Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Hotel email: [email protected]

MRT:
  • Shenton Way (TE19) -- note, the Exit Directory lists exit 3 for the Westin, but exit 4 will pop you out right by the front door.
  • Downtown (DT17) -- exit E
See post #492 for current welcome letter detailing benefits and lounge hours.
Print Wikipost

Westin Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 11:54 am
TDV

Has anyone recently stayed in this property? Any report is appreciated.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Accor Dia, Mar. Tit, QR Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by TDV
Has anyone recently stayed in this property? Any report is appreciated.
lounge is still closed, with no plans to reopen anytime soon. Because of that, the property still offers the 100 SGD dining credit (double occupancy) that can be used at the on-site restaurants or in-room dining. This daily credit expires at 2359 of each day, and you get no credit on the day of checkout.

Natural status upgrades to the suite are very rare, but possible if on a SNA.

It’s currently grossly overpriced at over 400 SGD (where it used to be 250 or even less during covid), so if a room is available for 30,000 points, that would be a better deal.

As many locals are back to office, the surrounding area (especially food places) will get very crowded during office hours, but likely dead/closed during the weekends.
kevino likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:54 pm
TDV

Originally Posted by McChicken
lounge is still closed, with no plans to reopen anytime soon. Because of that, the property still offers the 100 SGD dining credit (double occupancy) that can be used at the on-site restaurants or in-room dining. This daily credit expires at 2359 of each day, and you get no credit on the day of checkout.

Natural status upgrades to the suite are very rare, but possible if on a SNA.

It’s currently grossly overpriced at over 400 SGD (where it used to be 250 or even less during covid), so if a room is available for 30,000 points, that would be a better deal.

As many locals are back to office, the surrounding area (especially food places) will get very crowded during office hours, but likely dead/closed during the weekends.
Thank you! I may consider the Marriott Tang Plaza instead of the Westin. The points/price is less with the Marriott than the Westin. And it appears that the M lounge in Marriott is also open.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Seems like Singapore hotel price goes higher than pre pandemic now.
Old May 15, 2022, 2:39 pm

Base prices are but deals are better.
More free nights and deals.
MO suite buy one get one makes it $500 a night (this was just after Easter), and for the second suite level, not even base.
Old May 17, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Does the 100 sgd dining credit have to be applied to breakfast too, or is breakfast complimentary for elites in the restaurant? Thanks.
Old May 17, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by kevino
Does the 100 sgd dining credit have to be applied to breakfast too, or is breakfast complimentary for elites in the restaurant? Thanks.
Breakfast is complimentary for two adults for elites. Interestingly, for the welcome gift, you can opt for free breakfast for a third guest instead of the 1000 points.

Sometimes when I can’t burn the credits fast enough I just take away a bottle of wine from cook and brew.
kevino, EHAM1 and flybyFIRE like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I called the Singapore Westin (Sept 18, 2022) and the indication is they are thinking of opening the Club Lounge - maybe in a few months. She suggested I call back in December. Obvioulsy the website will likely show when reopen. If not open early next year - then - like others - I will like cancel my reservation and rebook elsewhere. I just like the convenience of the lounge without having to order from a restaurant - but beverages through out the day.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:33 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite

SNIP
Considering a stay here later in October *on points*. Titanium elite. Do you know if the SGD100 dining credit would still apply?

Apart from Grab, how would I use public transport to go from here to Cove Way on Sentosa? Any easy bus?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Considering a stay here later in October *on points*. Titanium elite. Do you know if the SGD100 dining credit would still apply?

Apart from Grab, how would I use public transport to go from here to Cove Way on Sentosa? Any easy bus?

Thanks for any advice.
On my previous points stays (Last stay was in Jun 2022), I did receive the dining credit.

While it’s kinda possible, I’d advise against bothering with public transport in Sentosa… shuttle buses and Public buses do exist within Sentosa, but they aren’t very frequent.

But if you’re hellbent on trying, there is a shuttle bus from HarbourFront to Sentosa Cove Village. (but you’d still need to get from Westin to HarbourFront…)
ftrichard likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:11 pm

On my previous points stays (Last stay was in Jun 2022), I did receive the dining credit.

While it’s kinda possible, I’d advise against bothering with public transport in Sentosa… shuttle buses and Public buses do exist within Sentosa, but they aren’t very frequent.

But if you’re hellbent on trying, there is a shuttle bus from HarbourFront to Sentosa Cove Village. (but you’d still need to get from Westin to HarbourFront…)
Thanks. Yes, that's what I thought. The SG friends I'll be seeing moved to Sentosa during the Great Plague and I've never had to get to that part of the island before. Tanjong Beach Clubs is usually as far east as I've gone. Obviously the easiest option would be to stay at the W but I'm not blowing that number of points on the stay so the Westin + Grab seems to be the next easiest / better value option. It actually works better for me if the Westin's lounge is closed and I get SGD100 to spend (bottle of wine seems good) because I'll be out with my friends most of the five days I'm there as it's the first time since the plague that we've seen each other and we have quite some catching up to do.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:25 am

We just checked in and the club lounge is open as of today. No more dining credit obviously.
kevino and EHAM1 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Yes, was suprised about the club being open from today too.
The credit was nice, as you could get something, whenever it fit in our schedule, but happy that they opened the club again, as I was afraid they might keep it closed forever.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:47 am

Ha. They emailed me just on Thursday saying it was closed and I would instead get the credit. I arrive tomorrow, Tuesday.

Seems to be a last-minute decision to reopen the lounge then.
kevino and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:33 am

Yes, the Club Lounge is back open

Indeed, the Westin's Club Lounge is back open and the F&B credit is no more.

Breakfast (for two people) is provided for elites in the main buffet whatever it's called. The Club Lounge opens late afternoon and booze is provided from 17.00-20.00 while there are foods from 17.00-19.00. Booze includes Absolute, Beefeater, Chivas, and Maker's Mark along with an undrinkable Australian Chardonnay white wine and Rawson's Retreat red wine which is Penfold's entry-level swill brand. I mean, I know this is Singapore and wine is heavily taxed, but could we not get something slightly better than the most barrel-scraping wine in the lounge? I had vodka and cranberry juice for three hours which was fine. Food was good quality and staff are great. Various sushi, dumplings, quiche, cold cuts, cheese, shrimp, salad. Nothing that you'd call a main course but enough to graze on and - as I say - good quality.

I remain astounded at the cash price of Singapore's hotels at the moment compared to pre-Plague rates. I used points for this 5-night stay because everywhere - even the Four Points - was not worth the cash. The Westin used to be around SGD400 a night but was SGD900+ a night while I'm staying during an unremarkable week. The Four Points and Vagabond where I've previously stayed are similarly inflated. Hence, points it is. And amazing value points redemptions SG is providing at the moment. Well, that's what they get.
kevino and rt23456p like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.