Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Columbus Ohio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2003, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite

I'm thinking of flying into CMH to visit some friends. While in Ohio, I also wanted to spend a day at Cedar Point to ride the new Top Thrill Dragster (tallest coaster in the world). Does anyone have any experiences with Columbus-area Marriotts? My friends are in the Northern part of town so I was considering the Columbus Marriott North.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ssession:
I'm thinking of flying into CMH to visit some friends. While in Ohio, I also wanted to spend a day at Cedar Point to ride the new Top Thrill Dragster (tallest coaster in the world). Does anyone have any experiences with Columbus-area Marriotts? My friends are in the Northern part of town so I was considering the Columbus Marriott North.</font>
You do realize Cedar Point is 60 miles west of Cleveland and about 40 miles east of Toledo (so no where close to Columbus) do you? You'll get cheaper rates in Toledo than Cleveland. If you must stay in Columbus I think it's about a 2-3 hour drive to Cedar Point
Old Jun 2, 2003, 3:44 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
You do realize Cedar Point is 60 miles west of Cleveland and about 40 miles east of Toledo (so no where close to Columbus) do you?</font>
From Columbus there are also no direct Interstates as well. While not a hard drive, it sure is not as easy as getting on a highway and hitting cruise. Trip took me usually 2.25 to 2.75 hours.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Jun 2, 2003, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I've stayed at the Columbus Marriott North several times. It is a typical Marriott. Nothing special but nothing bad either.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 9:34 am
LK

The Columbus Marriott NorthWest is very nice. Good facilities.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 1:09 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LK:
The Columbus Marriott NorthWest is very nice. Good facilities.</font>

Second that. The Marriott's here are nothing special, just the average run-of-the-mill stuff. The Marriott Northwest is tops however, it is in a business park, near a decent shopping mall and restaurants. About a 20 minute drive to downtown.

Also, don't let the drive scare you. Cedar Point takes about 2.5 hours and the drive is easy. Sure there is no direct interstate but the highways will give you a scenic farmland drive.

If you need any advice, location help, directions, etc. here in the Buckeye State just let me know by e-mail.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
I stayed at the Marriott North for the first time last month. The property is nothing really special, but had a unique experience in the concierge lounge.

I was making small talk with the concierge -comparing their cheesecake and chocolate cake for desert. I commented that chocolate cake really wasn't complete without vanilla ice cream. She took a piece, went downstairs and returned with chocolate cake a-la-mode. Never had that kind of service before!

Bruce
Old Jun 4, 2003, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I don't mind the drive up to Cedar Point. I grew up in Texas so long drives through farmland are nothing new to me. The main reason for my trip is to visit my friends in Columbus, Cedar Point is just a sidebar. I'm using Marriott Certs so the price is not an issue either.
My friends live pretty close to the Marriott North, is the Marriott Nortwest nice enough to warrant a little extra drive?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Columbus Ohio Properties

Hi all at FT, I was hoping someone could speak to a property for a trip I'm planning to Columbus, OH March 3rd-6th. I'm hoping to be close to the downtown area, if not, I won't mind as I will have a rental car. Any insight is much appreciated, thanks. -krpjr
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
All 3 of the properties downtown (a CY, RI, and Ren) are nice. Ive stayed at them all. The Renaissance is the best, imho.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Stayed at the Ren for an OSU game this fall, great hotel, friendly staff, good lounge. Definitely recommend.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by lucycan
All 3 of the properties downtown (a CY, RI, and Ren) are nice. Ive stayed at them all. The Renaissance is the best, imho.
Originally Posted by nevansm
Stayed at the Ren for an OSU game this fall, great hotel, friendly staff, good lounge. Definitely recommend.
Thank you both, for providing feedback. I'm not Platinum but I am a MR Gold member, how are they with chances of upgrades at the Renaissance?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I also recommend the Ren. As a platinum, I am usually upgraded to a room on a high floor but not the specfic floor with the Concierge Lounge. I can't remember his name right now, but the night lounge attendant is exceptional. The morning lounge attendant is also very nice. Overall, the staff at this property is very good. Food at the bar can be hit or miss. So I'd recommend eating off property for dinner.

--Jon

Last edited by Jon Maiman; Dec 19, 2010 at 7:31 pm
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Wherever you choose, you need to do so quickly. Hotels are booking fast (if not already sold out) for the Arnold Classic that weekend.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
The Residence Inn Dublin is being rebranded to Sonesta ES on Aug 10, 2012.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.