FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boscola Exedra Nice, Autograph Collection - France [Master Thread]
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:15 am
Commie

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's just a guess, but the construction might be done 2 years later...

Cheers.
I had a stay there about 3 weeks ago, May 10th, and the construction is still going strong. They're building a train station out front, so its a total mess on that street.

If you are taking a taxi/uber to the hotel and not from around Nice, it'll be an adventure to get to the front of the hotel. They have blocked the streets around that area, and made it to a one way. Our Uber driver from Cannes, didn't know how to navigate the blocked streets to get to the front of the hotel. Drove around and around trying to find the entrance for about 10 minutes, and just ended up dropping us off couple blocks off and we walked to the entrance.

As for the noise level, it didn't really bother us, but we were usually out of the hotel during the construction times, and by the time we got back to the hotel, the construction has stopped. So if you are usually out and about during 9am-7pm, then don't let the construction impact your stay.

For myself, I would not stay at this hotel again. Not because of the noise level of the construction, but just how the hotel itself is layed out. I hated the shower in the middle of the living space. Not for the privacy issues, but when showering water would spill out to the floors. It got so bad that, after a shower, there would be puddles of water all the way to the bed area. And we were trying to be careful with the waterheads to not spray water against the walls.
Another thing I didn't like is the interior decor, its a personal taste, but I didn't like how sterile it felt, everything is all white, felt like staying in a hospital. Then the opposite out in the hallway, its so dark, there were no lights in the hallway, except for a small strip of lights on the floor.

The good thing for the hotel is the location, very central to much of Nice.
Plus the service level from the staff is top notch. However, all these does not change how terrible the hotel layout is. Some folks may like it, but its not for me.