Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, UAE [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, UAE [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Does the club lounge serve breakfast as well?
It used to until late last year, but they have since changed the system to allow plats to have full breakfast in the restaurant.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:43 am

In fact, I think the main restaurant is the only choice for breakfast, as the lounge doesn't serve it (at least back in Jan).
Old Aug 13, 2015, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I'm booked tomorrow under a corporate rate that includes BF, the prepaid rate is a little cheaper. Will I get the breakfast anyway as Platinum or do i have to choose between that and 500 points?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:31 am

I had booked a Club rate during my last stay as I was not yet Plat at the time, but my understanding is that since the breakfast is included as part of the Royal Club benefits for Plat members, 500 points should be in addition to the amenity points.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I'm booked tomorrow under a corporate rate that includes BF, the prepaid rate is a little cheaper. Will I get the breakfast anyway as Platinum or do i have to choose between that and 500 points?
I stayed last month and was given both the breakfast and 500 points.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I am hearing that if you get club access you get free limo to airport is this correct.
Am booked at the park Hyatt but need the spg stays so thinking of changing.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:15 pm

Not aware of this benefit.

Although LRM is nice, Park Hyatt is a different category altogether and not really comparable. The two St Regis properties would be the better comparators.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: Marriot Platinum, Finnair Platinum
Originally Posted by aussielori
I am hearing that if you get club access you get free limo to airport is this correct.
Am booked at the park Hyatt but need the spg stays so thinking of changing.
As a Platinum I've gotten free limo access from the airport at the Westin which is quite close by. Also I know the Grosvenor House has free limos for club rooms. Better check directly at Le Royal Meridien to see their policy.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Any recent experiences at this property? I just booked a Deluxe Corner Suite for me and my wife for our stop there on our RTW.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:01 am

Same as ever, with good service and good hard product. Although I couldn't be very specific, the happy hour F&B offerings at the lounge did feel slightly less extensive than it was a year or two ago.

Given that you've already confirmed the Deluxe Corner Suite, you should call/e-mail ahead to request a room on the XX10 line, which has huge panoramic windows, and avoid the XX02 line which only has three small windows making the suite feel very dark.
akcae likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by stargold
Same as ever, with good service and good hard product. Although I couldn't be very specific, the happy hour F&B offerings at the lounge did feel slightly less extensive than it was a year or two ago.

Given that you've already confirmed the Deluxe Corner Suite, you should call/e-mail ahead to request a room on the XX10 line, which has huge panoramic windows, and avoid the XX02 line which only has three small windows making the suite feel very dark.
Thanks for the tip!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by stargold

That's a great tip - the three times I've stayed here, I've received the exact same XX02 suite! Never argued the upgrade since it was always gratis, but duly noted...

Thank you!

khabah
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:45 am

Just did a quick stay here. The club lounge benefits (for plats and above & those who booked the relevant rooms) appear to have improved significantly.

1. you can now have your 6-8PM happy hour drinks at the club lounge OR any of the three designated restaurants (bar area) all of which are very nice (the rooftop revolving lounge "stratos", the jean-george inspired american/asian restaurant "market kitchen" and the upscale pizzeria "district by amalfi"
2. Drinks and food offerings in the club lounge has also stepped up. The bottled beers now include stout and german options. Hot food was Chinese siew-mai dumplings and deep fried battered fish with a salad station and a fridge of desserts
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Does anyone know why the word “club” has been dropped from their rooms? The club room is now called LE ROYAL ROOM and the club suite is now known as LE ROYAL SUITE. Surely they can’t have dispensed with club perks??
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: Hhonors Dia, BW Dia, Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sabdhabi
Does anyone know why the word “club” has been dropped from their rooms? The club room is now called LE ROYAL ROOM and the club suite is now known as LE ROYAL SUITE. Surely they can’t have dispensed with club perks??
Club is closed due to Covid-19, they still provide Club-like privileges as follows (I asked last week):Le Royal Club Guest Privileges:
  • Complimentary breakfast is available from 6:30am until 10:30am at Café Palmier located on the ground floor.
Beverages and Snacks at Latitude 24
  • Non-alcoholic beverages are available throughout the day from 7:00am until 10:00pm • The Chef’s Special - light snacks are available every day from 11:00am until 03:00pm.
Happy hour includes selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages with snacks available from 6:00pm to 8:00pm in one of the following venues:
  • Latitude 24, Lobby Cafe located on the ground floor.
  • Market Kitchen, Modern American restaurant located on the ground floor.
  • Stratos Revolving Lounge Bar and Grill, located on the 26th floor of the Deluxe Tower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.