Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Grand Hills, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa, Broumana, Lebanon [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:18 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Starwood shows a luxury property to open in Lebanon in early May. Does anyone have any knowledge as to whether it will open on schedule?

The hotel is shown to be a 45 minute drive from the heart of Beirut. What is the benefit of this location as opposed to being in the city?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:06 pm

Pretty obvious as mentioned on the page this hotel is in the mountains above Beirut. So you are in the countryside rather than in the city with all pros and cons. Secondly the difference between Beirut City and the nearby mountains regarding climate is fascinating. During the hot months it is very refreshing uphill and during winter you can sometimes sunbathing in Beirut and after a 1 hour drive skiing in the Cedar mountains.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
For those of us who want to escape the heat and humidity of the city, Broumana is an obvious choice. I, personally, don't escape that much from the city during the summer months (it starts to heat up in June and can last all the way up to late September/early October) Now whether the project is "on schedule" really remains to be "seen".
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:18 am
Company Representative, Grand Hills, Lebanon

Grand Hills welcome

Dear All,

Thank you for the lovely words for Grand Hills. The hotel will open on May 3rd. As said, it's now a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa part of Starwood Hotels.

It's a fabled escape in a luxury premises along with indigenous experiences and only 15 minutes from the coast. The hotel is set in picturesque pinewood featuring a world class SPA and Gym.

Please allow me to invite you to www.grandhillshotel.com
P.S. the website will be ready within 2 months.

Rami Chebaby
Marketing Manager
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Welcome to FlyerTalk, ramichebaby. We're happy to have you here to answer questions about the hotel.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

The hotel website now shows the property opening June 15, 2015.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:36 am

Any experiences from this property?
Looks super lux from the website!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Any experiences staying at the Luxury Collection Grand Hills, Broumana as a Titainum member? How's breakfast? What's the price range for the various restaurants and bars?

I've requested an upgrade with suite night awards and am hoping for a really good experience.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:02 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Pat Plus
Any experiences staying at the Luxury Collection Grand Hills, Broumana as a Titainum member? How's breakfast? What's the price range for the various restaurants and bars?

I've requested an upgrade with suite night awards and am hoping for a really good experience.
I hadn't even noticed there was a Luxury Collection property there! I will be most interested to see what you think.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:32 pm

Anyone been there and care to share experience? I'm going next year and am looking to stay at this property (Platinum).
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This one has just been delisted from Marriott's directory and the website taken down. The hotel's Facebook page shows a new logo [albeit retaining the Grand Hills name as before it joined LC] as of January 24th... so it's safe to assume it's been deflagged. We're now down to Four Points Le Verdun as the sole Marriott property in Lebanon.

khabah
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:22 pm

As of February 1, 2020, Grand Hills, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa will no longer be managed by Marriott International and the hotel will no longer be part of The Luxury Collection brand portfolio. Please note that reservations for dates on or after the set date will not be eligible for Marriott Bonvoy Travel Program benefits, award redemption or accrual of points.
Bookings made prior to February 1, 2020 will be fully honoured by the hotel. Any reservation queries can be sent to [email protected]
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k AC 50k BA gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Loungeact
Anyone been there and care to share experience? I'm going next year and am looking to stay at this property (Platinum).
we stayed as a group Jan 3rd we had 4 rooms and they upgraded everyone. its a beyond spectacular hotel!
However it has no place for Marriott guests, the hotel is almost a museum! So they need to run not walk from the horrors of the Marriott customers.
such a shame to lose such a spectacular hotel that could work so well in a SPG program.
the fast decline of SPG to Bonvoy for guests and hotels.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
That explains why I can't book it for next weekend! What a shame. Have stayed here 3 times in the past few months. A strange hotel, but a grand one. Will be missed. Currently can't it anywhere to book even as a non-Bonvoy property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.