Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CO-PLAT
Helpful tips:
  • Closest hotel to Kahului Airport (OGG)
  • When coming into town on the main road from the airport, the hotel is on your left, but you cannot turn left into its parking lot. You have to go to the intersection that's immediatly past the hotel and turn left to go around to the other side of the hotel, where you can actually turn to go into the parking lot. (Maui has a lot of parking lots that are like that, where you can only go into them with a right turn and you can only exit them with a right turn.)
  • Next to Costco (stock up )
  • Category 7
  • No resort fee
  • Parking is $12/night but sometimes waived for elites
    Otherwise craz pointed out "I parked it on Kiele St which is all of a 2-3 min walk. Its a small street off Dairy Rd between the Lexus showroon and Tesoro gas station" so surface parking can be found.
  • the CYs shuttle will take you within a 3 mile radius, the local Enterprise is by the Maui Mall a 1 mile distance , check to see if their rates are cheaper then the airports, wish I had known that
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
I will be working at the Medical center - less than a 10min drive from the CY (per Apple Maps). Not sure what the housing budget is, but my stay(s) will probably be about 10 day blocks and the prices that I am seeing now, while better, might still be out of the budget. It is unclear how much - if any major downtime I will get to explore the island (especially given the traffic). From when I was there last, the area around Maalaea and Kihei appeared nice - but probably too expensive and maybe too far as I want/need to be close to work......but would like the option of some down time for some quiet beach sunrise/sunset time......
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by mfirst
I will be working at the Medical center - less than a 10min drive from the CY (per Apple Maps). Not sure what the housing budget is, but my stay(s) will probably be about 10 day blocks and the prices that I am seeing now, while better, might still be out of the budget. It is unclear how much - if any major downtime I will get to explore the island (especially given the traffic). From when I was there last, the area around Maalaea and Kihei appeared nice - but probably too expensive and maybe too far as I want/need to be close to work......but would like the option of some down time for some quiet beach sunrise/sunset time......
It’s an entirely acceptable hotel for business on Maui. That’s what it was built for. Unfortunately, it now gets a lot of tourist traffic driving the rates up, but there really isn’t much in the way of cheaper options in reasonable commuting distance to Kahului/Wailuku. It’s not very walkable, but a short drive from decent beach and walkabout opportunities.

Last edited by WrightHI; Jul 11, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MARRIOTT TITANIUM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by WrightHI
It’s an entirely acceptable hotel for business on Maui. That’s what it was built for. Unfortunately, it now gets a lot of tourist traffic driving the rates up, but there really isn’t much in the way of cheaper options in reasonable commuting distance to Kahului/Wailuku. It’s not very walkable, but a short drive from decent beach and walkabout opportunities.
Agreed with Wright HI. Not a lot of branded options in Kahului/Wailuku. But it makes a ton of sense to stay at the CY due to proximity to work. And you'll have time before or after work to visit a bunch of places. There are the Maui Beach Hotel and Maui Seaside Hotel with rates that are about 1/2 of the CY's for a randomly selected week in August. They are a little bit closer to the medical center, right on the bay. I've never stayed there, or walked the property, but if you have a housing allowance perhaps this is something for you to consider? CY with a "stay longer" rate is still $503/night b/f taxes ($591/night after taxes). Good thing is you'll rack up the point quickly, especially if you have the Marriott branded credit card. So if you average out over the life of your staying in Maui, perhaps it becomes slightly more palatable (assuming you utilize your earned points to also stay at the CY). Good luck!

In general, hotel rates have gone nuts on Maui (and throughout Hawaii)
Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by landturtle
In general, hotel rates have gone nuts on Maui (and throughout Hawaii)
This, absolutely. It seems like everyone west of the Rockies is spending whatever they saved by not going on vacation during Covid to come here now. I'm expecting, or at least hoping, that it will start to improve in the fall, but Maui is just cost prohibitive right now and the Kohala coast is almost as bad.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WrightHI
This, absolutely. It seems like everyone west of the Rockies is spending whatever they saved by not going on vacation during Covid to come here now.
It's not demand driven and they're (mostly) not selling out. Rather, Wailea properties are raising and holding prices independent of demand. They've figured out they make more money 70% full at $1300/night than 100% full at $600/night.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:13 am

Interesting, but is that profitability driven or are they as full as they can handle with the staffing they have available? I’m surprised to see, eg, no event or government rates available anywhere near Wailea for a well-established, locally sponsored meeting in early fall that draws a bunch of government and government contractor employees. Seems like eating their seed corn, unless they really think there’s sustainable demand at these rates. Maui is nice enough, but not that nice.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:41 am

I have seen some of these low-priced options - and have the obvious mixed feelings about staying in some place that might be a "dump".... what is interesting is that since this is thru work and their travel department, I shared with them that they might want to start thinking about this a little more than 1-2 days in advance (which is their typical approach to reserving hotel rooms) and to maybe think outside the box with regards to finding me a place to stay (airbnb?) that is acceptable - but if the only option is a high end resort, then...well, OPM
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:23 am

It looks like work is putting me here for a couple of 10-14 night stays over the next few months.... which is ok
while I would never turn down a 4 seasons or ritz.... I like the idea that this is close to where I will be working, especially given the commute, distance, and costs (not sure what my budget is - but anything about, I pay myself - and not sure if the huge premiums are worth it these days - although some of the resort benefits would be nice).

I have done extended stays at CY in the past and it looks like the comments are a few years old here - but any advice:
I am Titanium - so might have some say in room selection?
.... I recall all CY are about the same, other than views, so not much upgrade options?
- sleep and quiet is important and nice - but I doubt there are many flights landing after hours?
- are there any rooms with a desirable view?
.... did we ever resolve the free parking (yes - OPM, but I dont like to waste if I dont have to)
.... typical CY Bistro and $10 F&B credit?

any other advice given the location?
... I beach would be nice - not inherently for sitting around soaking up the sun -but nice walks (I guess sunset is the other side of the island?) to help relax.....

thank you in advance.....

-m

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.