Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Carlo IV, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum

I travel to Prague frequently on business. I have a (reasonable) budget price I'm supposed to stick to, which puts the Marriott Prague out of my price range (boo hoo.) So I usually stay the Courtyard Flora (Great hotel, a real flagship for the Courtyard brand IMO) where they recognise my Plat status with an upgraded room, some free snacks / drinks from their mini-shop etc.

I noticed though that I can now afford the BoscoAutograph Hotel. It sounds brilliant (Marriott claim it's "5 star".)

Any opinions from some FTers?

Many thanks

M
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you do a search on "Prague Autograph Collection", 2-3 threads come up w/ trip reports in them re: the property.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
We Liked this hotel

Very nice hotel. We liked it a lot. Stayed only one night there but it was a very beautiful hotel and the Boscolo service was very evident during the day and the evening as well. My only complaint was with the front desk lady who told us things that were just flat wrong (such as a free night in the museums when there was no free night).
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
I posted about this hotel in another thread (or two?)

Have a search.

I loved it, thought it was excellent.

Worth staying in the old wing, and going for 'superior' room if you can.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks for the advice everyone = much appreciated.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Trip Report - Boscolo Prague

Wife and I stayed 3 nights on a LNF rate of approx 115 Euro/night in August 2014.

Hotel is an old bank building (just like Budapest Boscolo) - beautiful and great location, 15 minutes walk from anywhere in tourist area. 5 minutes walk from main train station. We took a car service from airport, $30 plus tip each way, about 30 minutes.

Originally was given Room 101 (deluxe room, which is what I reserved) and it had bathroom and sitting area on first floor, then narrow windind staircase leading to bedroom on 2nd floor. Each "room" was 100 square feet or so, very small. We figured we would kill ourselves falling down the steep steps, if we had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I requested a room without stairs, and the front desk upgraded us to a superior room on the 2nd floor, which was nice.

Buffet was nice but nothing outstanding. No eggs to order, but lots of choices.

Gym was pretty weak - 1 treadmill and no elliptical. Gym was free except from 5pm-8pm there was a 10 euro fee. Never seen that before.

Arrival gift was snack box of sausage/cheese/figs, plus 2 Beers or water or soft drinks.

Wireless internet (top tier) was free but terrible - disconnected every 5-10 minutes, speed slow, and was down frequently.

STaff was nice and helpful. Asked for and received a 2pm late checkout.

No lounge. nice pool/spa.

Enjoyed the stay but next time would try the FS Marriott due to the good reviews there.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Duplicate post

Last edited by nachosdelux; Aug 21, 2014 at 2:05 am
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux

Wife and I stayed 3 nights on a LNF rate of approx 115 Euro/night in August 2014.

Was Buffet included with Gold status?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jlparkerart
Was Buffet included with Gold status?
Yes it is.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:21 pm

Was just here for Christmas, had a very similar stay. Actually really enjoyed it. The hotel has a lot of character and the service was very good. the buffet each morning that was included with gold status was nice and filling. Great selection.

We had dinner in the restaurant one night, had the place almost to ourselves. Great food at a good price. Mostly Italian. The service was perfect.

The room was nice, and decently appointed, though the bed was rather hard and the room was a bit small, even though we were in the deluxe. Was hoping for an upgrade with our status.

The spa and the pool are great. Worth staying here to enjoy them.

Great Rate, about 103 Euro/night. Bad value for points redemption though, better to pay.

The location is great, perfect for walking around the city.

Manager on duty when we left was nice guy from Egypt who now lives in BRNO and comes up to work every week. Wonderful person to talk to.

I think the charm of the building puts it over the top. Would for sure stay here again.

Originally Posted by nachosdelux

Hotel is an old bank building (just like Budapest Boscolo) - beautiful and great location, 15 minutes walk from anywhere in tourist area. 5 minutes walk from main train station. We took a car service from airport, $30 plus tip each way, about 30 minutes.

Originally was given Room 101 (deluxe room, which is what I reserved) and it had bathroom and sitting area on first floor, then narrow windind staircase leading to bedroom on 2nd floor. Each "room" was 100 square feet or so, very small. We figured we would kill ourselves falling down the steep steps, if we had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I requested a room without stairs, and the front desk upgraded us to a superior room on the 2nd floor, which was nice.

Gym was pretty weak - 1 treadmill and no elliptical. Gym was free except from 5pm-8pm there was a 10 euro fee. Never seen that before.

Arrival gift was snack box of sausage/cheese/figs, plus 2 Beers or water or soft drinks.

Wireless internet (top tier) was free but terrible - disconnected every 5-10 minutes, speed slow, and was down frequently.

STaff was nice and helpful. Asked for and received a 2pm late checkout.

No lounge. nice pool/spa.

Enjoyed the stay but next time would try the FS Marriott due to the good reviews there.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:56 pm

Marriott Boscolo Hotel Prague

does anybody have any pros or cons about this hotel??
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
We stayed there a few years ago. As SPG Gold we were treated very well... The buffet breakfast was outstanding. Right across from the train station. Room was a little small, but met the needs.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by fwfdan
We stayed there a few years ago. As SPG Gold we were treated very well... The buffet breakfast was outstanding. Right across from the train station. Room was a little small, but met the needs.
I stayed there back in 2016 and enjoyed our stay very much. Room wasn't really that much of an upgrade that I can remember but a nice room, beautiful hotel and great staff. But for our stay in 2016 later in the year it was just too expensive to make it worth it. Stayed at the Marriott and had a wonderful experience there, awesome upgrade and service! I was glad I decided to stay there.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I like the Marriott, too, but the Sheraton was even less expensive for my most recent visit. It was very nice. The New City location was a little more Czech Neighborhoodish than the Marriott. It is an easy walk to the tourist areas. They gave me an UG to a two story suite with two baths and a small balcony with a look-in-the-right-direction and you have a kinda view of the castle and there is a CL. They were in temporary quarters while I was they but working on the new club and should be done by now. The breakfast was nicer than the Marriott but not quite as nice as the Boscolo. Public transportation is steps away from the Sheraton and the staff was awesome.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Some of the rooms look a bit dated in the photos, but the photos on the Marriott site are oddly stretched out. How far is this hotel walking distance from the main site? Is the Marriott or InterContinental a better location than this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.