Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Platinum Benefits: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30661401-post132.html (breakfast is no longer offered for free at the restaurant as of late 2018)

Transit
Transit times and fare on Taipei Metro (NanGang Station on Blue Line) - Select BL22 NanGang : https://web.metro.taipei/e/TicketALLresult.asp (Taipei Song Shan Airport TSA is Station BR 13)
Bus 1843 from/to TPE Airport: http://www.kingbus.com.tw/en/ticketPriceResult.php?sid=182 / http://www.kingbus.com.tw/en/ticketPriceResult.php?sid=181
High Speed Rail (NanGang Station) - https://www.thsrc.com.tw/en/timetable/searchresult
Regular Rail (NanGang Station) - http://twtraffic.tra.gov.tw/twrail/EN_QuickSearch.aspx
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Taipei [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by runningformqm
I received a bagged breakfast at 4am for an early morning flight last December. Though I had requested it the night before. When did you request it?
I had asked the front desk agent about it. She said, "Oh I'm sorry, we don't do that anymore."
So what I did was request the fancy cupcake as the welcome gift and ate that on the way to the airport.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by frudd38
What about the upgrade as a Gold?
Gold 3 night stay; upgraded to junior suite; EL access; breakfast downstairs included; heater shut off in the hotel until it dips below to a certain degree..
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
I'll be spending lots of time in Taipei in 2018 (again) and think Im gonna give the CY a try. I really like the FS Property, but with the CY being located on the blue line it makes my commute to Yongning so much quicker. I also travel to Taichung once a week (usually) so the easy access to the HSR will work out better as well.

I will say that if this becomes my new "place" then I'm gonna miss the trusty ole "Ed's Diner" right outside the Marriott.

Appreciate everyones reviews and info.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Head
I'll be spending lots of time in Taipei in 2018 (again) and think Im gonna give the CY a try. I really like the FS Property, but with the CY being located on the blue line it makes my commute to Yongning so much quicker. I also travel to Taichung once a week (usually) so the easy access to the HSR will work out better as well.

I will say that if this becomes my new "place" then I'm gonna miss the trusty ole "Ed's Diner" right outside the Marriott.

Appreciate everyones reviews and info.
The area is not as developed as the FS Marriott but you have at least some restaurants in the Mall and also a 15-20 minute walk to the Chinatrust HQ Park (or MRT Nan-Gang Software Park on the Brown Line) where there are more restaurants. Commute-wise, it is a lot better than the FS.
Head likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Originally Posted by username
The area is not as developed as the FS Marriott but you have at least some restaurants in the Mall and also a 15-20 minute walk to the Chinatrust HQ Park (or MRT Nan-Gang Software Park on the Brown Line) where there are more restaurants. Commute-wise, it is a lot better than the FS.
Thanks. Usually after work, I'm looking for a cold Taiwan Beer and a bowl of Beef Noodle. Sounds like the Courtyard will work for me. I'm not hard to please. 😂
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Supposedly the restaurant in the hotel is pretty popular with the locals. ???? | CITYLINK ??? ? ??????????? has the restaurants in Citylink. I am not sure where a good beef noodle is other than the Zhu-Ji and the Lao-Dong in the Chinatrust park.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:04 pm

Wanted to provide a review of the property during a recent stay in December. Is the hotel located centrally in the city - No. Can you get to the city center via MRT or HSR easily - Yes. Would I stay at this property again in Taipei - Absolutely!

I had redeemed a Marriott TP and used the 7 night Cert at this property. I am a Gold member and was able to use the check in in the Executive Lounge on the 30th Floor where my room was upgraded to the executive level (floor 29) per the receptionist. Other Gold Benefits included access to the executive lounge at all times, they have happy hour from 530-730 which they serve hot food and alcoholic beverages, alcohol is left out until 930. Breakfast can be taken downstairs which includes ample of Asian and Western options (loved the waffles and panna cotta) or it could be taken in the executive lounge which they advertised as "Continental" but really it was an abbreviated buffet from the downstairs including an omelette station. The upstairs is a lot quieter vs the downstairs for breakfast.

Room look nice and are plenty big and comfortable, since this is the only high rise building in the area all rooms pretty much have a view of either the city nearby or of the lush mountains. Free parking is available and as mentioned sits atop of the Blue Line MRT Station and a HSR station (uber convenient). Of note there is also a bus terminal right underneath the hotel which can take you to Taoyuan for $110 NT.

As discussed in this thread also is the Gym where it can only be accessed by the same elevators from floors 7 - 19. Not a big deal as there was a lot of signage pointing out the directions and I found the Gym to be adequate in size and very modern.

Gym

King Size Bed

In Room Coffee & Tea

Shower

Welcome Gifts

Dining Area in the Executive Lounge

Breakfast Buffet

Having spent 7 nights at the property I felt pampered, very comfortable rooms, great service from the hotel staff, one of the nicest executive lounges available, lots of food options and free drinks included as a Gold or Plat member. As mentioned it's not in the city center but it only takes 4 stops (10 min) on the Blue Line to get to Taipei 101. I believe the same group that owns the Westin Taipei run this property as well and I just couldn't believe this was a Courtyard - could have fooled me
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
No need to add that this is a great property. The availability of basic rooms that can accommodate 4 persons for 20,000 rewards points makes it even better.
However, some additional data points for those who travel with family:
- When reserving with points children up to 11 yrs are free of charge, 12 yrs and older cost an additional TWD 600++ per night.
- Similar policy with Platinum benefits. Those are granted to two guests. Children 11 yrs and below staying in the room can also benefit free of charge. A third person 12 yrs or older will be charged additionally. We were asked to pay TWD 400++.

Nevertheless, looking at what was offered, the TWD 1000++ are quite reasonable.

I’d also like to add that at our recent one night stay we were able to check in at 11am and check out at 4pm, while being upgraded to a Deluxe Suite.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I'm here now for the 2nd consecutive year. It is 4 stops on the MRT to City Hall (not Taipei 101 station). You can walk from City Hall to Taipei 101 in about 10 minutes so its much better than taking the MRT to Taipei 101. No room upgrade, but they put me on the 30th (top) floor this time on my 5-night award. I've been alternating between the lounge & restaurant all week for breakfast. I don't like either. Selection in the lounge is poor and the taste of most of the food in either is bland. How does bacon taste bland? As I reported last year, the lounge is a playground for toddlers. We casually strolled into the 7th floor (lobby) restaurant for breakfast today at two minutes past 10:00. The girl that seated us warned us to grab some food quickly because they closed at 10. We did so as she wasn't kidding. They were taking trays away as I was trying to get a bowl of noodles. Shame on us for coming down too late. As I was eating the noodles, the girl that seated us came over and dropped off two to-go bags with sandwiches, juice boxes and a bunch of other items. Cans of Coke Light are available in the lounge, but not in the restaurant for breakfast.

The "arrival gift" in sxc234's post is actually a daily gift that is replenished, as is the Pepsi and Taiwan Beer in the minibar.

Bathroom lighting is poor.

Heater is not functional...only AC. The temperature in the room is fine for me, but my wife is cold.
Hot water is hot and cold water is cold. The shower and sink drains weren't clogged!
Lots of mainland Chinese here, but I suppose that's common throughout the city.
TV volume can't be raised past level 20 (good thing).

For the price point (80,000 points for 5 nights) the value is good.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Dec 29, 2017 at 7:38 pm Reason: Number of points
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
For the price point (120,000 points for 5 nights) the value is good.
If you paid 120k for 5 nights, then you overpaid . (unless you are referring to the FS Marriott)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by myperks
If you paid 120k for 5 nights, then you overpaid . (unless you are referring to the FS Marriott)
corrected
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, MR Plat, HH Gold, Amtrak Select, Avis Preferred Plus
Gym hours

Does anybody know if the Gym is open 24 hours? It seems the Lounge is open 6-midnight.

Planning to stay at the Courtyard after a long flight.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, MR Plat, HH Gold, Amtrak Select, Avis Preferred Plus
Stayed last week. Gym should be 24 hours.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:31 pm

Does anyone know if there is extra charge for 3rd adult staying using points? We might book more rooms if 3rd adult doesn't get to stay for free or get to use the lounge.

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.