Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Asheville, NC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Had a 2-night stay here the weekend before Christmas. Not having been to Asheville before, I wasn't sure whether location of the various downtown properties would compare. Now having been there a couple of days, I'd say any of them (the AC, Renaissance, Aloft or Four Points) would work just fine, given how small the Asheville core is. Our Aloft stay was very nice and I would definitely come back to this property again. We are not dog people, but I would point out that this hotel is VERY dog-friendly. So, those of you who do not care for dogs or have allergies should look elsewhere.

The hotel is at the southern end of the downtown core, but as mentioned, the downtown area is not very big at all, so it is an easy 3-4 block walk pretty much to anywhere. The reception is at the second floor so you take the elevators (2 total) to the second floor to check in; however, those elevators service all the floors (you need a guest key to access floors 3 and higher) so you do not have to switch elevator banks to go from the entrance on the main floor to your room. The adjacent garage (with direct access to the hotel's first floor) is accessible with your room key and is very convenient. It currently costs $10/day for parking.

As a Platinum, I was offered points, breakfast for two or a flight of beer (seriously!). With kids and because we already had breakfast plans, I chose the points.

I've never stayed at an Aloft (being legacy Marriott) but the room was nice, clean and modern, with sufficient lighting, outlets, a desk, etc. There was a mini fridge. The room was a little modular in some sense (if you can imagine the third closest to the door as the sink/bathroom area and the further 2/3rds as a bedroom area), and the shower/toilet area in particular felt a little like you were on a cruise (just in the modular sense; it was still nice). Nice large flat screen TV on the wall. Beds were firm and nice.

Each floor had a small station in the middle of the hall with a sink with filtered water and a mini-freezer with bags of ice.

All in all a very nice stay. (Now, if they would just get my points right, it would've been perfect!).
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by dcchi
Had a 2-night stay here the weekend before Christmas. Not having been to Asheville before, I wasn't sure whether location of the various downtown properties would compare. Now having been there a couple of days, I'd say any of them (the AC, Renaissance, Aloft or Four Points) would work just fine, given how small the Asheville core is. Our Aloft stay was very nice and I would definitely come back to this property again. We are not dog people, but I would point out that this hotel is VERY dog-friendly. So, those of you who do not care for dogs or have allergies should look elsewhere.

The hotel is at the southern end of the downtown core, but as mentioned, the downtown area is not very big at all, so it is an easy 3-4 block walk pretty much to anywhere. The reception is at the second floor so you take the elevators (2 total) to the second floor to check in; however, those elevators service all the floors (you need a guest key to access floors 3 and higher) so you do not have to switch elevator banks to go from the entrance on the main floor to your room. The adjacent garage (with direct access to the hotel's first floor) is accessible with your room key and is very convenient. It currently costs $10/day for parking.

As a Platinum, I was offered points, breakfast for two or a flight of beer (seriously!). With kids and because we already had breakfast plans, I chose the points.

I've never stayed at an Aloft (being legacy Marriott) but the room was nice, clean and modern, with sufficient lighting, outlets, a desk, etc. There was a mini fridge. The room was a little modular in some sense (if you can imagine the third closest to the door as the sink/bathroom area and the further 2/3rds as a bedroom area), and the shower/toilet area in particular felt a little like you were on a cruise (just in the modular sense; it was still nice). Nice large flat screen TV on the wall. Beds were firm and nice.

Each floor had a small station in the middle of the hall with a sink with filtered water and a mini-freezer with bags of ice.

All in all a very nice stay. (Now, if they would just get my points right, it would've been perfect!).

I will say the AC Hotel is really nice because it is new! The Renaissance is really dated! Did you have a chance to go to the rooftop bar?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Forgot to mention that the Aloft also seems to have a really nice pool area and deck. It is outdoors so the pool was closed for the season, but the deck area around it had one side with a few cabanas, and a large area to another side with lots of seating and fire pits (that part was open and available). We didn't use it but it looked pretty nice though.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:50 am

I'm looking to stay here in August. I was considering Four Points by Sheraton, because I could stay 3 nights with points (25K per night, vs Aloft's 35K per night), but I've read some bad reviews about it being dated and musty, with bad air conditioning.

Are all the Aloft's rooms fairly new? What is soundproofing like (thin walls?). How does the AC work?

I am Plat, so I am looking to compare benefits here vs. Four Points, too.

I am also looking to use SNAs and I am wondering if I'll have an easier time here, than at the Four Points.

Any input you have would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Hi All, is the aloft still the best Marriott property in Asheville? We plan on doing an extended Marriott stay in Asheville this month. Has anyone used their suites? Are they nice?
Old Nov 7, 2020, 5:51 pm

Just wondering any further updates? Is the AC or the aloft better for Platinums? and Location, etc.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
We spent a weekend recently at the Grand Bohemian in Asheville, and it was terrific. Not right in downtown, but there was enough to do/see (galleries, boutiques, restaurants) within walking distance to keep it interesting. A bit on the expensive side, but very nice touches in the room.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:00 pm

Gotcha... So Grand Bohemiam might be the way to go? We’re there any Platinum Amnities?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Gotcha... So Grand Bohemiam might be the way to go? We’re there any Platinum Amnities?
I'm Titanium, and was given $10/person/day F&B credit plus continental breakfast coupons for each morning. This was good for a parfait and a coffee but you could also use them for $10 towards anything else on the menu (so in essence $20/person/day F&B credit).
Old May 6, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I love the location of this hotel right downtown - it's great for walking around and seeing all of downtown Asheville.

Staff are fantastic - always open and welcoming.

I've stayed here twice and both times gotten Ambassador welcome gifts in the room. Given that 90% of the hotels in the U.S. don't seem to do this, I am very impressed this Aloft does it consistently.

First time - we got Poppy Asheville popcorn. Even though we did not get it the second time, they sell it in the lobby and we bought some. Treat yourself. It's worth it.

This time we got beer, chips, playing cards (Asheville themed) - a really nice set of stuff.

Definitely keeping the Aloft at the top of my list of places to stay in Asheville.

dw and LSEGallipot like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Construction Advisory

FYI there is construction here going on due to a new Moxy being built, and presumably sharing some of the Aloft facilities. I'm pretty sure there was no announcement of this when I booked, the web page for the hotel has a relatively benign "Fitness center and pool deck currently unavailable for renovations" message. However, three days before check in I received an email from the hotel that said (in part) "There will be considerable noises that are associated with construction happening between the hours of 7am and 6pm every day."

I would have appreciated better notice than T-3, but we were fortunately able to find availability at a Hilton property at similar cost. The hotel offered "to be more flexible with our cancellation policy", but since I was still (barely) within the regular cancellation window I didn't need to test that out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.