Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MSP Airport locations & Park, Stay, n Fly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP Airport locations & Park, Stay, n Fly

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rthib
I know it is not exactly what you are asking but thought I would add.
In winters in MSP, I hated parking my car at airport because of cost and cold.
Then I discovered I could rent a one-way car from my local Hertz for about $20.
So for much cheaper than parking: I got to leave my car in the garage and got a nice warm car when I returned.

Something to think about.
Interesting thought....I could see the HLE to MSP being cheap....but could NOT see the return rental from MSP being cheap at all. Howd you do it?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For more money, you can use the airport's indoor valet parking garage in the basement of Terminal 1. I don't know whether there's valet parking at Terminal 2 as I haven't flown from there since it was the international arrivals terminal (hut) and even then, I used taxis after an overseas flight rather than attempting to drive when I'm tired and jet lagged.

The general ramps attached to the terminals offer some protection to the vehicle in winter if you're not forced to park on the roof deck. If you're not away for long, general parking right at the airport is not prohibitively expensive and can be very quick and convenient. Just don't assume that you can get a space during spring break time.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Interesting thought....I could see the HLE to MSP being cheap....but could NOT see the return rental from MSP being cheap at all. Howd you do it?
With my corporate rate, rarely much over $30.

For a while the Delta CDP was cheap too.
USAA, AAA similar and sometime the pay ahead rate.
MSP seems to have very random rates.

At $22/day parking even $50 is good if you are gone a week and I rarely see more than that.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To add to this thread, there's a new JW right at the Mall Of America, which has its own light rail station. I'm not sure about the parking arrangements there, although they seem to offer valet, but it's a higher end property with light rail service to/from MSP. I'm also not sure whether they offer an airport shuttle.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:52 am

FWIW, it's my understanding that the Airport SHS due to overwhelming demand no longer offers the stand alone parking option. You must book and pay the Park and Fly rate with cash.

We've used the stand alone option many times and were disappointed to see it cancelled. As for the new JW they have a daily parking fee for staying in the hotel.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To add to this thread, there's a new JW right at the Mall Of America, which has its own light rail station. I'm not sure about the parking arrangements there, although they seem to offer valet, but it's a higher end property with light rail service to/from MSP. I'm also not sure whether they offer an airport shuttle.
That's a lot of 'I'm not sure''s when offering up a suggestion. A quick check of the hotel's website provides this information:

* This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
* On-site parking, fee: 15 USD daily
* Valet parking, fee: 25 USD daily
* Event Parking: Valet $10; Self-parking $10.
* Restaurant Patrons: Valet $10; Self-parking 3 hours complimentary

The bus station & light rail are .4/mile from the property.

Here's a link for the light rail:

http://www.metrotransit.org/ride-light-rail

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.