Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Miami Beach EDITION, Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ucfjoe
Miami Beach Edition has $40/day resort fee as of Jan 7 2018. Parking (Valet only) is $45/day.

It no longer offers Plats free breakfast.

Miami Beach Edition Website
Print Wikipost

Miami Beach EDITION, Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Is this worth 400K points for a five night redemption between Christmas and New Years?
Yes. Paid rates that time of year can be astronomical. Just know it will be very, very busy.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
Yes. Paid rates that time of year can be astronomical. Just know it will be very, very busy.
Redemptions still available at 100K per night when paid raids are $2,000+ during that time.

I won't be going as I will be elsewhere, but I may be here in January. $1,000 a night is steep though
Old Aug 3, 2023, 10:34 pm

Any recent visits using FHR? Deciding between the Edition and the One Hotel with a ~$90/night difference, plus Bonvoy points/elite benefits (better upgrade on top of FHR?) which makes the difference a litter larger. For me it comes down to breakfast (seems to be buffet at One vs. mediocre a la carte at Edition) and potentially better room amenities(tub?). First time staying in South Beach and appreciate the advice!
Old Aug 4, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by mtjang97
Any recent visits using FHR? Deciding between the Edition and the One Hotel with a ~$90/night difference, plus Bonvoy points/elite benefits (better upgrade on top of FHR?) which makes the difference a litter larger. For me it comes down to breakfast (seems to be buffet at One vs. mediocre a la carte at Edition) and potentially better room amenities(tub?). First time staying in South Beach and appreciate the advice!
I have stayed at 1 Hotel, haven't stayed at Edition, though know many that have. Can't address your question directly but my understanding is that 1 is a larger property, with more of a "scene" while Edition is a bit quieter. I really did enjoy my stay at 1 and would return. At some point I will try Edition as well.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I have stayed at 1 Hotel, haven't stayed at Edition, though know many that have. Can't address your question directly but my understanding is that 1 is a larger property, with more of a "scene" while Edition is a bit quieter. I really did enjoy my stay at 1 and would return. At some point I will try Edition as well.
1Hotel is definitely more of a scene - Edition is much more chill, both during the day and at night. Haven’t had breakfast at 1H but personally I think the breakfast at the Edition is great though it is a la carte, not buffet.

Personally I’d stay at Edition and go to 1H for the roofdeck bar one night. YMMV.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:13 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Harder to get a room with a balcony at Edition..... If you are staying 4 nights Edition has a 300$ resort credit via Marriott's own STARS program in place of FHR. 1 Hotel South Beach rarely has the best offers via FHR/Virtuoso.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
These hotels have very different vibes. One Hotel gives you the energetic tourist experience (also conference hotel vibe at times) vs Edition, which is a bit more of a boutique plus.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by ABG
Harder to get a room with a balcony at Edition..... If you are staying 4 nights Edition has a 300$ resort credit via Marriott's own STARS program in place of FHR. 1 Hotel South Beach rarely has the best offers via FHR/Virtuoso.
​​​​​​

Will only be staying for two nights and using the Plat $200 credit seems to be a good option. However I do see 1 Hotel offering additional $100 spa credit + $15 at the vegan restaurant on top of the standard benefits at Virtuoso (at the same published room rate), which seems to be making more sense to me now. GF went to college in Miami but never stayed in South Beach hotels so 1H might make sense for the rooftop pool/tub. Greatly appreciated the info!
ABG likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:01 am

Edition Miami questions

I'm coming to Miami in Aprik for 4 nights with my partner. After a challenging year with my family, we really need a break. I've done a lot of research on hotels and I'm super intrigued by the Edition. We are looking for relaxed lux, not a party scene, in an interesting area (already done the SoBe thing several times ) with great beach and pool and food. I'm slightly concerned about the rooms and would like to use my Amex Platinum status to hope for an upgrade. Any thoughts in general on this hotel? Thank you. Almost ready to pull the trigger.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:54 am

Question re rooms

Using Amex Platinum and want to book a room and hoping for a great upgrade. What are the good types of rooms here? A balcony would be nice of course. Any advice re the Edition would be greatly appreciated
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:19 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by zagat39
A balcony would be nice of course. Any advice re the Edition would be greatly appreciated
Don't count on FHR to get you a multi-level upgrade to something with a balcony. Limited overall rooms with outdoor space here.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:07 am

Using Amex Platinum and want to book a room and hoping for a great upgrade. What are the good types of rooms here? A balcony would be nice of course. Any advice re the Edition would be greatly appreciated
An important note about upgrades here. There are two buildings - the main tower and the bungalow building. The bungalow building functions as an almost separate "hotel within the hotel" and my experience is you cannot be upgraded from a room in the main tower to a room in the bungalow. There are very few rooms in the tower with meaningful outdoor space and many of the rooms in the tower don't have any outdoor space at all. The newer extension of the main tower only has rooms facing the street, as the beach facing spaces in that portion are residential condos which are not available for hotel guests. Bottom line, if you want an upgrade with meaningful outdoor space you should probably book at least a lowest-category bungalow room.

Otherwise your requirements of "relaxed lux, not a party scene, in an interesting area ... with great beach and pool and food" should be satisfied by the Edition. It is my favorite hotel in Miami Beach.

Last edited by Nash_Andrew; Mar 19, 2024 at 10:08 am Reason: Added a sentence
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
You might have a better chance of an un upgrade booking with Marriott’s own Stars luxury programme.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.