Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Langkawi, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

St Regis Langkawi, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Is beach still a mud pit?
Just returned from a two-night stay last week. I'd describe the beach as "silty" to be charitable.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:53 am

Never heard of this city until yesterday when the almighty Al Baker said QR was going to fly here. Will have to try it out.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
For Mod

How long does "New" designation last? The hotels been open ? 2 years - not so new anymore
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:16 am

Just stayed here
The hotel is very inconsistent
we were 2 couples here for a week prepaid. they blocked 7000 MR on my card yes i oked it but the other couple got 2000 MYR blocked on theirs
they received sweet plate at night we did not
we received a keyring on 5th night they did no
t we were told about afternoon tea not the champagne at 630
they were told.about the champage at 630 but unless there are only a few the drop you get isnt worth the wait.
when we moved to new room ther was a plate with a chocolate desert sitting outside next door for over 24 hrs I ahd to call to get it removed( it wasnt mine)
surely someone coming to clean the room can pick up ro call to have it removed?
the main gripe I have is that we all became violently ill after eating at the restaurant and no one other than a couple of waiters asked how we were not one asked if we needed doctors.I cannot understand why no one else reported it but had we just been one person i would put it down to something else but when 3 get sick and one squarmy???
One person virtually ate nothing for 2 days as was scared it would happen again. we also ate earlier in the week at the westin it was great food and reasonable price.
when we arrived we were given a room right in middle of the hotel 6th floor they had a wedding so i presume they were booked out the noise from the disco and the bar was horendous till 1am. they did move us for the rest of our stay.
then a group of ozzies came in a partied for our last 3 nights.
they seem to have no control over the guests
not a relax and revive as they advise.

the other thing is DONT order the club sandwich
it was $A28 and all huge slabs of bread and not a lot else
the worst I have ever had in any hotel and I have possibly 3000 nights in hotels or more
estnet likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:38 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Hi does anyone have an emai contact for this hotel. Have emailed them twice using the old spg email but have had no reply. Cannot even call UK call centre as all the numbers on the website are wrong (too many digits) Since Marriott have taken over it has been total chaos. Also does anyone have any recent experiences. any info appreciated
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by fdem
Hi does anyone have an emai contact for this hotel. Have emailed them twice using the old spg email but have had no reply. Cannot even call UK call centre as all the numbers on the website are wrong (too many digits) Since Marriott have taken over it has been total chaos. Also does anyone have any recent experiences. any info appreciated

The wiki in this thread tells you how to look up a hotel's email address. ^

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...addresses.html
HollyGlen likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:55 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Just returned from a 5 night stay over the NY period and left with a pretty good impression overall. The hard product is very nice, I received an upgrade to a St Regis suite despite being on a points redemption so Ambassador recognition was pretty good. The room was however somewhat cramped and I opted to upgrade with cash for the final two nights at 600 MYR per night to the panoramic suite. This was a great move and I'd definitely do the same again if I was ever to return. The pool suite rooms are all on the ground floor and while they afford a lot more space they lack any kind of a view or privacy. If you are going for a St Regis suite, try and get one on the 3rd floor which will provide unobstructed views of the beach and surrounding islands.

Service was patchy, there were some really great staff there but also some really clueless staff that clearly needed a lot more training to raise their standard to what's expected at the St Regis. Housekeeping was also pretty hit and miss, they did the basics but missed out on small things eg replacing the hand towels. Overall cleanliness was questionable, during our stay in the St Regis suite, which was in one of the wings of the hotel, I saw the same animal droppings in a corridor for 3 days straight. The standard was much higher in the main building where the larger suites are located.

The main reason that would keep me away in the future is the location. Most activities seemed to be in the Cenang area which is a solid 30 min drive from the St Regis. Unless you really just want to chill on the property (and only consume F&B from the property) you might consider a split location for a visit to Langkawi.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
Stayed last weekend and had a great time. Service was amazing. Water Views were perfect. Not too crowded. Upgraded and rooms in good shape.

Langkawi is really hurting from lack of tourists. We booked a inexpensive room at next door Westin and since it has not reopened, were moved to St. Regis.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:30 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Any recent stays, even other properties close by? Are there any nice beaches in langkawi?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by chanp
Are there any nice beaches in langkawi?
Absolutely - Datai Bay Beach has been recognized as one of the best in the world. Unfortunately, The Andaman hasn't reopened after their fire.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Absolutely - Datai Bay Beach has been recognized as one of the best. Unfortunately, The Andaman hasn't reopened after their fire.
thanks. Any other recommendations? I want to pop by for 3-5 days soon
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:23 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by chanp
thanks. Any other recommendations? I want to pop by for 3-5 days soon
there is another hotel at Datai - but not Marriott.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by estnet
there is another hotel at Datai - but not Marriott.
Yes, The Datai. We ate there while staying at the now-closed Andaman. Very nice place.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:42 pm

Datai beach is definitely gorgeous. One of the nicest, if not the nicest I have been to. Albeit, when I stayed at the Andaman the one other resort was under renovation so we had the entire beach and area to ourselves.

....as for the beach at the St. Regis. It is pathetic in my opinion and when the tide goes out it is simply not pleasing.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Yes, The Datai. We ate there while staying at the now-closed Andaman. Very nice place.
Thanks, let me check it out now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.