Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to LRD:

Besides $20 taxi from the airport, you can just take Bus #10 for ~ $0.27 - about a 20-minute ride. The quickest drop-off point for #10 is a seven-minute walk to the hotel. The buses run very frequently
Print Wikipost

Astana Marriott Kazakhstan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Astana Marriott Kazakhstan

Just saw on the Marriott website that the first Marriott in Kazakstan has opened in Atsana. It's a Cat 4. Website says exec lounge is open daily (with stunning views) & there's free wifi throughout the hotel. Offers mobile check-in.

"Located next to the iconic Bayterek monument in the city’s vibrant business, shopping and entertainment district, the 271-room Astana Marriott Hotel is a contemporary retreat for travellers to Astana.

The hotel offers three diverse dining options: Vista Bar & Lounge, Aroma restaurant and the Lobby Bar.

The hotel also offers mobile check-in, enabling Marriott Rewards guests to check in quickly and conveniently via their smartphones. Additional hotel facilities include a business centre, free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and a health club with well-equipped gym, indoor pool, sauna, and steam rooms."

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Aug 28, 2017 at 7:31 am
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:10 pm

Has anyone here stayed at this hotel? Looks like with today's announced cat. changes it is going down to a cat. two property. Thinking about going in May. Any advise about this property? Is the occupancy rate low?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Has anyone here stayed at this hotel? Looks like with today's announced cat. changes it is going down to a cat. two property. Thinking about going in May. Any advise about this property? Is the occupancy rate low?
If you do stay there in May, please do a trip report so others will have an update. And for me if you could include info on the exec lounge so I can update the sticky it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 6:20 am

I will also be staying here at the end of April for three days. I will do a review afterwards.

Sorry for OT, but any tips for touristy things to do in the area around the Marriott would be appreciated (preferably within walking distance)... we are also looking for good nightspots (clubs, bars) in the vicinity for which we heard Insomnia is a good spot. Any experiences?

Safe travels all...
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Any updates?

Cheers.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:28 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Lucky provided an excellent review, w/great pics of this hotel back in October, so I won't replicate his work - just add some notes and changes. . .

Besides Lucky's $20 taxi from the airport, you can just take Bus #10 for ~ $0.27 - about a 20-minute ride. The quickest drop-off point for #10 is a seven-minute walk to the hotel. The buses run very frequently - perhaps they've added extra capacity to handle visitors flying-in for Expo 2017?

In the lobby, there's a tourist information table (staffed, and again, perhaps just for Expo?) and a Btb bank "branch" with ATM and a currency exchange (USD, EUR, KGS, RUB, and, of course, KZT). And, here's the thing: I never saw this "branch" not staffed. Saturday mid-morning? Open. Sunday mid-afternoon? Yep, open. Wednesday @ 2200? Of course!

I was here on points, 40K for five nights (5th night free!) is quite a deal. I was assigned room xx04, which you can see on Lucky's floor plan, is almost the mirror image of his xx02 room - a large, corner room with floor-to-ceiling windows and an even better view down Dostyq St.

Wi-fi was rock-solid, though I didn't measure anything more than 15Mbs - plenty fast enough to stream HD from multiple US media outlets. (Yes, as a Plat member, I did select the Premium Wi-fi option when I first connected. YMMV.)

Lucky mentioned "evening drink & snack selection was available from 5:30PM until 9:30PM" but this seems to have changed: evening food was cleared at 8:00PM, although wine/beer remained until 9:30PM. BTW: all times mentioned above are executed with military precision, e.g., evening setup starts ~5:10PM, and finishes with the arrival of beer/wine right at 5:30PM; food gets cleared right at 8:00PM, etc.

Lucky mentioned an evening hot dish and a soup, but I spotted only one hot item; no soup for you!

Breakfast, rather than evening appetizers, seems to be the focus with several hot options. Also, they offer cooked-to-order eggs/omelettes from the kitchen, but I didn't try this option.

Outside of breakfast/evening hours, the lounge offers all-day "snacks", and it's quite a spread: ten jars of various nuts and dried fruit, six platters of fresh fruit, and eight bowls/jars of cookies, crisps, granola bars, breadsticks, etc. (Full disclosure: any lounge that offers Peanut M&Ms - my favorite - is not going to get a bad review from me.) And, did I mention that the coffee mugs / tea cups are kept in a warmer? And, that a boxed assortment of ten Newby Teas are offered, along with individual tea pots?

The lounge staff was terrific - friendly and efficient. Example: I never saw any of the cold drinks run-out, and they were always re-stocked with cold drinks from storage.

Bottom line: a brilliant hotel, perfectly located on this vibrant city's main mall - a steal as a Cat2. I'll be back.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the detailed trip report. I created a wiki w/ your tip re: the bus.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.