotel next to it at $500 a night. So I will be paying $200 more to get to the ritz club... Is it like a regular hotel club? I ve been to waldorf astoria, marriott, sheratons and le meridien clubs and they are really good but... $30 good
No, the ritz club lounges are MUCH nicer, but I'm not sure $200+/ night nicer. But I guess it's matter of personal preference. At $100/nt, it's a no-brainer for me to pull the trigger. Ymmv.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
The Ritz Carlton Naples is the most overpriced of all those in Florida from room rates to food and beverage.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:45 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I've never had the pleasure of staying in a club room at an RC, but from the posts here, they are nice and the food is much better than what you will find in any FS Marriott lounge.

Here is the description of the RC Club level from the RC website: Ritz Carlton Club Level
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Try your friendly travel agent who might have some bennies to move you up.

I like the club but not for that amount.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Thanks for the reply.

I'd strongly argue against that most Marriott FS lounges are worth $30 these days...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: Free Agent
Thanks for the reply.

The hotel by itself is worth the cost difference, if you are able to get a club upgrade using you CC it is a no brainer. If you are spending lots of time at the hotel then you can great value out of club, between breakfast, lunch, snacks and alcoholic drinks. Plus club upgrades comes with other perks like having you clothes pressed daily etc. I have stayed at this property in non-club level and had a wonderful time.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:09 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by joshua362
I'd strongly argue against that most Marriott FS lounges are worth $30 these days...
If your talking about squeezing out $30.00 a day in the lounge. It is highly possible. As long as its not a weekend. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in any city will cost more than $30.00.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by t1c
squeezing out $30.00 a day in the lounge
A very debatable goal.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your feedback! I ended up choosing the W Fort Laurderdale on a corner suite.

I will gladly pay $30 for breakfast and dinner at a club but not $200 or $700. I am planning to return to the ritz naples on low season ($250) a night and apply the ritz credit card upgrade!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
The club level at the Rtiz in Tokyo was the best hotel experience i have had. From checking in at the lounge with champagne and outstanding views, to the service from the concierge, to the food presentations it was simply amazing. Value wise isnt want makes it, it is the experience imo.

Having said that, i used points for my stay and since it was a once in a lifetime trip it was worth the $150 to pay up.

Would i pay $700? no. Would i pay $150 again if i stayed there? Likely not. But it comes down to what its worth to you?

Like someone said, seems the better route would be to get the ritz credit card if you are going to do it.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:59 am

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
If you're using the certs that come with the CC, then yes, assuming you're not privy to a lower corporate rate. For $400 you can get the Ritz CC with 3 certs and $300 airline incidental reimbursement, and the card is steel.

My cousin was the former Marketing VP for Ritz, so he got me into a ton of different clubs for free. Marina Del Rey and Dallas were crap. Singapore, Tokyo, and Hong Kong were amazing. SF and LA Live were OK. Think of it this way: You and your guest can get breakfast, snacks, and drinks in the club for a ~$200-300 (in some cases, $700) room rate increase, which would be point earning, or spend that same money in the restaurant/room service and not get points (Ritz earns on room rate only). As much of a points wh*re that I am, I always pick the latter, even if my company is willing to pay the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.