Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa (Venice, Italy) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Elite room upgrades are iffy; they try to sell upgrades.

Hotel website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/vcejw-jw-marriott-venice-resort-and-spa/
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa (Venice, Italy) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Westin.
Can someone offer some insight here... looking at changing my booking to do a points + cash for a suite... but I see a HUGE discrepancy.

160,000 points for stay
eCertificate plus 110 EUR required per night

Then under checkout...

It breaks down like this... Friday, May 29, 2015
+ 40,000 Points

Why does it say 110 EURper night, then try to charge 296 per night....
That's strange. I'd call Marriott & ask them.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

12 la residenza rooms
20 maisonette rooms
?? Uliveto rooms

some rooms have private (plunge or swimming) pool, expensive but maybe available via points?
privacy of outdoor areas (including pools) seems like its sometimes not particularly good

adult rooftop pool, spa pool, family garden pool

very interesting!

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 19, 2015 at 8:12 pm
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:15 am

Officially "soft-opened" today. "Grand opening June 24th", according to press release on Marriott site.

http://news.marriott.com/2015/03/jw-...o-guests-.html

Note the timeline of the different room types opening as well as the spa:

"Guests can choose from five distinct accommodation experiences, each offering a unique ambience and view – The Hotel with its 191 guest rooms, most with wide glass walls and private balconies overlooking the extensive cultivated gardens beyond. La Residenza, (opening late April) with its 12 guest rooms designed in a fresh Mediterranean style, featuring parquet flooring in soft earthy tones that lead out to private gardens by the spa and lagoon. L’Uliveto (opening late April) presents a rural garden setting with its 26 guest rooms and views over the ancient olive groves. La Maisonette (opening late April) offers 20 split level suites all with private patios and gardens and some with pools overlooking the canal, olive groves and church. Lastly La Villa Rose, an exclusive private retreat with two bedrooms set in a private garden with a pool.

The 1,750-metre spa, operated by GOCO Hospitality will open by early May and will be the largest in Venice, offering both bespoke treatments and a range of classic spa rituals from product houses including !QMS Medicosmetics and Amala. It also has an indoor and outdoor aqua-tonic pool, a health club, eight treatment rooms, a hammam and luxury spa suite.

A destination in itself, the hotel will offer an unparalleled resort experience with facilities that include an extensive spa, rooftop infinity pool and four restaurants including the fine dining Italian restaurant, Dop0lavoro Dining Room.

Additional hotel facilities include a kid’s club and dedicated family pool, water sports such as Venetian rowing and sailing and a sensational rooftop pool offering dramatic views across the lagoon to St. Mark’s Square, which can be reached by private boat in just fifteen minutes.

With over 40 acres (16 hectares) to explore, guests can discover numerous gardens and outdoor areas scattered with landscaped spots for quiet contemplation. Fruit arbours, olive groves and cultivated plots provide fresh ingredients for the property’s diverse food and drink offerings, including a cooking school and wine academy. Restored structures scattered around the island house a range of facilities including a picturesque events space in an original church.

Room rates start at 395E including breakfast."

Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
While the view in the promotional pictures looked great I did wonder if it was accurate as the hotel looked quite far from the buildings shown. Looks like it is 'enhanced'.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...s_Not_the_View
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so 26 Uliveto rooms
surprisingly detailed news release, thanks SkiAdcock

has anyone seen what the highest award redemption option is?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 9, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: LT Platinum Marriott/Starwood; Exec Plat AA; LT Plat AA
I'm all about Venice... and all about private islands... but 20 minutes one way to San Marco...

I've stayed at the Stucky a dozen times. the Courtyard by the airport on many of the trips, and the Westin Europa a bunch... Honestly until the Stucky downgraded diamond benefits, it was my favorite place to stay (quick ride over and back and I did like some of the restaurants we found on the island)

I'd love to see what others think of the stay, seems too far out for me.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

actual photos including roof pool view:
https://twitter.com/JWMVenice/media

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 9, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:22 pm

Is there boat transportation provided? What type of boat? I love water trips so might be interesting, stay in city and come back in evening
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Is there boat transportation provided?
Yes. "Settled on its own private Island in Venice, Isola delle Rose, just 20-minute pleasant ride across the Lagoon to central St. Mark’s Square by complimentary shuttle service; shuttle service runs on regular basis."

My guess is the complimentary shuttle is for hotel guests though, not people staying somewhere else who want to visit the island. But that's just a guess.

Transportation from the airports to the island are not complimentary.

Cheers.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Stay in progress - a few thoughts though:

-Boat ride to/from San Marco isn't bad. It's a little longer than the Molino Stuckey, but not by much. Runs frequently in both directions. No problem there. Earliest, however, is 9:00. Latest back is 1:00am.

-My room was downgraded in between 10:00am and the time I checked in at 2:30 and was not mentioned at all during check in. Check in was slow. Desk attendant thought MR visa was my MR card and couldn't figure out why numbers didn't match. Recognized as plat though.

-platinum arrival gift could be .5L of red or white wine, local meats, or points. We chose the meats - and its arrival time. Great late afternoon snack.

-explanation of platinum ammenities was lacking. They showed us where breakfast is served until 11, but no mention if it was included.

-the view from the pool does overlook Venice skyline. It is breathtaking. Pool is heated.

-you can hear everything - water draining, doors slamming, etc. Our room is on first floor (2nd by U.S. stds) and it took me awhile to figure out leaking sound was shower above.

More to come with pictures - design is striking and VERY white. Wonder how it will hold up over time.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by WalruSara
-explanation of platinum ammenities was lacking. They showed us where breakfast is served until 11, but no mention if it was included.

Thanks. That's really useful information on your stay so far. SkiAdcock mentioned further up this thread though that there may not be free breakfast for Platinums as this is classified as a resort hotel. Would be useful to know if they decide to offer it anyway or charge on checkout.

Last edited by NorthOrSouth; Apr 18, 2015 at 9:21 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:58 pm
Suspended

-Boat ride to/from San Marco isn't bad. It's a little longer than the Molino Stuckey, but not by much. Runs frequently in both directions. No problem there. Earliest, however, is 9:00. Latest back is 1:00am.

-My room was downgraded in between 10:00am and the time I checked in at 2:30 and was not mentioned at all during check in. Check in was slow. Desk attendant thought MR visa was my MR card and couldn't figure out why numbers didn't match. Recognized as plat though.

-platinum arrival gift could be .5L of red or white wine, local meats, or points. We chose the meats - and its arrival time. Great late afternoon snack.

-the view from the pool does overlook Venice skyline. It is breathtaking. Pool is heated.

-you can hear everything - water draining, doors slamming, etc. Our room is on first floor (2nd by U.S. stds) and it took me awhile to figure out leaking sound was shower above.

More to come with pictures - design is striking and VERY white. Wonder how it will hold up over time.

Thanks, enjoy your stay! Sounds like it is a page out of the Miami Beach Edition with respect to room color, furnishings, etc.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum

Now that it is April 28, and I assume your trip is ended, can you tell us if breakfast is complimentary for Plats?
Old May 10, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by HookEm
Now that it is April 28, and I assume your trip is ended, can you tell us if breakfast is complimentary for Plats?
Apologize - got back last week - been playing catch up ever since. No complimentary breakfast.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Talking Currently at the JW Marriott Venice

.. and loving it - what a property!

We clearly got luckier than NJUPINTHEAIR as we got upgraded to a Junior Suite with a balcony. The room is quiet, very well soundproofed, the view is onto a garden and small forest of trees with objet d'art dotted around. The room is ultra modern in whites and oatmeals with an open bathroom with massive double doors, free standing bath, separate dressing room, sitting area etc.

THE way to arrive is by water taxi - really bond style as you glide into the dock underneath the hotel.

The pool and decked restaurant and bar area on the rooftop is stunning, amazing views, a background of house music, loads of loungers and day beds, really swish BUT the pool is really shallow- not a lap pool, you kinda crawl around!

Grounds are massive and stunning, they go on and on and are beautiful - takes about 15 minutes to walk the circumference of the island. We havent found the shuttle a problem for the centre of Venice, it is a great way to travel and not long.

I could quite happily live here on a permanent basis! Certainly its by far the nicest Marriott I have ever been to!

I will be doing a lengthier review on my blog but feel free to ask me any questions on this thread and I will try to help.

Oh and I have also stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky and for me, it wasn't a patch on this Marriott, this is a true resort on the edge of Venice, an escape from the crowds.. I will post some photos a little later today..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.