Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Singapore - Sentosa Cove [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, the Elite happy hour benefit is a single drink voucher from a limited menu (Margarita, Tequila Sunrise, and one other drink I can't remember).
Print Wikipost

W Singapore - Sentosa Cove [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:19 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Any food during happy hour? I'm weighing up a stay here or at St Regis.
Well they do provide you some nuts.
Bear in mind "W" is free-flow of drinks while St Regis Sg is limited supply (1 comp drink per day)
Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by xar
Well they do provide you some nuts.
Bear in mind "W" is free-flow of drinks while St Regis Sg is limited supply (1 comp drink per day)
My understanding was that St Regis happy hour included some form of food, is that correct?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:58 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
My understanding was that St Regis happy hour included some form of food, is that correct?
Yes. By the pool, but my experience was the food offering was beyond underwhelming.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 4:21 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
I had my drinks at Astor Bar when i stayed back around Feb 2019. Choice of Wine, Cocktails or Beer but no food.
Different experience from m0hamed.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:19 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xar
I had my drinks at Astor Bar when i stayed back around Feb 2019. Choice of Wine, Cocktails or Beer but no food.
Different experience from m0hamed.
Yours is more recent.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:49 am

Can anyone confirm if W Singapore is classified as a resort hotel or not? I am looking for guaranteed 4pm late checkout as a Titanium Elite.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:03 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Can anyone confirm if W Singapore is classified as a resort hotel or not? I am looking for guaranteed 4pm late checkout as a Titanium Elite.
We would like to confirm that our W Singapore - Sentosa Cove is a Resort. Therefore, 4 p.m. late check-out is based on availability. Please address your request directly with the front desk agent once you check-in. They will follow-up with you directly. Let us know if there is anything else we could assist you further. We wish you a wonderful stay.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone here stayed in the Away Suite? I have it booked for a couple nights in Dec and didn't realize there's only one of it, so I guess I can give up any hope of a BRG on it either since it's impossible to book and then send a comparison rate. I was deciding between it and the Fantastic suite which sells for substantially more, but for a stay focused more on relaxing and having some privacy the Away Suite actually seems better? The pool also looks substantially larger in the photos than the pools in the other suites.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Anyone stayed here recently?

I have a booking but have just been informed of the daily limit of 2 hours of pool time so that has got me reconsidering. IMO, it isn't much of a staycation if I'm so severely limited and will have to be cooped up in my room for the majority of my stay.

Has anyone had recent experience of how restricted the facilities are right now and whether it's worth splashing out on a stay.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
We were there at the end of August, and had a fabulous time. Yes, pool time is time slotted, as well as breakfast, but we were allowed to extend our pool time into the next slot, or book another slot if there were spaces. And, even though the hotel was apparently at (limited) capacity, there was always space at the pool. I guess people didn't find it so limiting. Also, there's Sentosa Cove, and you can walk around, visit some of the bars and restaurants nearby... it's not like it's only room or pool. Or, you can really splash out on a stay, and get one of the suites with private pool
Old Feb 8, 2021, 1:18 am

Thanks, I will be flying solo, so bars, restaurants etc aren't super appealing. The rooms with pools are appealing but out of my price range unfortunately. Best I can hope for is a Marvelous suite using SNAs.

I think I will probably cancel the reservation. Having to plan out when I do everything defeats the object of taking the break for me.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 1:30 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Unfortunately, that's what every staycation will be like until we're out of Phase 3. Looking at some other hotels, W is even generous with the duration of their pool slot. FWIW, I'm planning a series of staycations to take advantage of Q1 promo, and can report of experiences in Marriot Tang, Sheraton and Westin. Already been to JW, and, yes, everything is time-slotted, but lounge is open, and service is excellent.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 3:01 am

I live on Orchard so Sentosa is about as close to a break away from the city as I can get. I was looking at other properties but they are mostly so close to me it won't feel like a get away. My condo looks out onto Tang so that's definitely ruled out!

Anyway, thanks for the info, super helpful for my decision making.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:54 pm

Any more recent stays here?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott
how likely is SNA to get approved in this hotel? thinking to stay there in mid oct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.