Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:52 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by vanabb
I would choose the Le Meridien instead. It's just as close, has a pool and a better breakfast. Rates may be similar?
I did consider LM but at 152EUR I'll stick with Aloft I don't need the extra luxury this time.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 6:14 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Review update

Aloft Stuttgart

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Aloft Stuttgart

Heilbronner Straße 70 Stuttgart, DE 70191

Review update (7 Photos)

Aloft Stuttgart

Check In

Check-in was done through the Marriott app 48h before the actual date. Was upgraded from Urban King to Breezy King, basically just a high floor room.

The key card was ready, just had to sign some papers and some COVID form as well. The digital key was not ready yet, it was available on the app 10-15min after. It works fine but I still find it tedious compared to the physical card. Otherwise, it was quick and painless. They askes whether I wanted any housekeeping during my stay (3 nights). I declined all housekeeping.

Room

The room is just a basic Aloft standard room. Very similar to any other Aloft. Maybe a tad smaller than the ones in Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok for example. But enough for one. There is a desk with a chair, that was something I made sure they had, as I had to work from the room for 2 days.

I posted pics so that it's easier to see what's in it. There is a mini fridge with a complimentary bottle of water. As welcome amenity, I a TWIX chocolate bar and a bottle of local cola drink. But you need a bottle opener for those and there is none in the room.... strange choice.

No coffee machines anymore in the room due to COVID.... so all coffee and teas are free and available all day long at the lobby "bar" next to the reception.

Shower is big with good water pressure and hot water. Bliss products still on.

The view was nice, over the residential area and the top of the Stadtbibliothek.

IMG-4029.jpgIMG-4014.jpgIMG-4013.jpgIMG-4012.jpgIMG-4011.jpgIMG-4009.jpgIMG-4008.jpg

The hotel is in the Europaviertel, one U-Bahn stop from the main station. It will cost you EUR 2.40 to get there. There are a lot of constructions going on in the area, still in full development it seems. So to get up to the street level where the hotel entrance is, you have to take the slow elevator up or go through the Milaneo mall if it's open. Didn't find stairs, which was again strange. 

You can also walk to HB, it's pretty flat and there are elevators if needed for the last bit, if you have heavy luggage. It takes 10-15min walk depending on your pace. 

The mall is fine but nothing exciting, there's a food court with quite some choice of cuisines, with some "regular" restaurants on the ground floor with outdoors seatings if you want to avoid food court style shops.

Overall

Overall I'd come back I think, unless I want to stay closer to the old town/center. The Meridien was priced EUR 50 over the Aloft, per night, so I didn't consider it.

Dining

Breakfast is fine and is on par with what I would expect from an Aloft in Europe. Some cold cuts, cheeses, yoghurt, muesli, cereals, fruits and some croissants and bread. In the hot section, you have sausages, scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggs.

Masks on, and they make you put on disposable gloves to go through the self-service buffet.

Gym

There's a gym and it's open, you just need to tell them at check-in that you wanna use it, and they willl add the access to your card.

Review update

Would you like to write a review on the Aloft Stuttgart?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.