Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Perth, Western Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Perth, Western Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:56 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Arrow Four Points Perth, Western Australia [Master Thread]

Standard toiletries for a Four Points.

The shower is quite spacious and the valve to control the water pressure and temperature is on the opposite wall from thenozzle. The nozzle is variable and you can change the flow and pressure of the water. Generally the water pressure was very good, but it took some work to figure out the right placement of the valve since there is a lag between setting the valuve and feeling the effect in the water coming from the opposite wall. Also, as this room has no doors between the bathroom, bedroom and living room, and only an opaque partical door between the room with the toilet and shower and the bathroom, it can be pretty chilly in the shower.

The view from the 2nd floor is nothing to write home about. But it was quiet.

There is a fitness center on the 7th floor. A number of treadmills, a nice bike, some balls and free weights. Actually pretty impressive.

The location of the hotel is pretty good. The hotel is directly across from Perth Arena. A 15 minute walk and you can be at Hay Street Mall or Northbridge where there are plenty of restaurants to choose from.

I'd certainly stay here again.

Last edited by yosithezet; Feb 25, 2013 at 4:25 am
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Arrow Four Points Perth, Western Australia, Australia [Master Thread]

This weekend I stayed at the Four Points in Perth. Due to an O&G expo in town what should have been a AUD 180 / night stay was instead over AUD 400 for the first night booked into an accessible room. My Ambassador took care to ensure that they understood that I didn't need an accessible room and alerted them to the fact that I'd be arriving around 2AM as my flight landed at 1AM.

I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by name when I approached the FD. The GSA confirmed that I was the last guest checking in so she was pretty certain who I was. She offered me a slip with the amenities and I chose the 250 points. I asked about the local gift but she wasn't really certain what it was. She had some ideas but wasn't sure. I'd seen in the SPG app that I was upgraded to a suite. The GSA confirmed this and said that she's be able to keep me in the same room for the following two nights which I booked using our corporate rate as part of a separate reservation.

The lobby of the hotel is in the typical FP style. There is a Brew cafe to the left as you enter and an Eatery straight ahead. The next evening a friend came to say hello and we walked into Brew but it was simply too loud to stay. The space is pretty large and sparse with nothing to absorb the sound which bounces off the hard floor and walls. There is also a business center room with two computers.

The elevator requires a key card to go up, but it doesn't limit you to your floor.

The suite was failry large but a bit dark for my taste. The living room has a couch which appears to open to a bed, a chair and a desk chair. There is a wifi router in the room as well as wired internet. The bed was ok, but nothing like the Westin Heavenly Bed.

The TV in the bedroom is too small to be able to cover the STB and other supporting infrastructre. While it isn't a big deal, it looks messy and detracts from the overall aesthetic and makes the room look cheap.

The safe is in the closet at about waist level.

Note: For pre-opening information please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ng-thread.html

Last edited by yosithezet; Feb 25, 2013 at 4:02 am
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Mmm, I stayed there in Jan 2013.

It's Western Australia, so it's expensive for what you get. View wasn't much. Ended up in some standard room on the SPG floor which was quite a decent size. Was able to check in early at 8am. It's valet parking.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Ok, pics are in.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Appreciate the detailed review & photos.

Could you please elaborate on the bathroom door/placement? Do you believe there would be sufficient privacy if two friends (w/o benefits) were sharing a room?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Well, there is simply no door. However, from the angle I think you'd be fine in this same suite. I can't comment on regular rooms.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:22 pm

Thank you for the photos. Is this another bathtub-less renovation? It looks like that was a shower-only bathroom--- I wonder if this is another case of no tubs for king bedded rooms, but you can have one if you reserve a two beds? Or is it none at all? I'm a platinum and I'm getting tired being "upgraded" to a room that (to me) is no upgrade.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Renovation? I think this hotel is new-build. I prefer a walk in shower to one in the tub so I've got no issues with the lack of a tub. But maybe some rooms do have tubs. Dunno.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
If I'm not mistaken, I may have asked SPG via Twitter (months ago) whether this property had any rooms with tubs, and I believe the answer was no. I'm 80% positive this is the hotel I was referring, but lemme think about it.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:20 am

Boxo and Yosithezet, thanks for the replies!
I also prefer a walk in shower to one in the tub, but I like to have a tub, too. Or given the option to chose a tub or a shower. But if it's shower only, my money might go back to Hyatt in Perth.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Renovation? I think this hotel is new-build. I prefer a walk in shower to one in the tub so I've got no issues with the lack of a tub. But maybe some rooms do have tubs. Dunno.
Definately not new build, it opened in the eighties under the Orchard banner.

For those interested there is a parking lot around the corner for paid parking.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Definately not new build, it opened in the eighties under the Orchard banner.

For those interested there is a parking lot around the corner for paid parking.
Thanks for the correction. I didn't know.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Will be a few FT'ers staying here for OzFest in May

Won't be the same as the Sheraton but.....

Jeff
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
The property confirmed "all guest rooms and suites have large walk-in showers only."
Old May 20, 2013, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jswong
Will be a few FT'ers staying here for OzFest in May

Won't be the same as the Sheraton but.....

Jeff
Anyone know if there is any kind of lounge in this place?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.