Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Sha Tin, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Take the A41p bus. It runs up to midnight and is basically door to door. Only 3 stops & you can see the hotel from where you get off.
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Sha Tin, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by soy
As gold got upgraded to exec floor, but no suite, though think they were at high occupancy.

Breakfast was decent with breads, cereals, yogurts, cold cuts, hot options (asian & western) and eggs cooked to order. For sure there are better breakfasts in Hong Kong, but CY ST has all you need IMHO.

I would stay here again, especially if I had a free night cert to burn / price was right.
Is the complimentary breakfast for elite members only offered in the Lounge now or is it also available in the regular restaurant like it used to be when the lounge was under construction a couple of years ago? Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Wink

Originally Posted by lax2010
Is the complimentary breakfast for elite members only offered in the Lounge now or is it also available in the regular restaurant like it used to be when the lounge was under construction a couple of years ago? Thanks!
Lounge only unless you pay.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by nacho
Sha Tin is famous for the chicken congee and deep fried
When are you going? I'm going there during Easter period - if you go there before l can ask my friend for you.
Where could I find the famous Shatin chicken congee or deep fried pigeon?

Thought you were going to provide references for some good restaurants and eateries (around the Shatin CY) after your Easter trip? Did you post them somewhere else?

Thanks for helping out!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lax2010
Where could I find the famous Shatin chicken congee or deep fried pigeon?

Thought you were going to provide references for some good restaurants and eateries (around the Shatin CY) after your Easter trip? Did you post them somewhere else?

Thanks for helping out!
The closest civilization with shops around the hotel is City One (unless you eats McDonalds).

There is a new mall called OK Mall (close to the station) but I don't think it's ready to open yet.

This one for soya sauce cooked deep fried pigeon, chicken congee and bean curd dessert. Mr. will only eat the pigeon as he thinks the other 2 are absolutely disgusting. He hates congee and bean curd.

http://www.openrice.com/en/hongkong/...nese-bbq-r1981

If you want to go local, there is a council house estate called Wo Che, just across the river, there is a semi outdoor food court (hawker stand)

http://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/...9%8D%8B-r14802

Haven't tried that but my friend eats there (it smells nice every time I walk past it) - I walk there from the hotel to shop at Aeon store due to the annoying shuttle hours. Also you can walk all the way to New Town Plaza with connecting walkway bridges (not air conditioned but somewhat covered and no need to cross any road). Park'n shop in Lucky Plaza has the best chocolate muffin Mr. Nacho has ever tried (he really tried a lot all over the world and even those from Vienna can't beat them) - they are available at Park'n shop that has in house bake off. Their croissants are really good too. Try some Hong Kong style bakery products there - don't know if the label has English. There is also a bakery at Lik Yuen Estate that has freshly baked buns at around 4:30pm, don't know if you know your way, it's cheaper than park'n shop and more authentic. My mum likes the chicken pie, my boy likes the sausage roll and my girl loves the piggy buns (plain buns).

These bakery products are better than anything I have tried in the US. I don't eat bread when I'm in the US.

These are the places fairly close to the hotel. Also there is a roasted restaurant at City one that is nice too. I don't normally go there - no shuttle going back and it's not that close. There are tons of eateries in New Town Plaza.

For Hong Kong fastfood chain, I like Cafe de Coral - their roasted meat is the best and often runs out before 8:30pm.

One joke I heard very special about Hong Kong: How can you turn hot drinks into cold drinks? Add 2 dollars (Hong Kong dollars) - when you go out to eat that includes tea/coffee, it's always hot as default. If you want it cold you pay $2 extra - however this doesn't apply in high end places like hotel buffet.
italdesign likes this.

Last edited by nacho; Aug 5, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:51 pm
alc

Will be staying here shortly, can someone confirm what amenities it come with?

also, does anyone has the email address for the hotel?

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by alc
Will be staying here shortly, can someone confirm what amenities it come with?

also, does anyone has the email address for the hotel?

Thanks
Here is the email address of the front desk:
[email protected]

Lounge access and an upgraded room were given as Gold Elite member.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:07 am
alc

Originally Posted by khkchan
Here is the email address of the front desk:
[email protected]

Lounge access and an upgraded room were given as Gold Elite member.
Thanks, I am Plat

For my question on amenities, I see pictures on TA, but the want to confirm exactly what they have like Shampoo, Conditioner, slippers, q-tip, etc..
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
Thanks, I am Plat

For my question on amenities, I see pictures on TA, but the want to confirm exactly what they have like Shampoo, Conditioner, slippers, q-tip, etc..
They do have those standard Asian hotel amenities. They are using the standard CY brand called Nirvae - I have seen them in CYs Germany and Hong Kong.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:38 pm
alc

They do have those standard Asian hotel amenities. They are using the standard CY brand called Nirvae - I have seen them in CYs Germany and Hong Kong.
thanks. This is the first time for us staying a CY outside of N.A., so, yiu can tell my "standatd" will be differnt at the Asia hotel as you indicated.

Anyway, I got the email address above, so, I will drop bthem an email on this. (Wife is buggin me on this )

thanks for all the quck respond.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
thanks. This is the first time for us staying a CY outside of N.A., so, yiu can tell my "standatd" will be differnt at the Asia hotel as you indicated.

Anyway, I got the email address above, so, I will drop bthem an email on this. (Wife is buggin me on this )

thanks for all the quck respond.
You get bathrobe slippers toothbrush in a lot of Asian hotels. We got those in German CYs too.

Last time I had to push real hard to get a further upgrade than the usual 1 cat up as a Plat for a 2 night stay. We got a corner room as an upgrade.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:03 pm

Do guests have access to a computer and printer for printing a few pages, free of charge? I'm Gold, if that should matter.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Do guests have access to a computer and printer for printing a few pages, free of charge? I'm Gold, if that should matter.
Should be able to. There are 2 computers in the lounge.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:05 pm

Should be able to. There are 2 computers in the lounge.
Thanks... do you recall if there is a printer connected to the 2 computers for self-service printing?

Also, regarding cocktail hour in the lounge, some have mentioned that the food and drink selection is not that good. Any info on what the vegetarian choices are typically?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Thanks... do you recall if there is a printer connected to the 2 computers for self-service printing?

Also, regarding cocktail hour in the lounge, some have mentioned that the food and drink selection is not that good. Any info on what the vegetarian choices are typically?
I think I saw a printer there too - if it's not there just ask any lounge staff, they will be more than happy to help.

Food in the lounge is not that good - we went up and 5:30 pm and we decided to catch the last shuttle before their dinner break to get out to have something to eat. There's usually 2 hot dishes, some cold dishes and salad. Sometimes 1 hot dish is vegetarian but no guarantee.

My advice: check the lounge offerings at 5:30, and be prepared to run to the shuttle if the food is not good.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:32 pm

My advice: check the lounge offerings at 5:30, and be prepared to run to the shuttle if the food is not good.
Good advice. I'll also do some research on vegetarian restaurants in the surrounding malls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.