Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Boscola Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection - France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Just noticed on the Marriott website this hotel has opened. Category 9. Located on Boulevard Victor Hugo.

"Located in the heart of Nice, within walking distance from the famous promenade des Anglais, ideal for shopping and close to main tourist attractions. Our bedrooms with elegant white furnishings, provides elegance, comfort and ease for an enchanting stay.The beautiful & Luxury SPA, designed by Simone Micheli, 500 m2 dedicated for your relaxation and well-being. BEACH, during the summer, guests have at their disposal a reserved area of the famous RUHL PLAGE."

http://news.marriott.com/2015/03/aut...ue-hotels.html

Cheers.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Just back from a 3 night stay at the hotel.

First time at a Boscolo, fun for a change of pace from the normal Marriott/Renaissance experience.

Had a very enjoyable stay:

-Reserved a superior room and was upgraded to deluxe (1 category) prior to check in

-At check in advised our assigned room was vacant but not cleaned yet, offered other rooms in deluxe category but the desk clerk (who was great!) suggested the room we were assigned was worth waiting for - and it was!

-Rooms on the front of the hotel have small balconies or Juliet style balconies on floor 1-3, while floor 4 has actual terraces. Our room was 418 and it was fantastic - corner room with balcony/terrace on both sides. Very spacious and bright.

-windows/french doors clearly double pane as they blocked out most noise, so being on street side wasn't an issue for us. A particularly loud garbage truck did wake me up once. Some rooms do seem to have an interior view if noise is an issue.

-Given complimentary full breakfast buffet daily (as platinum) for both of us in the room. Nice spread that you could eat in the dining room or take out onto the patio bar area in front of the hotel. Meats/cheeses (very good)/eggs/fruit (cut kiwi/melon/pineapple)/excellent breads/pastry/champagne. On a long weekend, so took the buffet instead of the 750 pts over the weekend and well worth it.

-Hotel halfway between the train station and the beach/promenade. A solid 10 minute walk to either, through very charming areas. About 10-15 minutes into the heart of the old town area, great restaurants abound.

-Took the bus to the hotel. Bus 98 to Promenade/Congres - much cheaper than a cab but honestly a hassle. They don't announce or even display the stops, so you have to pay very close attention and count how many (unannounced) bus shelters you pass. Took a cab back to the airport, about 25 euro before tip.

-they have a spa in the basement with a fun indoor pool (complete with jets and fountains). Free to access the facilities as a guest

Overall had a great stay. The Boscolo design seems to emphasize funky, sometimes to the detriment of function. But loved it, perfect for a holiday trip.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the detailed trip report! Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Thanks for the review. Wife and I will be staying there for three nights on points Aprile 6-9th. Plan on asking for room 418 and hope the perks are the same on points as with $.
35 euro for parking is pretty steep!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Boscolo Exedra Nice France

Boscolo Exedra

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Boscolo Exedra

12 Boulevard Victor Hugo Nice, FR 06000

Boscolo Exedra Nice France (0 Photo)

Boscolo Exedra

Just completed a 5 night’s stay at the Boscolo Exedra Nice.  I have seen some reviews where people complained about the construction noise, but thankfully we were upgraded based on my Platinum Premier and had no issues.   Alexis in Guest Relations was extremely helpful with sightseeing planning and restaurants and was just wonderful.  A few notes: 

1. We had a 6:25AM flight home and we could not order a taxi so we order and to pay for a private car (not cheap 55 Euros).  Just a note for you early travelers so be prepared this is NOT a hotel issue but a Nice taxi issue
  2. The train is an easy walk as is taking the 15 bus (Thanks Alexis for the directions) to museums. 
  3. Lots of great places to eat nearby along with the hotel restaurant La Pescheria

Remember this is Nice not the USA.  If you from the USA are foreigners and do not expect everyone to act like it is this USA even though they try very hard to.  I am very glad we stayed here. Thanks to everyone on staff.

Boscolo Exedra Nice France

Would you like to write a review on the Boscolo Exedra?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent experiences with the construction issues? We have a midweek stay planned mid February. Additional hotel info/tips appreciated as well. I am Platinum. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Considering this hotel for an upcoming October stay. (Versus some non-marriott property closer to the water).

Any recent comments?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Stayed there in Oct 15 and left the next day. Construction noise was a bit much for me and moved the LM near the water. I like water so would recommend somewhere near water. The staff were not so great, but manager was nice.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:50 am
Original Poster

It's just a guess, but the construction might be done 2 years later...

Cheers.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's just a guess, but the construction might be done 2 years later...

Cheers.
I had a stay there about 3 weeks ago, May 10th, and the construction is still going strong. They're building a train station out front, so its a total mess on that street.

If you are taking a taxi/uber to the hotel and not from around Nice, it'll be an adventure to get to the front of the hotel. They have blocked the streets around that area, and made it to a one way. Our Uber driver from Cannes, didn't know how to navigate the blocked streets to get to the front of the hotel. Drove around and around trying to find the entrance for about 10 minutes, and just ended up dropping us off couple blocks off and we walked to the entrance.

As for the noise level, it didn't really bother us, but we were usually out of the hotel during the construction times, and by the time we got back to the hotel, the construction has stopped. So if you are usually out and about during 9am-7pm, then don't let the construction impact your stay.

For myself, I would not stay at this hotel again. Not because of the noise level of the construction, but just how the hotel itself is layed out. I hated the shower in the middle of the living space. Not for the privacy issues, but when showering water would spill out to the floors. It got so bad that, after a shower, there would be puddles of water all the way to the bed area. And we were trying to be careful with the waterheads to not spray water against the walls.
Another thing I didn't like is the interior decor, its a personal taste, but I didn't like how sterile it felt, everything is all white, felt like staying in a hospital. Then the opposite out in the hallway, its so dark, there were no lights in the hallway, except for a small strip of lights on the floor.

The good thing for the hotel is the location, very central to much of Nice.
Plus the service level from the staff is top notch. However, all these does not change how terrible the hotel layout is. Some folks may like it, but its not for me.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Hyatt Palais de la Méditerranée it is then
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Commie
I had a stay there about 3 weeks ago, May 10th, and the construction is still going strong. They're building a train station out front, so its a total mess on that street.
Well that's a whole different ballgame. I thought it was some building next door. Did the hotel say when the train station construction was due to be done? (which in fairness is out of the hotel's control).

Cheers.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone stayed here on points? Husband booked us here instead of the AC due to free breakfast for Gold members, but he was charged a 85€ per night fee for a points booking (not points & cash). I'll check in with him tonight when we get home but just trying to get a feel if this is standard for this property.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

There should be no fee for a points booking. Sounds like a standard room wasn't available & he got an upgrade fee?

Cheers.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There should be no fee for a points booking. Sounds like a standard room wasn't available & he got an upgrade fee?

Cheers.
you called it, that's exactly what happened! We are booked at the AC now, and hoping we can switch if the Standard room opens up without the surcharge. Either way, getting excited for our trip. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.