Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

I did a search, but did not find a thread on this property.

Any experiences?

I am booked here for an upcoming weekend as it (and JW Marriott) seem to be the best location for Nokia Theater concerts.

Was able to use one of my Club Level upgrade certificates for our stay with a quick phone call.

Any feedback on WP24 restaurants?

Thanks,
Old May 8, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
WP24 has a great view. Have had dinner there several times and its good. Reserve early as it gets booked up. Nokia theater is literally across the street. I live in L.A. so I haven't stayed there but have clients and colleagues who have. I have heard the JW Marriott is just as nice. I also recommend within a one block walk the Pantry and the Palm.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Here's a thread on JW LA Live; might be some info in there you can use since the 2 are basically housed together/near each other.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-2010-a-2.html

Cheers.
Old May 9, 2014, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Here's a thread on JW LA Live; might be some info in there you can use since the 2 are basically housed together/near each other.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-2010-a-2.html

Cheers.
I did read that thread, thank you!

They are actually in different floors of the same building (JWM, RC, and RC Residences all the same building).

If I don't hear more before June, I'll come back to this thread to describe our experience.
Old May 9, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL-FO, SPG-Gold, HH-Dia, IHG Spire Elite IC
Club level stay

Not a recent stay, but I was there for a few nights a couple of years ago. I was upgraded to a spacious 1 bedroom corner suite with a view of the city on the club floor. (Amex FHR) Club staff were quite attentive, food offerings were great.

I was there for a conference and the lobby was often crowded with attendees; so the club lounge was a nice, more quiet alternative. I did use the spa and IIRC, the treatment was well executed. The spa was busy, but it wasn't overly crowded. Puck restaurant was good. Didn't use the pool.

My only quibble was a slight issue with my late check out. The upgrade and other benefits of the FHR reservation were wonderful, but my most pressing need was the 4:00PM check out. I confirmed this with the front desk at check-in and was assured it was not an issue. When I returned from my meeting around 3:30, my bag had been placed at the door and housekeeping was racing to clean the room. Luckily, I had packed everything in preparation for a quick departure; but DND was indicated and I had not checked out. The housekeeper was very clearly upset that I was not out of the room yet.

When I stopped at the front desk for check out, I told the rep that I was surprised that housekeeping was present before I left. The rep apologized (somewhat) and explained that the hotel was at full occupancy that night and they had a pressing need to ready that specific room for the next guest.

The extended check out might not have been communicated to housekeeping properly, but this seemed excessive and was a disappointment after I had verified the availability of the late check out. Otherwise, it was a solid stay.
Old May 9, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL-FO, SPG-Gold, HH-Dia, IHG Spire Elite IC
duplicate

Last edited by marlowe; May 9, 2014 at 7:56 pm Reason: Duplicate post
Old May 10, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
RC LA Live

Just stayed there this past weekend as well as a few other times earlier in the year. Beautiful hotel (rooms/pool/spa and excellent service

Some people complain that the lobby is so small that's is non-existent but this has never been an issue for me. The Club Lounge is top notch too. Plenty of food offerings and indeed has the longest presentation hours (RC Marina del Rey ends lunch at 230 while LA Live ends at 4pm) that's a big plus.

I've never had a meal at WP24 but did go to the bar. Beautiful space and nice views. I consider myself a demanding guest but this hotel definitely meets my expectations. Definitely 4.5 Stars.
Old May 18, 2014, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

I received an email from TripAdvisor (I guess I had poked around TA, including my stay dates) saying that 'hotel rates in LA have dropped'. It specifically mentioned the Omni, but I figured, what the heck, I'll go look.

The rate for the Ritz had dropped $200 per night for my dates.

Quickly called Ritz Plat reservations, and they lowered my rate by the $200 / night, while keeping the Club Upgrade certificate in place.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just wrapped up one night stay here. Needed to be across the street (Hotel Figueroa) for an event, so booked award. 80,000 points for a Junior Suite with club access (which at $950 retail, penciled out at over 1.1 cpp).

App showed me upgraded to Executive Suite about a day before check-in . . . kept expecting them to pull it, but it held. Room was quite nice, though it had the less desirable south/east view. Spacious, well furnished, and very very quiet. Overall a nice stay. Service was excellent and room service was reasonably priced and good quality. Fitness center and rooftop pool are great (though it was not pool weather). Certainly a much nicer property than the JW next door, which I rather despise.

The one let down was the food in the club. I went for the evening hors d'oeuvres . . . they had two hot item (edamame potstickers and some ugly looking tilapia) and three or four unappealing cold ones, plus some potato chips. Not at all what I would expect from an RC. Breakfast Sunday was same story . . . scrambled eggs, bacon, soggy looking pancakes in a chafing dish, oatmeal, and a very small variety of fruits, cold-cuts, and pastry. Your basic domestic Marriott club breakfast. I can honestly say the club at the JW has a wider range of food. Perhaps it was just the weekend, as the club was virtually empty.

So while I would definitely stay here again, I would not pay anything extra for club access.
controller1 and markko like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Well that's a shame, Kacee. I used to love the club level service and offerings, but last stayed there about a year ago. At that time there was a brand new manager over the club lounge and a couple of other guest areas, and he came across like a shmarmy used car salesman (dreadfully insincere--fawning but in a way you could tell it was an act). Sadly, I'm not shocked to hear that he has implemented cuts that make his financials look better in the short term, but that will hurt the hotel and Ritz's reputation overall in the long term.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I used to love the club level service and offerings, but last stayed there about a year ago. At that time there was a brand new manager over the club lounge and a couple of other guest areas, and he came across like a shmarmy used car salesman (dreadfully insincere--fawning but in a way you could tell it was an act).
lol he introduced himself to me and I had the same reaction. Super insincere.

They didn't even have any juices out for breakfast, and only one staff, who was not serving guests.

But again, loved the upgrade and the room. Nice hard product.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:00 am

Ritz Carlton LA

I'm staying at the Ritz Carlton Los Angeles next week in a Club Executive Suites. It says it accommodates four people but my question is will the four adults all have access to the Club Lounge?

Thank you.

W
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by suitestay
I'm staying at the Ritz Carlton Los Angeles next week in a Club Executive Suites. It says it accommodates four people but my question is will the four adults all have access to the Club Lounge?

Thank you.

W
Might be simpler to call the hotel and ask.

David
Old Jun 22, 2023, 4:52 am

Programs: Advantage, BA, Hertz, Marriott
Ritz Carlton LA Live dining options

I'll be there Sat-Mon in September and have been looking at the in-house dining options. Will be getting in after a long flight and 8 hrs behind GMT so thinking more of Sunday.

Lena at Sendero is closed on Sundays and Mondays.

The only other place that looks to be open there is Corteza, which doesn't exactly leap out at me.

Is that really all there is at the Ritz Carlton?

Was hoping for some fine dining but even a decent burger with a cold beer watching the sunset would work.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
There are a ton of restaurants within a block of the hotel, and a ton more a block or two further removed. The JW/Ritz combo used to have a really good Wolfgang Puck restaurant but that's gone now. My favorite nice place in the vicinity is The Palm, which is easily walkable. At lunch they offer an amazing burger, but of course it won't feature sunset views.
rhegedus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.