Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

This hotel was newly opened in 2013, they just recently celebrate their first anniversary. The hotel is very near the BTS sky train station, it took me 3 mins to walk to the hotel from the station. There is a shopping mall near the hotel, I didn’t know until I took the taxi and went to the airport! Well the size of the mall was nothing like the scale of Central World. If you wanna go to Terminal 21, you only need to pass 2 BTS stations, while Central World would be 5 stations away.

Hotel

Lobby

I booked a Guest a Room and was upgraded to Executive Room. I was very excited for the upgrade as I know the executive lounge is located at 40/F which provides a pretty view!

Bedroom

Bathroom

Room View

When I arrived at the check in counter, I asked if I can access the executive lounge? They said no. I explained that my room was upgraded to executive room, how come I didn’t have the access to the lounge? She said it was their hotel policy…………. I was like what……? What a disappointment!!

Well at least I was given a complimentary welcome drink while I was checking in at the front desk, I really thought that it was a nice gesture.

Anyway, my room was located on 38/f, which was high and the room view was spectacular. However, the room size is relatively smaller than the one that I stay at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok.

The bathroom came with a circular bathtub and there was a floor to ceiling window right next to the tub. All of the bath amenities are from Thann, which is one of my famous brands. Thann products are developed and manufactured in Thailand and the scent was heavenly smell.

The breakfast spread was pretty good, from western to eastern dishes, egg station and noodle stations. There was a juice station where you could select the fruits by yourself and let the staff to make the juice for you. I like it~

Breakfast Spread

For more photos and hotel reviews, please go to: www.ThePointsAddiction.com

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/thepointsaddiction

Last edited by host2087; Jun 5, 2014 at 8:37 am
Old May 27, 2014, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the review. I'm a bit surprised that you weren't allowed access to the exec lounge if they upgraded you to the exec level.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:29 am

Are you a gold or platinum?
Old May 27, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
I don't think the OP is either. I've not stayed at a property that excludes guests from the exec lounge if they're upgraded to the exec level. I think there are a couple of isolated reports on FT, but not many. While the hotel said it's their policy I wonder if that contradicts Marriott policy?

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I don't think the OP is either. I've not stayed at a property that excludes guests from the exec lounge if they're upgraded to the exec level. I think there are a couple of isolated reports on FT, but not many. While the hotel said it's their policy I wonder if that contradicts Marriott policy?

Cheers.
I stayed at the properties last year and I got upgraded to Executive room with access to the lounge, at that time, the hotel lounge is not ready so i have to use the service apt lounge on the 2nd floor. I was still at Gold Taste challenge at that time.

I was quite surprise OP said Courtyard room is bigger. I stayed on both property last April (a night at Marriott and a night at Courtyard).

Also seems they have changed the bath room amenities, They did not use Thann but something like Aromatherapy brand.

Here is the review of Courtyard Bangkok and Marriott Sukhumvit on my blog.
Old May 28, 2014, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
There is a fairly healthy discussion of this property toward the end of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-thailand.html
Old May 28, 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
There is a fairly healthy discussion of this property toward the end of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-thailand.html
Maybe we should move those property posts into this thread? Makes it easier when someone wants a report on a specific property vs. a comparison of properties & is easier when using FT search.

Cheers.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
I have the lowest tier only.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
I have sent an email to Marriott customer service, they re-direct the email to the hotel. And I got the hotel reply and said 'It is their policy." AGAIN~
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Dinner at Marriott Sukumvit Bangkok – 57th street

http://thepointsaddiction.wordpress....k-57th-street/ Click it to see all PHOTOS!

I have decided to have at least one dinner buffet during my trip in Bangkok. Therefore, I tried to search on Groupon Thailand and see if they got any deal. Surprisingly, the hotel that I stayed at got a dinner buffet deal. It only costed 555 baht per person! Wow it was a really good deal and it fitted my travel plan perfectly.

Restaurant

The food selection was all right, there was no sashimi at all. Although the restaurant is not really big, it surely provided all the things I need. The dessert selection was pretty good and nice. They only provided soft ice cream, I rather eat some ice cream from BR.

Cold Dishes

Hot Dishes

Desserts

Overall, it was a nice dinner buffet. And the value was very good!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Spa at Marriott Sukumvit Bangkok - Anne Semonin Paris

I decided to visit the spa right after I finished my dinner at the hotel. I saw that the spa was running a promo: 1,999 Baht for a 30 mins Indian Head Massage + 30 mins Foot Massage. This price is higher than the one in Let’s Relax (@ Terminal 21), but given that the spa is located in the hotel, I think this price is reasonable.

When I walked in the spa at 8:20pm, I asked if any therapist was available. Luckily, there was one and I was quickly given welcome drink. (FYI: the last appointment is 8:30pm) I haven’t gotten the chance to drink it all and I was sent to the massage room.

Welcome Drink

I had the foot massage first and then the head massage. It was so nice to have a different kind of massages other than the typical body massage.

The therapist warmed up the massage oil for my head massage. It was so nice, the whole process was heavenly pleasant.

When I finished the massage, the therapist gave me a hot tea and then left the room. Therefore, I got the time to take some photos in the spa room.

I saw that the therapist actually warm up the massage oil by using the candle. And the iPhone was playing the background music all time.

Overall, I really enjoyed the spa session and I hope that I can visit it again in the near future.

Spa Room

For more photos and other hotel reviews/trip review, please go to my web site: www.ThePointsAddiction.com
Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/thepointsaddiction
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Appreciate your review and photos. But, as to the lounge, I don't know of any Marriott rule that requires a property to allow lounge access to non-plats/golds, whether upgraded to the executive level or not.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ohmark
Appreciate your review and photos. But, as to the lounge, I don't know of any Marriott rule that requires a property to allow lounge access to non-plats/golds, whether upgraded to the executive level or not.
Yea I learnt my lesson haha.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
True, although I think some/most do extend the courtesy if someone is upgraded to the exec level.

Cheers.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:19 am

Bangkok Marriott sukhumvit

Hey

If anyone has a promotion code that works would be greatly appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.