Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Mumbai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I second the advice on St Regis. The ITC has tired rooms, is stingy on upgrades and has nothing interesting in its immediate vicinity. While the location of the Oberoi or the Taj can't be beat, the St Regis is a good compromise with the best location of the Marriott hotels.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:51 am

Thanks both. Excellent advice. St Regis it is!

im going to look at the JW Juhu as well. Nice idea, might do the last three nights there. Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
You're welcome! I'm very familiar with the area so if you need any information please feel free to send me a message.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 1:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Ask them for Race Course view room at St. Regis.

Their Lebanese restaurant is really good too - Sette Mara. And the mall next to the hotel also has some good restaurants.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Hanging in here...I will be in Mumbai next Friday and Saturday (three night stay, checking in Thurday very late/early friday) and then leaving early sunday for a flight to Pune. I am basically there to adjust to Indian time zone and climate, so I will probably catch an uber down to Taj Mahal Palace hotel near the Gateway to India on one day, but apart from that I estimate to stay put at my hotel and use the facilities, especially the pool.

Therefore a great lounge and decent hotel restaurants will be my main priorities, nice pool second, tied with being reasonably close to the airport. Currently I am considering the JW Juhu Beach (stayed there in 2017 and loved the hotel, despite the lack of a notable upgrade), the Hilton at the airport (still in need for some $$$-credit to keep Diamond) and the Westin Powai Lake - the Westin being the cheapest, the Hilton in the middle and Juhu Beach the most expensive in my corporate rate.

Given that I consider breakfast my most important meal when travelling and considering the JW Juhu Beach breakfast (before pandemic) to be my so far best breakfast I encountered around the world - what hotel would you suggest and why? Thanks in advance for your suggestions and insights!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Aug 21, 2023, 7:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djohannw
Hanging in here...I will be in Mumbai next Friday and Saturday (three night stay, checking in Thurday very late/early friday) and then leaving early sunday for a flight to Pune. I am basically there to adjust to Indian time zone and climate, so I will probably catch an uber down to Taj Mahal Palace hotel near the Gateway to India on one day, but apart from that I estimate to stay put at my hotel and use the facilities, especially the pool.

Therefore a great lounge and decent hotel restaurants will be my main priorities, nice pool second, tied with being reasonably close to the airport. Currently I am considering the JW Juhu Beach (stayed there in 2017 and loved the hotel, despite the lack of a notable upgrade), the Hilton at the airport (still in need for some $$$-credit to keep Diamond) and the Westin Powai Lake - the Westin being the cheapest, the Hilton in the middle and Juhu Beach the most expensive in my corporate rate.

Given that I consider breakfast my most important meal when travelling and considering the JW Juhu Beach breakfast (before pandemic) to be my so far best breakfast I encountered around the world - what hotel would you suggest and why? Thanks in advance for your suggestions and insights!

Greetings - Dirk
The best breakfast I have had has been at the JW Marriott Sahar (near the Airport). Morning 7am, almost empty restaurant and being served hot hot Mutton Curry and Naan was something else after a long flight. We had also stayed there just for a day before catching our evening flight home.

JW Juhu should also be great. Westin Powai has decent breakfast, but if you get a lake facing room it has a good view. This was a Renaissance before though, but they did update the rooms when it became a Westin. Juhu will be closer to airport than Westin Powai, in fact due to bad traffic either hotels could be 30 minutes on a good day and 1 hour+ on a bad day.

Another option could be ITC Maratha - but expect lower MB recognition and not sure if they have a lounge. But the food there is excellent. Dum Phukt has some of the best kebabs in the country.
djohannw likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 12:11 pm

Stayed at the Courtyard Airport as well as the JW - both were exceptional. The JW Sahara has a 24 hr hour spa, hot tub and sauna which works great for folks with jetlag - would recommend both, exceptional breakfast, facilities and hospitality

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.