Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The rooms are not that different really although the outside facing club rooms can be much larger.
I don't believe they're "much" larger. They're really just a few square meters bigger, and have a small loveseat. You can see the difference from the exterior of the hotel - the exterior facing club rooms have a small jut out over the rooms on the floor below; this is where the couch is. But other than that, they're all identical.

As for lounge amenities that others have mentioned, other than the really nice staff, I've found it fair at best the last few times. Breakfast is fine, although on departure day I always skip it in favor of the airport lounge. Evening is just beer and wine, no spirits, and a fair selection of munchies, although usually just carbs and nothing significant.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by SAN-man
As for lounge amenities that others have mentioned, other than the really nice staff, I've found it fair at best the last few times. Breakfast is fine, although on departure day I always skip it in favor of the airport lounge. Evening is just beer and wine, no spirits, and a fair selection of munchies, although usually just carbs and nothing significant.
I agree with the poster... the lounge fare in the evening is very ordinary and the breakfast only slightly better.

When I am headed to LHR in the morning I always skip the breakfast in the Lounge and head for the BA first class lounge that does a very nice sit down breakfast.

On the weekends the lounge I have found the lounge closed for breakfast... and the restaurant breakfast is better but I still prefer going to the airport lounge.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: SPG LTPlat ANA Plat
You are joking aren't you? You have never been to the Harlington Tandoori which is about 6 minutes walk away?
hen I stayed there they called to an Indian restaurant that sent a courtesy car to pick me up.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm at Skyline now and have to report that the minute I got to my Club Floor room, I fell asleep, lulled by the AC & a fan they lent me. After 4 nights in London with no AC, this is a palace!

The club served some friend pasta tonight (not quite sure what it was) but had great selections of sweets, chips, fruit, etc. I particularly love the tiny Schweppes bottles of Bitter Lemon.

I wish this property (and its cheaper rates) were in London. I had a junior suite at the Park Lane but with no AC it was, sad to say, a rough stay for me. (And for the MANY people complaining and demanding points and free internet, etc. at the front desk.) I find Skyline to be a great place, and next year I plan to stay both my 1st and last nights here. All I do the 1st day is sleep or shop anyway, so it'd save me $.

I am curious about the club lounge, though. At check in I was told that it remained open for people to get water or sodas, etc., much like the other Sheratons. But the nice lady was asking people to ready to leave at about 10:15pm. With this being an airport hotel, I think it should remain open for the guests whose internal time clocks are off. BUT, it's only closed until 630am so I'll survive.

Either way, I had the most sleep I've had in a week just taking a nap here this afternoon. Air conditioning is something many Americans take for granted, especially if a hotel's website claims to have it. I'm just happy that this hotel DOES have cold air coming out of the vents. I'm happy this hotel exists and am impressed by the kind front desk employees. If I'd had THIS room in London, my trip would've been much easier and much more fruitful.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
usually just carbs
The evening lounge offerings last week included grilled chicken skewers, spinach tartlets, canapés featuring salmon, cream cheese, chicken, beetroot etc, fresh fruit, so not really "just carbs" at all.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I don't believe they're "much" larger. They're really just a few square meters bigger, and have a small loveseat. You can see the difference from the exterior of the hotel - the exterior facing club rooms have a small jut out over the rooms on the floor below; this is where the couch is. But other than that, they're all identical.

The rooms at the front of the property are significantly larger than some of the others at side. Most of the externally facing rooms though are quite a few square metres bigger albeit there are some fairly small externally facing rooms.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The evening lounge offerings last week included grilled chicken skewers, spinach tartlets, canapés featuring salmon, cream cheese, chicken, beetroot etc, fresh fruit, so not really "just carbs" at all.
Ok, fair point on "mostly," but I stand by the intent of my post, which is that it is largely just snacks and there is often nothing filling enough to make a meal from. I was there 3 nights 2 weeks ago; on one night they had steak skewers, but the other nights it was an assortment of chips, crackers, mini quiches that were 90% pastry and 10% filling, toasts with a tiny portion of salami, etc.

The rooms at the front of the property are significantly larger than some of the others at side. Most of the externally facing rooms though are quite a few square metres bigger albeit there are some fairly small externally facing rooms.
I've never bothered measuring, but I still don't believe this to be true, that they are significantly larger. In fact, spg.com lists the range as not being more than about 3-4m. I don't view that to be a significant difference. The hotel is largely pretty uniform.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat

I've never bothered measuring, but I still don't believe this to be true, that they are significantly larger. In fact, spg.com lists the range as not being more than about 3-4m. I don't view that to be a significant difference. The hotel is largely pretty uniform.
You have obviously not been unlucky enough to get one of the really small rooms then.

There is a big difference between largest and smallest rooms on the 3rd floor.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:57 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I wouldn't do this myself but if the bus is quiet it shouldn't be too painful. Storage space on most normal London buses is very limited.
I and many people do this all the time. The Hoppa is a ripoff meant to fleece tourists.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:58 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
It's £4.50 per person each way. If you have intl cell service, Uber X is only £6 to/from the Skyline and significantly faster. If you don't, at least use it from the hotel on the lobby wifi.
Or better yet, take the free public buses.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
At my three last visits, there has been WiFi problems: getting the connection to work at all, speed and numerous shut-downs. Met a guy in the lounge complaining about it, said nobody wanted to confirm they had problems. Adressing this at check-out I was told that the had no complaints regarding WiFi

Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
and the breakfast only slightly better.
Unless things change a lot since two years ago I was there, I thought their club lounge breakfast and selections were one of the best CL breakfast I've ever had. Especially love their version of bacon, which is more like a Canadian bacon/ham here.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by nazca8
Unless things change a lot since two years ago I was there, I thought their club lounge breakfast and selections were one of the best CL breakfast I've ever had. Especially love their version of bacon, which is more like a Canadian bacon/ham here.
The standard Skyline club lounge breakfast is sausages, scrambled egg, hard boiled eggs, cold meat cuts, cheeses, smoked salmon, trout & mackerel, yoghurts, fresh and preserved fruit, cereals, pastries and breads.

There hasn't been any bacon on offer on any of my stays in the last year.

And the wifi worked fine for me this week.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 15, 2014 at 7:25 am
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
There hasn't been any bacon on offer on any of my stays in the last year.
That's too bad that they took away the bacon from the breakfast menu and made it a pretty standard CL breakfast. Still enjoyed the view of the airports from there tho.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Upgrade chance for Gold?

We plan on staying here for one night, a Saturday at the end of December. I've booked the night with points. I would have considered staying in central London but there are no C+P deals and I'm having a hard time justifying 20,000 points a night for a room we'll need to leave early to get to the airport.

I only have Starwood Gold status, but does anyone have an idea of my chances of getting upgraded to a Club Room? I've had pretty good luck in the past at other Starwood properties. Sometimes we've been given it for free, sometimes for points or a fee. If there's an upcharge, any idea what that might be?

Finally any decent pubs or restaurants within walking distance for dinner?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.