Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Kanai, Riviera Maya [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Kanai, Riviera Maya [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:51 pm
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
Opening Scheduled for December 2022

Any intel as to opening date? The website states December 2022. We're interested in visiting late January or beginning of February.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by mjz
Any intel as to opening date? The website states December 2022. We're interested in visiting late January or beginning of February.
Seeing as we're now 11 years after the original opening date, this seems like the kind of place you'd want to wait until verifiable proof that people have successfully stayed there prior to even thinking about a trip.

Just saying...I remember being excited about this place and the (adjacent?) W in the 2000s.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:25 am
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Seeing as we're now 11 years after the original opening date, this seems like the kind of place you'd want to wait until verifiable proof that people have successfully stayed there prior to even thinking about a trip.

Just saying...I remember being excited about this place and the (adjacent?) W in the 2000s.
Yeah, wishful thinking on my part. Probably should stick with the Scrub Island plan.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
I was now able to make a reservation for April 2023. The only question is whether it is a good idea to stay in the pre-opening phase. Any thoughts on that or some update on progress from a lurker?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Pulling this thread up again. Looks like they are allowing reservations starting 3/30. Will anybody be there for the opening phase?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
I have two nights booked April 4 -6. And a backup res in town in case they don't open on time! I'll report back...
Old Feb 18, 2023, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by rcherskov
I have two nights booked April 4 -6. And a backup res in town in case they don't open on time! I'll report back...
Awesome! Looking forward to your experience. I intend to visit in early 2024.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:03 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
It looks like the Bonvoy app is accepting reservations starting this weekend.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
the are finally opening March 30th
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
We wanted to do this (or Zadun again on the other side of Mexico) early June.. What's very weird is the photos are the same ones they have had for months now and very much look like renderings vs actual photos of the resort.. I was able to show pricing/booking for this weekend as I was thinking we might jet down for a long weekend but not worth the chance. I am absolutely going to wait until many people have confirmed the stay and the St regis site (Bonvoy Site) has actual photos of the resort, reviews etc.
Good luck to those of you chancing it now, I hope it comes together and look forward to hearing about it as the location is great. Kind of like St Regis Punta Mita. Away from all the hustle and crowds of the touristy area (Puerto Vallarta in that case, Cancun in this case)..

Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Anyone stay here yet? Looks like a couple of possible reviews on trip advisor now…. Some of the photos seem like stock photos still but there are a few with people in it.. I think i might need more reviews than normal to make me feel comfortable…Would like to book July if it’s really up and running and a good spot.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by FenwayTim
Anyone stay here yet? Looks like a couple of possible reviews on trip advisor now…. Some of the photos seem like stock photos still but there are a few with people in it.. I think i might need more reviews than normal to make me feel comfortable…Would like to book July if it’s really up and running and a good spot.
there’s a review with pictures on the Marriott Bonvoy (Ambassador and Titanium Elite Community) Facebook group. Looks nice!
Old Apr 9, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Stayed last week for two nights as a Plat before heading down to Playa for a longer stay. This is perhaps the most stunning beachfront resort I've seen, period. The resort is built as half circles rising out of the wetlands with elevated walkways. The lighting at night on the buildings is beautiful. The property looks like a modern art museum while still being cozy and comfortable.

My bed type request limited the offered upgrade, but the standard room was quite nice. Plat brekkie was continental - coffee, juice, fruit plate, and two pastries - with $25 upcharge to buffet. Buffet was underwhelming for a resort of this caliber, but that could be pre-opening jitters and very low occupancy.

Can't wait to see what the professional photographers do when they replace the rendered photos on the website. The few I took don't do it justice.

Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:36 pm

Email

Is there an email address I can reach them to make transportation arrangements?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lancexfang
Is there an email address I can reach them to make transportation arrangements?
[email protected]

Rates from CUN airport (in USD) are:
SUV: $209 one way/ $418 round trip (max 4 people)
Van: $155 one way / $290 round trip (max 6 people)

———————————————————————————
Virtuoso | Hyatt Privé | Marriott STARS and Luminous Agent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.