Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Mexico City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP

I didn't find a master thread on the Le Meridien Mexico City. Let me start off by saying that this hotel was recently converted from a Hilton Embassy Suites hotel not too long ago. I just got back from a recent stay and as a Platinum member, I received:

-500 Starpoints welcome amenity
-free internet
-upgraded to a Premier Suite (booked classic suite)
-4pm late checkout given (not needed)
-welcome drink (sour apple martini at the bar)

I wrote a review on my blog with detailed pictures if you need more details:

http://pointssummary.com/2013/01/31/...-hotel-review/

Has anyone else stayed here recently?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I am a semi-regular at this property and have to say that the vast majority of the staff at this re-branded property (as of late October 2012) really ¨get it¨. They are friendly and efficient and I get the feeling they are happy with the re-branding.

The location for me is just so-so but the all-suites layout is enjoyable given the size of some hotel rooms in the capital.

Their price-point is consistly $160ish and up, but worth it IMHO. ^
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Does anyone know how they handle the platinum breakfast amenity here? The master thread doesn't list this hotel. Also, is there a club level? The website doesn't say one way or another...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I'm also wondering about the platinum breakfast and happy hour at this hotel. I'm surprised this property has no information at all here on FT.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Free Agent
This is a very average, and somewhat mediocre, hotel. It used to be an Embassy Suites, and it appears that all the Le Meridien renovation money was spent on the public spaces and outside signage. The rooms don’t appear to have been renovated or changed at all. The hotel isn’t situated near anything of interest, so you’ll have to walk or take a taxi. The closest metro station (Revolucion) is 1/3 mile away.

A pre-paid taxi was MXP240 to the hotel, which took about 25 minutes with light traffic. Upon checking in, I was thanked for being a platinum member and was upgraded to a corner room (all rooms are suites). Breakfast was included in my rate, and it had a decent spread of fruit, yogurt, pastries, and hot breakfast sides. The cook can provide made to order eggs and chilaquiles.

The room itself is a bit average, and there’s nothing special about it. The carpet was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The AC was noisy and not very effective, it was impossible to get the water temperature in the shower right, and the safe was hidden *in* the bathroom behind the door (I had to have somebody come up to show me where it was).

The gym is in the basement, and is of average size. It’s packed with equipment though. There is a coin-operated laundry next to the gym too. I took a day trip to Teotihuacan, and the hotel offered a private driver for MXP2500(!) or a group tour for MXP525. If you ask the doormen to grab a cab, make sure you specify a sitio. Otherwise they’ll call a special “tourist taxi” that will cost 2.5x as much as sitio.

All in all, I wish I had stayed elsewhere. While there was certainly nothing bad about the hotel, it’s also subpar for a Le Meridien. The only bright spot is the staff, who are friendly and try hard to please. Either way, the St. Regis will be better suited for me next time I’m in town.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat

I'm staying here as we speak. The above post is fairly accurate. The room is nice, but certainly not overly luxurious. I found the shower to be nice, though.

The breakfast amenity is as described. For Sunday "brunch" they charge mxd60 extra, but there's honestly little difference from any other day, except some breakfast paella I didn't indulge in.

On the bright side, the french restaurant downstairs has some great food. I also received two free drink coupons at check in.

I also always make a green choice, but my room has been cleaned everyday, top. So, I suppose that's an unexpected bonus since I still expect to receive the points.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, United/Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold
I was quite pleased with my week-long stay as a Plat and didn't find the room at all in need of renovation. Everything seemed fairly modern and functioned perfectly. My room safe was inside one of the closets. Morning breakfast buffet was fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, berries, sausage, hash browns, refried beans and eggs to order.

Really the best part of this hotel is the staff. Every person without exception was friendly, helpful and competent - from the restaurant waitstaff to the cleaning staff to the concierge, front desk and bellman. They went out of their way to make my stay quite comfortable.

As for location, it is not really that far from Zona Rosa - I can walk it in about 15 minutes. Which may actually be faster than a cab depending on time of day.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any further updates in the past year here? Typically I stay at the W, which I like a lot in the DF...but open to something new.

I like Polanco a lot, seems like the LM immediate area isn't quite as nice?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Any further updates in the past year here? Typically I stay at the W, which I like a lot in the DF...but open to something new.

I like Polanco a lot, seems like the LM immediate area isn't quite as nice?
I stayed earlier this year again and wrote a second review about the property - http://first2board.com/pointssummary...otel-review-2/
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:31 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Looks like the rooms here have finally been renovated - gone are the neutral tones of Embassy Suites units and in come the blacks, greys and splashes of red that Le Méridien has been liberally using across its new portfolio. Some Mexican art/photography seems to punctuate the spaces and it looks good - nothing mindblowing, mind, but a good update that puts the property in line with the brand.

Photos here: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ropertyID=3863

khabah
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I'm potentially going to be staying at this property later this year. One of the packages I"m looking at comes with "VIP amenities." Is breakfast included in those amenities?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Looking at this for a stay in April. The cash rate is pretty good (sub $100/night). Any more updated reviews?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Looking at this for a stay in April. The cash rate is pretty good (sub $100/night). Any more updated reviews?
You will find more updated commentary in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...thread-14.html

I was there for one night in early 2018. It's okay at the sub-$100 price point.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:24 pm

I recently stayed at this hotel and I used my Bonvoy Visa card but this hotel billed itself as something like "PROMO PASEO DE LA REFORMA" and did not register as a Marriott hotel which caused me to not get 6x points instead I only got 2x. Who do I talk to in regards to this issue? I've put in inquiries to both Chase and Marriott but they are treating it as neither of their issues. I recall something similar happening previously at Hilton hotels in Colombia, which Hilton was able to credit me for. Marriott Bonvoy customer service is just not as good at this point compared to Hilton Honors.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Le Meridien in Mexico City has Suspended Operations

I had a four night reservation cancelled today and received an email from Le Meridien that the hotel has suspended operations. I also have another reservation in December with the same hotel that as of right now is still valid. Not holding my breath though. I just rebooked at the Sheraton down the street. Tourism has seriously picked up in Mexico City, so not sure why they are suspending service now and not back when it was a ghost town? Hope this isn't a sign of things to come with the upcoming holidays around the corner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.