Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Bangalore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

any FT reviews? Can't find any threads.
Was planning on staying there for 5 nights in June and was looking for experiences (location, rooms, CL etc.). Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I'm curious as well. Planning a trip to BLR for early June and the JW and Ritz are possibilities.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Its got a wonderful location, thats for sure. My money is on the Ritz, however. WONDERFUL property. I've stayed 3 times now and can share the GMs name who has been very helpful in my stays.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucycan
Its got a wonderful location, thats for sure. My money is on the Ritz, however. WONDERFUL property. I've stayed 3 times now and can share the GMs name who has been very helpful in my stays.
Thanks! Glad to hear the JW is nice. I will stay on points and the JW is MUCH cheaper plus I get lounge access. Looking forward to my stay!
Old Apr 6, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Haven't stayed there, but booked their meeting facilities and did their lunch buffet. The amenities are really nice and almost everything offered on the buffet was cooked to order which was really nice. Huge spread of almost any kind of cuisine (Italian, Chinese, Continental, and of course Indian ).
The staff were little uptight, they had issues preparing our bill, I guess they are still going through the early pains.
I did take a tour of their guest rooms and they were really nice. The lobbies and restaurants are very well done.
As LucyCan said, this is in the middle of UB City with a lot of restaurants and night life, and very close to the heavenly Cubbon park, so you can not do any better location wise.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
I stayed there a couple of weeks after it had opened - consequently, they only had a limited number of rooms available, no lounge etc.

But the hotel was fairly empty - got personal trainer service at the gym, as I was the only one there etc.

I don't have much experience of JW Marriotts (not in the locations I usually travel), but it certainly seemed nice. I was very happy.

The location is great, in terms of being next to the park in the centre - nice to have some greenery in Bangalore!

Any other specifics, would be happy to help...
Old Jul 5, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
Thanks! Glad to hear the JW is nice. I will stay on points and the JW is MUCH cheaper plus I get lounge access. Looking forward to my stay!
Very nice modern hotel. Still not completely open. Lounge on the 15th floor is very nice with great views, outstanding service and good food.
I will definitely return!
The concierge told me they are also opening a Ren in BLR later this year.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP (LT Pt)
I'll be there in a couple weeks and will try to remember to document the experience.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Just came back with a week's stay.

It was booked on points (for lowest room) but got upgraded to room with balcony overlooking Cubbon Park. Given the busy street below, I didn't spend much time on balcony but room was pretty big and modern.

Service was outstanding by all of the staff. From room service to housekeeping and dining establishments on the property.

Breakfast buffet in restaurant (lobby level) was over the top good. Brekkie spread in lounge was smaller but still decent. Cocktails in lounge during the evening.

Pool setting leaves a bit to be desired. It's all good during the day but the indian food restaurant (Spice) is setup around the pool at dusk. Makes the pool area a bit formal to use in evening hours when it's cooler.

Overall - I rate the property highly on aesthetic and service value. Probably #2 on my Marriott list (#1 being JW Hong Kong). However in terms of value this property in UNBEATABLE! It's only a category 3 whereas JW HK is cat 8. I was able to book my stay using pointsavers so it's was an amazing redemption.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Has a 2-night award stay last November and was upgraded to a suite overlooking Cubbon Park. Lounge was closed, but there were free food and drinks at the bar instead from 5.30-930pm which was a great alternative.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Wow! Amazing service! Points well spent!

Just checked out of JW Marriott Bangalore. Amazing experience. Check in was smooth and given the option to check in early. Upgraded to executive room overlooking the cubbon park in the high floors. Room is nicely decorated. Linens used are of high quality and the mattress is comfortable and relaxing. One of the best sleep I've ever had in a Marriott.

Lounge is serving liquor between 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm. Cocktail options are available. They are giving the option of having breakfast in lounge or in lobby JW kitchen. I tried the lobby option. Amazing spreads and 7 live counters. You will be really tempted to try one or two different food options.

I asked for a late check out. They said they will check and confirm. Surprise! They gave me 3 pm late check out time. I am not sure if they're trying new but never got a late check out beyond 1 pm.

Overall great points redemption. 😄
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I like the Ritz better. Its typically cheaper on my corporate rate as well. The JW does have the lounge (free to Plats) and attached to the mall, which is nice.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
Staying at this property for work next month and am only gold. Do the JW properties in India offer deals for paid upgrades to suite available if asked? Any tips on rooms to request (e.g. corner, balcony, etc). How does this hotel compare to JW Delhi in terms of rooms and executive lounge?

Looks like a nice property! Thanks, Yaz
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Previously I was all-set for the Marriott Whitefield as this was a stone-throw to the office of our company I was working with, but since this office moved to Electronics City the Whitefield location is probably no longer the right one.

Looking at my options I found the JW to be about an hour's ride away from where I need to go, and nothing else (Marriott-/SPG-wise) really closer...so would this be the logical choice, or would you suggest a different property in Bangalore when working in Electronics City?

Thanks for your suggestion!

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.